Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
One of those Oriental Bar Massages where the person uses their feet to relax your muscles, balancing herself above you using the bars hanging down from the calling with a CD of relaxing Asian music in the background.

The neat thing that I love is at the end, they put a blanket over you and explain that in a moment your energy will come to the core of your body and then spread back out. Wow! It's like a re-birth experience!

This is a real and legal massage technique, but done best by Asians for they invented it and treat you with respect as they were taught by their culture.

I consider this the Platinum version of massage techniques. It accomplishes more than the deep tissue massage which is far more painful.
(6)

There is a new (newer) cycling sport for the elderly. A movement that is worldwide (international). Photos can be found on
#Cycling without age

With a bicycle rider on a bike behind a little rickshaw, these trishaw rides are even being used in AL to get the elderly out and about.
Many smiles as they sit in the 'trishaw', with the wind in their hair.

The uses are unlimited, and amazing. One is shown delivering groceries!

You gotta see this!
(2)

Those Trishaws are really neat Send!What a wonderful idea to help people get out and about.
My Grandmother had a big tricycle with a basket on the back that she used to take to the grocery store sometimes.The Trishaw reminds me of that and how much Grandma loved her bike.Thanks for sharing~
(2)

I hate to say this but that is the type of cycle that I was rolling my eyes about a couple of years ago when they got one at mom's facility. They do seem to be a fun ride for some people but they are hugely expensive, the driver needs to be an amazon and most of the residents either wanted nothing to do with it or were satisfied after one ride.
(1)

Thanks CWillie and Luckylu!

And, are they safe?
I wanted to buy a tricycle, but was told they tip over easily.

Maybe what I need is a recumbent bicycle, where you lie back to ride. Ten minutes in the sun and I would be done and cooked forever! 🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️🥵️

Maybe I could drive myself on a Harley, lol NOT.
(2)

Very nice cool day, mid 70's, yesterday's shift was mid 90's. Should sleep well tonight. I actually feel cold.
(4)

Moving our elder into Care Home, he likes Westerns....

Song for the move:

https://youtu.be/47W1pNC1QHw

"Movin, movin, movin
though they're disapprovin (other family)
Don't try to understand them (naysayers)
Just brand and rope and ride em (the movers)

LOL.
(3)

Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rawhide
Keep rollin', rollin', rollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them dogies rollin', rawhide
Through rain and wind and weather
Hell bent for leather
Wishin' my gal was by my side
All the things I'm missin'
Good vittles, love and kissin'
Are waiting at the end of my ride
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide
Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them dogies movin', rawhide
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope 'em, throw, and brand 'em
Soon we'll be livin' high and wide
My heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin'
Be waitin' at the end of my ride
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up, rawhide
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, cut 'em out
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in, rawhide
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rollin' rollin' rollin'
Rawhide
Rawhide
(4)

🤔🥵️😬🤨😒😞😔😂😅😟😟😅
(2)

Dad has a funny old record with someone singing, "I got a brand new razor. It was sharpened yesterday, and now we're gonna play this game my way! "
He hates my shaving him. Thankfully, he still has his sense of humor. Yesterday, I sang that old song while shaving him, and we had a good laugh together.
(2)

..🐦
(4)

Nature is awesome, even in the fire areas.
A pyrocumulus cloud grows in the Lake Fire near Castaic, view from Santa Clarita, CA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1Hk-ZY8uA4&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3Mxh5jBa_YG3niJ
(2)

Dots Pretzels from North Dakota
Spicy
Yum.

Received as a gift from Texas.
(2)

My books
My dog
My Highlander Platinum
My Man Cave
My being retired!
(2)

Notry? I hope the dog's not reading your list!

1. My dog
2. My dog
3. My dog
4. Bones
5. My dog...
(3)

Everything alpacas
Everything geography
Everything poetry
(3)

Somehow I've grown away from listening to music, possibly because I'm not driving much and listening to the radio and I think I also used to be exposed to a lot by the kids (yeah,they haven't been kids for a long time). Tonight I had a song running through my head so I pulled up one of my old playlists - oh yeah 😄
(3)

Since my friend who writes and plays piano music as well as sings sometimes makes more money when I listen to her music on Spotify, I play her and others' music in a folder that I have there. The music is so smooth that it does not distract me from whatever I'm doing on the computer at the time. She's told me that Spotify pays her more than Pandora for the same music.
(3)

I miss traveling freely so much - these are some of my favorite places:

Ketchikan, Seward, Homer, Anchor Point the westernmost point in the North American Highway System, Whittier, Portage Glacier, Mendenhall Glacier, Prince William Sound, Denali National Park, seeing an actual reindeer (yes, they are real - they are known as caribou), driving along Turnagain Arm considered to be one of the most beautiful stretches of highway in America - all in Alaska. Even flying into Anchorage was beautiful. A very majestic place to visit!

Glacier National Park in Montana, Estes Park in Colorado, Grand Canyon National Park at sunrise and sunset, Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah.

Victoria, BC, Butchart Gardens in Brentwood Bay, BC on Vancouver Island, Whidbey Island and Anacortes, Washington.

Ah, the beauty of nature!
(3)

Yes and I miss traveling too. Like going somewhere exciting for my anniversary; and going to my family reunion where I get to see my God-sister. She's now my responsibility since her Godfather, my dad, is dead.

I know my wife misses being able to travel to see her identical twin sister who I enjoy seeing also. At least, I can tell them apart.

I hope in December, our family will be able to travel to our already planned and booked vacation for Christmas week. I know we can't travel to get together for Thanksgiving, but the son who lives the nearest to us will come home for that.
(1)

"NoTryDoYoda,"

It's one of those things we probably all took for granted - the ability to just go wherever we want and by any mode of transportation. Between Sept 11th and now the COVID pandemic, it took the enjoyment out of it for my husband and I.

I know what you mean about going somewhere to celebrate an anniversary. My husband and I enjoyed going up to Sedona's Oak Creek Canyon to stay at a bed and breakfast where we spent our honeymoon nearly 23 years ago. It was owned by a husband and wife and there were four cabins; three of them two levels and the other one was a single level. Her husband made the cookies and muffins for breakfast and she did the decorating for all the seasons/holidays. It is very unique - they are only for 1-2 people, there are no tv's or phones. The idea is for it to be a place to relax away from the hustle and bustle of the city and our overly busy lives. They use to have real wood-burning fireplaces but now that they are both older, they replaced them with electric. They have all kinds of trees, plants, bird feeders and a big pond with fish and a turtle. No pets are allowed but, they always would say we could pet theirs! Great hospitality.

I'm sure now more than ever, you would love to go to a family reunion to see your God-sister - kind of hard for her to be your responsibility without seeing her. I'm sorry your wife isn't able to travel and see her identical twin sister and am so glad you've always been able to tell them apart - lol!

May your hope of being able to travel in December to your already planned and booked vacation during Christmas week be granted and if that can't happen at least your son who lives nearest to you will be with you and your wife for Thanksgiving.

Yes, times are a changing!
(2)

Beautiful music! I love a variety of music except for a few genres.

Since right now I need something that is calming and soothing, I am listening to a live stream on you tube called "Beautiful Relaxing Hymns, Peaceful Instrumental Music, 'Saturday Morning Sunrise' " by Tim Janis. He is a composer from Maine and created his channel as a place to visit, relax and find peace. He incorporates sounds of nature with flute, piano, harp and violin music. The scenery is so beautiful - oceans, meadows, waterfalls. flowers even some animals like horses, puppies, owls, butterflies and birds. Some of the scenes are a little out of focus or grainy but, overall it's very good.

When I'm a little down, I listen to a song my parent's used to listen to in their day (they were 40 years older than myself) which always lifts my spirits and mood - "The Blue Danube Waltz." Makes me feel like dancing!

The sheer power of music is truly amazing!!
(3)

Everything mountains
Everything irises
Everything Lilliput
(1)

Dark rich chocolate, banana splits ( in my dreams), homemade chocolate cream pie. Taking a long walk in nature, listening to classical music, spending a few days in the mountains, hiking, skiing, traveling, spending time with family are all my favorite things I used to do, and did often. Oh the good old days.
(2)

@ "earlybird,"

At first, I thought I wrote this - every word (except skiing - I'm not coordinated and value all my limbs but, I wish I could do that!)

Ahhh, yes - the good old days!!!

@ "Llamalover47,"

Love the mountains and irises too (don't know anything about Lilliput - actually never heard of it until now) :)
(3)

I love animals!

My favorite out in the wild is deer - they have such beautiful, big, dark eyes and are so graceful. I was fortunate to have one come within six feet from me while visiting up in Montana.

My favorite in the ocean are dolphins - they are extremely intelligent and playful. While in Cancun, I had a training session with a dolphin trainer and one of the dolphins she worked with. She taught me how and where to touch their skin and at the end she had me signal the dolphin to kiss me on the cheek. Awesome experience!

Others I love are sea otters, seals, porpoises, penguins, giraffes, kangaroos, monkeys - they are so fun to watch and many, many more.

Birds especially the cardinals - they really look like they have an attitude!, hummingbirds, doves, blue jays, finches, chickadees, kittiwakes, puffins, seagulls, sparrows...

And of course I love dogs and kittens...
(4)

NobodyGetsIt: Glad to hear that you also love mountains and irises. The Lilliput Troupe was actually an amazing group of people with achondroplasia, who survived Birkenau/Auschwitz.
(1)

"Llamalover47,"

Yes, I especially love watching programs about Mount Everest - I can't even imagine attempting to climb it! There truly are so many beautiful mountains around the world.

The purple irises are my favorite along with the pink and red.

Thank you for the mini history lesson about The Lilliput Troupe - I had no idea who they were but, just looked up the word "achondroplasia." They must have had quite a story behind their survival!
(1)

NobodyGetsIt: You're very welcome.
(1)

Being surrounded by flowers!

When I was young I really didn't think much about flowers until I went to Butchart Gardens in Brentwood Bay, British Columbia, Canada.

I've never seen such beauty all in one place. The different gardens along with the many different types of flowers was truly a sight to behold.

Here are just a few of my favorites: Orchids, poppies, peonies, irises, lilies, seeing large fields of super big sunflowers while traveling in the mid west, in the desert various species of cacti have some beautiful, bright and colorful blooms, poinsettias -

and of course roses...

"The more you love roses the more you must bear with thorns."
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter