Follow
Read More
So, I blew it today with eating well! Hahaha 🤣

Skipped breakfast entirely, other than coffee. Wasn’t hungry.

Had four pieces of peppermint bark that hubby put in my Christmas stocking for lunch. Love the stuff!

Hubby is immersed in a project for work and isn’t going to stop to eat.

I didn’t feel like cooking a meal and decided to bake banana bread for my dinner! It should be done in about an hour and I will have a piece of banana bread and a cup of coffee for my dinner.

I use Bread Dad’s recipe. He has one that he uses oil instead of butter and it comes out really moist. I like his recipe a lot. I love zucchini bread but have never made it. I have made pumpkin bread and that is yummy too.

Tomorrow I will do better and eat real food. It’s a good thing that peppermint bark (Ghirardelli) only comes out once a year! It’s one of my favorite candies, other than dark chocolate truffles!
(5)

Cashew,

Sounds like a great deal of progress is being made! Fantastic!

Can’t share your taste for BK though, 😆 LOL!

I can share your enthusiasm for no dishes! Yay! Enjoy your burger.

I haven’t even thought about dinner yet. I’m not especially very hungry today.
(1)

Well...the kitchen is looking very nice. I've oiled and placed my butcherblock, painted the cabinets, and today I installed the sink.
FIrst day to actually have fast food. I got a whopper Jr. lol
No dishes until tomorrow, please.
(6)

Thanks, Glad.
(1)

NHWM I always Google "Best" whatever it is, in your case immersion blender.
A number of results, in this case I would think Better Homes and Gardens reviews would be reliable. I don't like Amazon reviews either, only as a second opinion.
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/appliances/blender-reviews/g2067/best-immersion-blender/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=arb_ga_ghk_md_pmx_us_urlx_18823379416&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_aXHm7ab_AIV7ClMCh3liwHvEAAYAiAAEgKGZfD_BwE
(1)

Thanks for the info on immersion blender, ITRR! That helps to know.
(1)

Leftover Christmas dinner 🤶 crispy-skinned salmons, scalloped potatoes and green bean casserole made by DD.
(3)

Need, be sure and get an immersion blender that has an on/off feature. The ones you have to hold the button in for on, get tiresome quickly. BTDT
(3)

Bridget,

I eat soup year round. I love it. Some people enjoy it more in colder months.

I keep saying that I am going to get an immersion blender but haven’t gotten around to it.

I can’t decide which one to buy. The reviews on Amazon drive me crazy.
(1)

Took out a container of frozen vegetable soup. Tasted good on this cold evening.
(4)

Happy Birthday to Luckylu!
🥳️🎂🎈🎈🎈 🎉🎁🎈🎈🎈
(4)

Thanks, Polar

We had a very nice Christmas dinner. I hope you did too, as well as everyone else on this AgingCare forum.
(2)

Thx cw. Your meal sounds great. I love a rutabaga carrot mix. I have done them mashed.
(2)

One recipe said 20 minutes and another said 30 so I compromised at 25, then I popped them in my little oven for 10 minutes after the veggies came out to crisp the skin. I think they turned out well.
(3)

cw - I'm curious about turkey thighs in the instant pot. For how long and does the skin get crispy?
(2)

Turkey thighs are in the instant pot, a mix of rutabaga, carrots and parsnips are in the little oven, the spuds are boiling for mashed potatoes and there will be dressing, gravy and cranberry sauce too. After all that shovelling today I should be allowed to pile my plate high!
(5)

Steak, latkes and salad.
(4)

Chef from my stepson's restaurant came and fixed Cathy and I something to eat. We're quilting today and didn't want a big holiday dinner. We had scrambled eggs with cheese and veggies, fried potatoes and toasted homemade bread. He brought us a piece of pie for later on. Cold and windy.
(4)

Hello BoniChak, I hear ya!

It's Veggie soya meat-subs and a variety of roasted veg. With red wine. Basic but nice. Most likely will have a glass of sherry later this evening. No frills really, see my post on "how do you spend the holiday season?" for the rest.

All the best for the rest of the holiday season.

Love & Peace.
(1)

NHWM-Have a great dinner with your daughters. We usually have ours on Christmas eve at my in laws. It was great last night. Good food, then desserts, then some family friendly games that kids and adults can play together. Today, we sleep in and later eat leftovers and open the rest of the presents.
(1)

Good morning everyone!

Merry Christmas 🎄 to all! It’s 38 degrees here in New Orleans, so not bad at all. 😊

Going to my daughter’s apartment for dinner. Yay! My daughters are doing all of the cooking. I have yearned to have a holiday dinner prepared entirely by them.

My home was the place where everyone landed for holidays. I loved it but it does become tiring.

All I am bringing over to my daughter’s place is a bottle of wine for us to enjoy.

She is serving ham, sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables and macaroni and cheese and pie for dessert. Sounds good to me!

My daughters have called me Scrooge this year because the extent of my decorating is a wreath on my door and burning a Christmas candle! They love decorating.

I decided to take a break from decorating this year. It’s a pain to get everything out of the attic and unpack it all, then pack it all up again.

I do have Christmas spirit but have gotten away from all of the hustle and bustle and have relaxed more.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Day and may the upcoming new year be filled with joy.
(3)

Good morning Cwillie, and Merry Christmas!

It will be okay, just lick all the chocolate off first, and it will count as a muffin.
(1)

I having a banana muffin for breakfast. Er, uhm... does it still count as a muffin if it's got chocolate icing?
(1)

Willie, I'd love a teenburger right about now. Yum!
(1)

Tonight which is traditionally Xmas Eve Swedish meatball dinner I am having a frozen pizza. It is the 40th anniversary of having frozen pizza on December 24 because of the 1982 Christmas blizzard, and the first night home for my newly born daughter (23rd).

We were to be with family, but the storm made it impossible so there was not much food in the house. Frozen pizza was all that Big Top had and was close to home, all other stores had closed.
(5)

cw,

Don’t you love marketing? A&W isn’t exactly what I would have in mind when thinking about ‘comfort’ food.
(0)

I googled fast easy comfort food to get some ideas for dinner tonight. Google gave me an ad for A&W 🙄
(5)

Golden,

Seasonings such as our ‘holy trinity’ ‘Nola speak’ for onions, celery and bell peppers can go bad quickly. I do buy fresh produce the majority of the time.

You can freeze onions, celery and bell peppers. Our stores have it already bagged up in the freezer section.

I love ITRR’s idea of sautéing it before freezing when using fresh. That would be a time saver for sure, plus it’s always handy when it’s needed. I think I will start doing this too.
(3)

Baked Sweet potato with Swedish meatballs, pickled beets was wonderful!

Now a the rest of the meatballs are for the whenever family dinner.
(2)

Using leftovers, so we had a fish taco and a tamale. Easy and yummy, the perfect combo. :-)
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter