Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
And corn chowder is nothing like creamed corn, at least not any corn chowder I've ever had. My recipe is very similar to a loaded potato soup with a corn bonus, it's one of the first recipes I ever learned to make.
(4)

Dry tasteless beef is usually too lean, I know it's supposed to be unhealthy but if you want juicy, flavourful meats you need the fat.
(1)

Send,

It sounds delicious! For some reason it didn’t get tender. Try hubby’s idea! Let us know if it worked.

It is disappointing when something doesn’t cook correctly. I always tell myself that even chefs in the best restaurants will have ‘off’ days. It comforts me about screwing up! LOL

It was the same as when I took a bad photo of someone. I would say to myself, ‘Oh well, professional photographers go through rolls and rolls of film to get that perfect shot.’

Now, we have digital cameras that I love! Or use our cameras on our phones. Really love that!
(1)

Thanks NHWM....
Yes, wine, cooked slow, added diced tomatoes. Roast was about 3 lbs.
Will try tomato paste tomorrow and more wine.

Dh said to use pineapple for a tenderizer.

It is just a whole lot of trouble.
(1)

Send,

That’s a long time. How many pounds of meat? Seems like it should have been tender after cooking for so long.

That cut has to cook slowly. I always use the roasting bags when I cook a roast in the oven.

The pressure cooker may help.

Did you add wine or a bit of tomato paste? They are both tenderizers.
(1)

Trouble with a rump roast.
I just did not want to cook it, so I cut it up into stew meat.
3+ hours later and it was still tough, served with broth and carrots.

Maybe a pressure cooker can help make it more tender.
Trouble.

What a waste.
(1)

My childhood trauma food was liver!

I thought that my dad was eating steak. So, I said, “Mom, I want steak like daddy.”

She put the meat on my plate. That was a sneaky way to get me to try liver!

It was the grossest 🤮 thing I have ever eaten.

It took me awhile to forgive my mother for tricking me.

My dad loved liver and onions. It smells delicious as it’s cooking but it tastes awful.
(1)

Love me some of mother's corn chowder.🌽
(3)

Corn chowder? Creamed corn. Is there a difference? On that list of traumatic childhood foods! BLECH!😝😝😵😵😨😨😖😖
(1)

Ham and eggs for the second night - breakfast for supper. Tonight I added mushrooms. Sil brought over some ham for me the other day all nicely sliced on a platter and I am enjoying it.
(3)

Bridget: Thank you.

Btw, my mother made corn chowder a lot. As a woman with low vision, it was something she could manage.
(1)

Corn chowder and biscuits
(1)

Yesterday on the Today Show there was a demo to make stuffed shells. It used rotisserie chicken, broccoli and ricotta. You can use spinach as well. It looked absolutely yummy and comforting. They always have their recipes on their webste.

https://www.today.com/food/what-cook-week-january-24-2023-t277562
(2)

LLama. use the Food Network recipe.
(3)

Bridget: Recipe? Sounds so good.
(1)

Hubs made stuffed shells,, yummy!!
(6)

Made chicken tortilla soup this afternoon
(4)

Had a nice Japanese Hotpot with spinach, green onion, peppers, mushrooms, and a bit of chicken
(3)

Stir fry of brown rice and veggies
(4)

Just put a couple of batches of ribs in the oven. One lot is just salt and pepper and one lot is salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper flakes. They'll be ready in about 3 hours at 275 degrees. Good thing I like cold ribs. I should have separated them when they were thawing and stuck half back in the freezer. I suppose I could freeze one batch when they are cooked through but not quite ready and then thaw, reheat/finish cooking.
(3)

ITRR,

Your friend sounds sweet. What a cool lady!

I took my mom for sushi one evening to see if she would like something different. She freaked out!

We sat at the sushi bar because I thought she might like seeing the sushi chef. What a dumb mistake! LOL 😆

My husband and daughters told me that she wouldn’t like it. I should have listened to them.

Mom ended up getting shrimp tempura.
(2)

Hospital food again. Baked chicken. asparagus, baked potato and angel food cake with blueberries.
(2)

I spent the day with my 91 year old friend and she wanted sushi for dinner, it was delicious, as was the seaweed salad.

She wanted to learn how to use chopsticks, so we had dinner and entertainment :-)

I needed a day with someone not trying to work me.
(8)

Chili-cheese burrito!
(4)

Bridget: Take care.
(1)

Hospital food. Vegetable soup and turkey sandwich and green jello.
(4)

made an egg bake added some spinach, potatoes, peppers, onions, and cheese. Simple and filling.
(4)

Rotisserie chicken, romaine heart and fresh raspberries.
(3)

I found a can of apple pie filling that I had bought to try dump cakes ...I found out I don't like dump cakes, lol.
so, I rolled out some dough and made hand pies.
(3)

Pizza and salad
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter