Follow

Hi all!
I am a Neuroscience student conducting research on AD for the development of an app dedicated to facilitating care and communication between caregivers and people with AD. AgingCare has verified my research and approved my post on this website. To ensure optimal user experience of this app, I have prepared a short survey for caregivers. I know many people are providing in-home care to a loved one and others are providing professional caregiving services; I would be immensely grateful if you could please complete this survey and provide any insight into your experiences. Please find the survey linked here; thank you so much for your time. https://mdhru1.typeform.com/to/wLkaMUtV

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
@GardenArtist, thank you so much for posting this solution. And to answer your question, yes -- that is the basic premise! You all have firsthand experience providing care, and I am hoping to apply your suggestions and the reflections you share to determine what the most useful features would be to include in this app. So far, the most common responses have included the success of music, puzzles, and exercise, so the idea is to incorporate these helpful techniques into the app as maybe a game or something of the sort. I am hoping to make this a user-friendly app for both people with AD and caregivers alike and am researching clinical trials as well for additional information. I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any additional recommendations/suggestions; I would love to hear your feedback.
(0)

@Bridger, I found a way to opt out of cookie collection, assuming the assertion is valid and the action taken.  

For others, answer a few questions, when the "Typeform" link is available, click on it, then click on the option to eliminate cookie placement. 

And obviously don't provide any personal information.  

Addressing this issue, it's one of the most offensive, egregious and obnoxious tactics of websites.    It's the main factor in contributing to capitalizing on humans and making us tools for marketing.  Cf FB, for example.  MSN isn't much better.

MDHRU, I'm curious how the last several questions can be implemented into an app.  E.g., music is the most effective stimulant I've found.   Would you then consider that an app would be linked to something that provides music?
(3)

@Bridger46164, Sir/Ma'am, I completely understand your reservations about university students conducting online surveys. I don't wish to change your mind, but I can assure you that the only personal information that this survey asks for is your experience being a caregiver and whether or not you've integrated technology into your caregiving practices. Scrolling through the Forum and Discussion pages, I've observed many of the comments talking about the exact same subjects. Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your input!
(0)

I do not participate in university research surveys. You have no way of knowing where your answers/data go. Surveyors have many ways of tagging a respondent. Our facility had problems with a major university. They gave out our location and other information that was private. We made many changes after that experience. It was two students, late 20’s who were PhD candidates. These students were vetted by their university graduate school.
(0)

Shell, aging care already posted that they checked out this person. That he is what he says he is. So if you are caregiving and interested in his survey consider taking it. They posted yesterday that he or she is fine.
He (she?) posted to me yesterday saying there were not many takers on the research, which surprised me, but I imagine people are suspicious as we have folks coming here all the time. I suggested to post in Discussions where there might be more to view the request. For me, it's out as I didn't do actual in home care at all.
Hope you will consider it.
https://www.agingcare.com/questions/survey-for-caregivers-463557.htm?orderby=recentr
(2)

Didn't you already tried this? You were on here before stating that you were a student and that you were developing an app!

Heads up, if it didn't work the first time, it probably won't work this time!!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter