Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Ugh my husband just had gum surgery but he had a hamburger and chewed on one side :)
(1)

Not much variety. My brother just had implants done. He is still on a soft diet. It’s hard for him because he’s a meat and potatoes kind of guy.
(2)

Broccoli cheese soup and salad.

Yes, it’s hot as hell here but I was craving my broccoli and cheese soup!
(1)

cw,

I have never had any wraps at Subway. I do like wrap sandwiches.

My mom liked the egg McMuffin sandwich once in awhile from McDonald’s.
(2)

Subway is offering $5 off rice bowls or rice wraps, but McD's discontinued salads during the pandemic and as far as I know none of the others have ever had them.
(2)

I am going to roast a chicken. I like having leftovers to create different dishes with later in the week.
(2)

cw,

What are the coupons for? Can you order salads or are coupons only for burgers?
(1)

Coupons coupons coupons in my mail today - subway, DQ, pizza hut, A&W, and McDonalds. Can I resist the junk food temptation?
(2)

I picked up a rotisserie chicken and three cobs of corn on my shopping expedition this morning, I anticipate YUM for dinner 😉
(6)

If you eat healthy, and then eat donuts for two days, followed by fritos chili cheese chips, you could maybe die. 🤪🍩 😐

I was thinking that I could do this.

The farmer's market had a really good peach on Wednesday. Felt good after eating that.
(5)

I have a bright red kettle that whistles. Sounds like a air raid siren when it really gets going. But it's cheerful looking.

Ana, I love having breakfast for dinner!
(3)

I have bacon about to expire. And so many eggs from my neighbour’s hens. Raspberries are ripe. So I’m making breakfast for dinner.
(3)

Red beans and rice.
(2)

Put on the kettle to boil!
My red stove top kettle is just for looks, sitting there on the stove top for decoration. It has a wide lid making it easier to clean if I do use it.

So, we both use the electric tea kettle several times daily. Love it, lasts forever!
It lights up blue and turns off when hot. (Just for water, no tea infuser.) About $39 years ago, it was a good investment. It was our second one, and the only reason we replaced it was the filter in the spout broke so it no longer held enough steam inside to turn itself off.

If we had enough room, I would like to have a fancy teapot with matching tea cups, but we don't have room. We no longer have company.
If we use just the basics, my electric tea kettle would be a part of just the basic necessities.

Good morning everyone! Have a better day and treat others with kindness.
🧑‍🍳
(5)

ITRR,

I agree that a coffee maker is a great way to get hot water quickly. I have done that before too.
(2)

Cw, I love my electric kettle. It boils water so fast, I use it when I am cleaning and need hot water.

However. I use a Bunn coffee maker and I always have 10 cups of hot water available. Pour how much water you need and catch the hot water as it comes out. Since I learned this trick my electric kettle is pretty lonely, unless I am cleaning. But, I highly recommend them.
(2)

I was curious about the kettle because I ran across a conversation about them and some people didn't even seem to know what they are, then when I checked some American store sites for kettles the results I got were all stove top kettles or expensive high tech ones.

My counter space is small so I've had my kettle stashed in the cupboard but of course then I use it less. But even if you never drink tea an electric kettle is such a great appliance for boiling water, studies show it's faster and more efficient than any other method - it's a great way to shave time off dinner prep if what you are making involves hot water - potatoes, pasta, steamed veg or whatever. Yesterday I used it to scald a handful of peaches because I don't like eating the skin.
(3)

Need: It is! Thank you.
(0)

Llama,

Sounds yummy! I love key lime pie, never had key lime cake.
(1)

Tastefully Simple (my friend sells these products) Perfectly Potato Cheddar Soup is what's for dinner with Tastefully Simple mini key lime cakes for dessert. You don't just open the package and eat.
(0)

cw: My mother had an argument (that I had to shut down) about a tea pot and a tea kettle. It wasn't pleasant.

No, I do not own a tea kettle as I very, very rarely drink hot tea.
(1)

Need: I don't drink iced tea as I drink Hint coconut water. But DH drinks a ton of it in 32 ounce cups. Glad that you enjoy your iced tea.
(2)

I have an old fashioned tea kettle for the stove.

I will tell you what I feel makes a lousy cup of tea, the keurig pods! Waste of money and they don’t taste good. The coffee pods are great but not the tea.

I like loose tea or tea bags.
(2)

Cwillie, we have an electric kettle, as does each child who lives there on their own. So many types of tea! With caffeine, decaf, herbal, spiced... Not for me - I prefer cold drinks. Calls of "Kettle's on!" frequently heard in our house.
(3)

I have an old-school tea kettle. My hubs and I drink orange pekoe tea with honey and lemon all winter long. I'm probably better hydrated in the winter than summer. I can't easily drink flat water, it has to be carbonated. Flat water gives me either indigestion or a stomach ache. It's always been that way for some reason. If I do drink flat water, it has to be room temp. My Mom's the same. I always marveled at how my hubs and sons could chug large volumes of ice water with their dinners. Cramps my Italian-American stomach just thinking about it...
(4)

I have a stovetop tea kettle. One daughter has an electric one that is great. We no longer drink coffee or tea daily. We do occasionally therefore I am fine with what we have but I do think electric ones are good and heat up very quickly.
(3)

An informal survey-

Do you own a tea kettle - I mean a device (electric but I'll accept stove top) that does nothing but boil water?
(2)

Llama.

That’s what I do. I sip iced tea all day long. I never drink coke or any other sodas.
(3)

Need: I make a gallon of cold brew iced tea routinely. DH has a huge cup of it all day and night - 32 ounce.
(2)

“mint leaves 🍃 to my tea”

That’s always so nice. And smells great.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter