Follow
Read More
Glad,

What do you mean by chocolate popcorn? What am I missing out on? I have never had that. Sounds interesting. Guess I have been too much of a purist concerning popcorn.
(1)

NHWM,
I have my own rules concerning popcorn.
It should be pure, not over-cooked, just the right amount of butter poured over it--or sometimes no butter (I am trying).

I can identify with being a purist. Just eating some popcorn at night watching
T.V. (on ROKU) can prevent us crying ourselves to sleep, if we can have seconds. I really consider popcorn a diet food, and a comfort food.

All other times, I avoid the smelly popcorns (avoiding corn), kettle corn not my fav.

Hope you are okay, not crying tonight. Isn't there a big game on this weekend?
I only noticed the market flyers savings for "Big Game" discounts. Who's playing?
(0)

Need, I don't know what glad considers chocolate popcorn but I melt chocolate and drizzle it over the popcorn that is popped in oil and salt.

Our personal favorite is dark chocolate and white chocolate, some of each, yummm!
(1)

Chocolate popcorn is a chocolate glaze like caramel corn. Not milk chocolate or dark chocolate. A hard candy type coating.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/09/how-to-make-chocolate-popcorn.html
(2)

Saw them pour the chocolate, on the popcorn! Yum!!!
(1)

Song:
God only knows what you've been through
God only knows what they say about you
God only knows how it's killing you
But there's a kind of love that God only knows
God only knows what you've been through
God only knows what they say about you
God only knows the real you
There's a kind of love that God only knows
(2)

in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little
lame balloonman

whistles far and wee

and eddieandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring

when the world is puddle-wonderful

the queer
old balloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing

from hop-scotch and jump-rope and

it's
spring
and

the

goat-footed

balloonMan whistles
far
and
wee

[in Just-] By E. E. Cummings
(2)

cwille,

Beautiful poem. I especially like Robert Frost. It made me think of his poem, A Prayer in Spring.

His poems about nature are lovely. His spirit of love speaks to me. I have read his poems since my childhood days.
(1)

You’ve Got A Friend
James Taylor, Carole King

When you're down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, nothing is going right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night
You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running, oh yeah baby, to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you've got to do is call
And I'll be there, ye, ye, ye
You've got a friend
If the sky above you
Should turn dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep you head together
And call my name out loud now
Soon you'll hear me knocking at you door
I'll come running, oh yes I will, to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall, ye
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there, ye, ye, yeah
Ain't it good to know that you've got a friend
When people can be so cold
They'll hurt you, and desert you
And take your soul if you let them, oh yeah, don't you let 'em now
I'll come running to see you again, oh baby, don't you know
Winter, spring, summer or fall
Hey now, all you have to do is call
And I'll be there, yes I will
You've got a friend
You've got a friend, yeah
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend
Oh, ye yeah, you've got a friend
(3)

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+You%27ve+got+a+friend+Carole+King&rlz

or:

"You've Got A Friend" by Carole King
Listen to Carole King: https://CaroleKing.lnk.to/listenYD
(2)

I think I still have the Tapestry album around here somewhere. I don't have any way to play it though.
(2)

Now you have YouTube!

I have never heard the song, "Tapestry".
But I liked the song "I feel the earth move".
(3)

Send, that song "You've Got a Friend" has a special meaning for me. I have probably told this story on here before but anyway.

I phoned my mom at the nursing home one day. She sounded not right. I was worried so I phoned her right back. I sang You've got a Friend to her. She said "I love you always" That turned out to be our last conversation ever. A half hour later I received a call that they found her unconscious. She never regained consciousness. This was in May 2015. She died a week later.

Fast forward to Christmas of that year. I was chatting with my niece. We were talking about my mom. She said "I always felt like grandma had a direct line to God" I said yeah, I know. Then I said I bet you her spirit is right here with us. Right after I said this I looked at the t.v. and "You've got a Friend" was playing on my sister's playlist. I really felt like that was a sign that she was.
(7)

Gershun,
Just saw your post from a few days ago.
Yes, your Mom was your friend!
What a beautiful song!
(1)

At the end of Easter Sunday, I had been listening to one of my favorite artist, Don Francisco.

So I will say goodnight, and leave you all with this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pw0L0gJGpo

Lyrics
Give Your Heart a Home

I hear your hollow laughter
Your sighs of secret pain
Pretending and inventing
Just to hide your shame
Plastic smiles and faces
Blinkin' back the tears
Empty friends and places
All magnify your fears

If you're tired and weary
Weak and heavy laden
I can understand how
It feels to be alone
I will take your burden
If you'll let Me love you
Wrap My arms around you
Give your heart a home

It hurts to watch you struggle
And try so hard to win
But trade your precious birth rite
For candy coated sin
Wasting priceless moments
Restless and confused
Building up defenses
For fear that you'll be used

Weak and heavy laden
I can understand how
It feels to be alone
I will take your burden
Wrap My arms around you
Give your heart a home

Take My yolk upon you
And walk here by My side
Let Me heal your heartaches
And dry the tears you've cried
Never will I leave you
Never turn away
Keep you through the darkness
Lead you through the day

Weak and heavy laden
I can understand how
It feels to be alone
I will take your burden
Wrap My arms around you
Give your heart a home
Wrap My arms around you
Give your heart a home
(1)

The thing I like about freedom is that we are free to defy the government orders because we have that right. But we also have the right to cooperate with the stay at home orders.
(4)

We can be dead right if we so choose.

Scary how many people are worried about their rights when people are dying for lack of a little common courtesy and care for our fellow human beings.
(7)

Tweety was up from his nap, and he zoomed past me. A pleasant hello.
I said, "Aw, I felt the wind from your wings on my legs!"

Hubs corrects me: "The wind beneath your wings".
Me: "Oh, there really is such a thing?"

He is laughing hysterically at me.

Another weird conversation ended before it's begun.

Ended with the thought unexpressed: 'The Wind Beneath Your Wings' may be a beautiful song, but it is aerodynamically incorrect.
(0)

Isthisreallyreal,
Yes, dead right. Some who were so concerned over their 'rights' have died.
The pastor defying government orders to express his right to practice religion has died.
The naysayer who, practicing his right of free speech, saying the Covid-19 is just a farce, it doesn't exist, has died of the virus.

Freedom was never meant to give stupidity free reign, imo.
(2)

Send: What a cute story about your Tweety!😁
(2)

Top movie lines are from the home videos of my family. I watch funny moments of my little ones and their grandparents over and over again. I'm really looking forward to making more family videos once we can start gathering again.

My second favorite movie lines come from Mr. Kelly :)

I'm singin' in the rain
Just singin' in the rain
What a glorious feeling
I'm happy again.
I'm laughing at clouds.
So dark up above,
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love.
Let the stormy clouds chase.
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singing,…
(2)

I am very glad today that my huge inner city hospital is returning to a new normal. We are turning Covid units ( some only in place for 3 weeks) back to regular ICUs and are reopening for surgeries.. we were expecting to be COVID for a lot longer! The tent hospitals are being mainly unused.. Horray!! We have less than 50 COVID pts on vents, and are doing well with extubations. Less than 200 admissions with COVID at this time.. Most that are testing positive are able to recover at home and doing well! Thank the Lord!
I got to see the "fly over" for a few seconds yesterday while I worked,, I am glad everyone is thankful for our efforts! The Blue Angels were awesome!
I had a great day of beautiful weather for my day off! I defrosted a freezer, washed some curtains.. today was a good day!
(11)

Good news indeed Pamzi!

Thank you for sharing the good news.
(1)

Pammzi,
My favorite news of the day.😊
(1)

pamzimmrrt: That is good and Thurmont is safer than counties nearer the bay.
(1)

Indeed it is Llama,, Thurmont has less than 50 cases from what I can see. Baltimore has pretty many, but they are mostly recovering at home, and Baltimore has pretty many hospitals ( was surprised at how many when I started working there 23 years ago!) Todays numbers from Hopkins say less than 100 currently admitted, and still less than 50 on vents! Not bad for an over 1000 bed hospital at full force! Most of our numbers in Frederick County are from 2 large NH situations, one had over 70 test positive! While I will be glad to see a "soft" reopening, I hope people keep their wits about them and still be very careful! I am blessed that I am still working ( and getting unwanted OT..LOL) but a lot of those in our area are hurting. You all stay safe!
(3)

Opps,, number error,, Thurmont has only 19 cases!! Luckily we are sort of small town still!
(2)

pam: Yes, sure hope people don't go "off the rails" upon reopening things. That is okay about the #s. Yes, that was sad about the NH up in your county, but I can imagine how it could occur. Yes, DH and I are safe. Please stay well with all the hours at Hopkins.💞
(3)

Desiderata
GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.
Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.
By Max Ehrmann © 1927
Original text
(3)

The smell of a campfire and the sound of waves breaking at dusk!
(7)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter