Follow
Read More
Avocado, imitation crab, lemon and beer.
(5)

Had the last of the salad, no dressing so combined mayonnaise and Chick-fil-A honey dipping sauce, the last bit of the feta cheese and a slice of Wawa lemon poundcake for dessert.

I’ve gotta food shop tomorrow.
(2)

Stone soup - I used to have that book! 🤣
(5)

Rousted turkey breast, potatoes and salad. Also "stone soup", ie, everything in the fridge--onions, mushrooms, dead salad, celery, truffle oil and chopped up leftover chicken.
(4)

@burnt -a crack slaw is ground meat browned then cole slaw mix added and cook till done. The meat can be beef, chicken, turkey or even pork. I add garlic, onion a little sesame oil, a little soy sauce, ginger sometimes. You can make your own variations. I tend to eat low carb so this works well for me.

cw - that sounds good.
(5)

I've become obsessed with a new dessert I discovered - chop an apple or two into bite sized chunks and toss with just enough cinnamon sugar to stick to the apples, then bake in a very hot convection oven or air fryer. The sugar coated apples become caramelized and are delicious as is, or you can add a dollop of cool whip or ice cream. Yum.
(8)

Bitter cold here. Made a pot of chili on the wood stove. Had a can of Diet Coke for my treat and ate a couple of crackers with my chili.
(5)

@golden

What is chicken crack slaw? I'm intrigued.
(1)

Vegetarian chili and baked potatoes.
(3)

Hoping Bridget is having something delicious for dinner. And blueberry pies for dessert.
(2)

Chicken and noodles.
Mom was afraid to eat because she didn't have any money :(
I told her that I had her covered she was thankful. But, she wants to leave because the people who own the house are coming back.
I told her I own the house....and I got a "sure, Jan" smile. lol
(7)

Took some veggie soup out of the freezer. Good on this cold windy day.
(6)

Made some chicken crack slaw and had some for supper. Froze most of the rest of it in meal size containers. So handy for a quick meal.

Put two frozen chicken carcasses in the electric pressure cooker with water as Stage 1 of making chicken soup. I'll make bone broth tomorrow then the soup.
(6)

Going out with a few friends for sushi tonight.
(4)

I had a coupon so I did McD's for lunch so in a effort to balance that out I made a big pot of vegetarian minestrone - it could be vegan if I don't shake on any parmesan.
(7)

Salad and cookies.
(4)

Cold boiled shrimp and salad
(4)

Salad and grilled tuna.
(1)

Hi Guys! I made flank steak with fried onions and mushrooms and melted cheese served with French bread and broccoli on the side. It’s my version of a Philly steak sandwich.
(7)

chili cheese burrito!
(4)

Bridget,

How nice!
(2)

Mexican is my lazy meal. I have my stepson bring me something from his Tex-Mex restaurant.
(4)

Yep! Too bad we aren’t all together on a beach in Mexico! 😊
(2)

Rotisserie chicken and bean quesadillas.

Looks like some of us are having Mexican food tonight.
(2)

We had chicken enchiladas.
(1)

Chicken burrito
(3)

I made an egg casserole. Great for using up the veggies I had, add some cheese...love it
(3)

We had a veggie pizza.
(4)

Turkey and bacon sandwich on whole wheat from Arby's.
(3)

Chili dog!
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter