Follow
Read More
DIL brought me moose chili, Angel food cake, sliced peach
(4)

Tofu, mushrooms, and barley in chicken broth. Touch of chili powder.
help relieve my stress!
(3)

Baked dill lemon salmon with jasmine rice and baked broccoli with asparagus.
(5)

Had the wierdest meal at Cracker Barrel ever! we have been eating here alot because with hubs dental surguries this is nice soft food he can eat.. but I am getting pretty sick of it! Today we went at 2 as we were running errands, and it was still pretty busy. After we sat down I heard the hostess tell some one they only had 2 servers, who were also bussing the tables. This is not a diss on the waitress, she was doing her best. HUbs orders a fish meal, his was great and hot and correct. I ordered a salad with honey mustard and veg soup. Here we go... No untensils until after food had arrived, and no napkins until second request. My salad arrived, I am hungry so I dipped a cuke slice into my dressing cup,, gagged. It was ranch. Got that replaced, still no utensils. Then my soup came, alot spilled into the dish, no napkin,, and its barely lukewarm. And my salad had a weird "plop" of something to the one side. It was fried potatoes and a bit of ham.. sort of like it fell off another plate. Disturbing,, but I flicked it off into the soup plate and tried not to dwell on it. LOL Oh well,, at least I didn't starve and hubs was happy..
(5)

DIL brought me dinner. Roast, mashed potatoes, carrots. Nice change after hospital food. Be good to get home tomorrow.
(4)

Becky, wishing you a speedy recovery 🤗
(3)

Vegetable soup, salad, green jello
(2)

Steak and potato soup with croissant rolls.
(3)

Becky: Sorry about that.😥
(0)

Hospital food. half turkey sandwich, cup of broth, small salad and my favorite green hospital jello.
(1)

Went out to dinner. Prime rib, twice baked potato and salad. All good and time getting out and seeing people.
(5)

DD just came by for a visit with an entire "food box" she gets weekly. She cooked a ground pork dish and it smells wonderful! So I have lunch tomorrow as I am not hungry tonight! We used to get them but got to traveling so much, and some were delivered to the wrong house so we stopped. She brought it all in case her dad could eat something ( dental surgury) but no luck!
(4)

I’ve been cleaning out the freezer using small leftover stuff. I’m down to leftover chicken and chicken bones. Making a stockpot of broth. By evening Ill add veggies and rice for chicken and rice soup. Saturday I have a half of a hog and half a beef delivered. Resident moose hunting day is Saturday, so I’ll have some moose meat next week.
(3)

Steamed asparagus.
(4)

Congee loaded with extra vegetables and chicken
(3)

Love those 3 packs. I use the long leaves for lettuce wrap burgers etc. Must sauté a half romaine head again. It was delicious!

Dinner was multigrain sourdough bread (gluten free) with peanut butter and marmalade, and coffee and chocolate. I needed carbs tonight.
(5)

Send I began buying those 3 packs of romaine lettuce years ago,, I can just chop what I need and not demolish a whole head,, One romaine makes a nice big salad or 2 lunch portions with add ins. I do it for work alot as I like salads with OG italian dressing, I swear I could eat that stuff on paper!! I had a Dr apt today then went and ordered new glasses. There is an Indian carry out near there I have never tried, so I went and ordered Samosa for lunch. Got 3 nice sized ones and the dip was some of the best I've had, both the red and green ( Don;t know what they are called but they are spicy and great.) Hubs stopped at the food truck on the way home from the river and got me spring rolls,, they are wonderful too! Happy tummy here
(5)

Chicken noodle soup and chamomile tea.
(3)

A Good reminder! Used to buy packaged salads. Don't know why I did not continue after a recall.
That will help limit the salads to a reasonable portion for dH.

Welcome esawyer717, I see you there, just joining. You are a professional caregiver in Texas?
(1)

I can relate to your DH eating monster sized salads, sometimes I'll buy those bags that come packed with dressing etc and just mix it all up and eat it out of the bag!
(2)

I get it, You’re not alone! I hope your day is going really well! 🙏
(2)

Wait, you mean hot chocolate does not count as a veggie?

Keeping it easy to cook, I served Uncle Ben's Ready Rice, Garden Vegetable,
last night. Has peas, carrots, and corn.

Made a monster salad on Monday, served with the swordfish.
Romaine, radishes, tomatoes. Dh eats enough salad at a time to serve 5 people, a bit over the top. He might eat more if there existed a bigger bowl to make it in.

If you ever don't want to cook Cwillie, try the 90 sec. rice in the microwave.
(2)

No veggies Send?
(1)

Last night was grilled Ahi tuna and rice.
(1)

Seafood scampi made with scallops, shrimp and lobster. Did half with rice and remainder with linguine noodles. Salad and lemon pound cake.
(4)

I usually make the old fashioned hershey's hot cocoa using dark chocolate cocoa instead of the "normal" cocoa. When the kids are around I usually end up making at least two runs. When its just for me I store the leftover in the fridge; it heats up in the microwave really well!
(4)

Store brand.
Sprouts Organic Hot Cocoa Mix
Milk Chocolate
Made with Dutch Process Cocoa and Real Milk
Includes 21 g Added sugars 42% 😵 First ingredient listed!
but has Potassium 144 mg. 4% 😊

Unique feels heavier than other cocoa. Like a bag of sugar, lol.

I usually opt for the dark chocolate.
Bag only has 12 servings @ 110 calories.

Glad,
The reaction was cute. Good thing he did not gasp!
(2)

I love a mocha, however you make it!
(2)

This cocoa?
https://www.today.com/video/little-boy-has-best-reaction-to-trying-unsweetened-cocoa-powder-1311946819885

Or are you talking about something like Swiss Miss? My favorite and what I consider the best is Nestle Hot Cocoa Mix?
(2)

The hot chocolate arrived this evening, tastes like the best hot cocoa I ever had.
This may be the answer to making my coffee taste better!
A little shot of espresso, half 'n half, cocoa, and 2% Lactaid Milk.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter