Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Llama,
I just printed out some verses to a song.
Totally innocent here.
I was going to ask you what is fig pudding?
but then you asked me for the recipe.

I am so confused, and now I am sure you all are from a different land,
way back when. Figs, wasps, inverted flowers...
And BTW, is a fig the same as a prune? They are looking kinda gross to start with!. (The prunes, I mean.)
Thanks for the lesson Glad.

Oh, gotta run now, just found my semi-sweet chocolate bar. Been missing for 3 days!

Madge, my first date was a Norwegian!

Pardon me, I think the free association bug has bit me.

"The hills are alive, with the sound of music!"
(1)

i recall those perverse fig bars that there seemed to be an abundance of when i was a kid . i never figured out if they were supposed to be a treat or a punishment .

briny hell .
(2)

Figs with wasps ranks right up there with trout with the heads still on.

It helps a bit that we do not eat the male figs, with the wasps.😫
(1)

I have to say my favorite things are animals and being surrounded by nature. I’m completely burned out on people and civilization. I swear to myself that when this is all over that I’m selling whatever I have and going off grid. Probably not realistic for a number of reasons, but the thought of it keeps me going.
(3)

Did anyone notice the statement about figs that I copied and pasted that stated fig is not a fruit, but an inverted flower, so the wasp.

Then that quote continues to call fig a fruit a couple of times. 😄
(3)

Lol, ha ha ha.
A fruit by any other name.

Is it a tomato?
(1)

Send: Because YOU called it figgy pudding so that'd what I thought it was - a pudding.
(1)

A relative in Slovakia just posted a "not-so-inviting" treat - Wasp cookies. Yuck! I'll pass on that as I could think of were the wasp nests that were invading out window panes! Not so inviting OR appetizing!
(0)

Smeshque: Now I do NOT like figs! Yucky! Super gross! Gag!
(1)

Still innocent here.
(1)

Llama...There's a bunch of recipes for Figgy pudding if you google it,all kinds~
(2)

lucky: You don't say.
Send: ROFL.
(1)

You all make me smile.

I quite enjoy how a subject can lead to interesting conversation and enlightenment,

Sorry Llama. Learning about lots of foods would make one not want to eat it again.

Lu is a brave lady. :)
(4)

I thought my entire life that song said "Piggy pudding" I always wondered what that could be, just a made up fun item and then I thought it must be some type of pork jelly.

I am cracking up right now.

Figs are so delicious, so I guess I am a wasp eater. Who would have thunkit? Not the piggy pudding.
(2)

A wasp is not a fruit, vegans cannot eat wasps.
(2)

I never seen a wasp in a fig tree... When I do find one, they are usually small, so I grab a few paper towels, spray it down a bit with bug spray, stuff it into my doggy poop bag, and grab the whole thing and making it sure it's secure in the bag, tie it off, and toss it in the trash can. The wasp poop is gone and Done..

no big deal. if you have more that you can't get to, that may be a different story
(1)

Fresh figs straight off the tree are good. Seedy, but good. sticky.
(3)

Prunes are dried plums. Fresh plums are great. Prunes and prune juice you associate with constipation. Plums taste as good as raisins, and they are good.

Figs come from fig trees with the big leafs that you see on greek male statues covering their personal space..

One restaurant had such statute in womens restroom. If you lift the leaf, an alam or bell would go off inside the main room.... It was pretty funny howmany times that alarm would sound. !!!
(4)

Fig newtons 😋
(3)

I'm not a fig or prune person, but I do like raisins, especially chocolate covered ones :)
(2)

Isthisreal- Piggy pudding, that cracked me up, LOL
(1)

Send, a vegan can not eat a wasp, but enough wasps could eat a vegan😶
(4)

Dried mango. Yes.
(1)

My favorite thing is to try and reduce blood pressure without b/p meds.
Here are 15 natural ways to combat high blood pressure.
Walk and exercise regularly.
Reduce your sodium intake. Salt intake is high around the world. ...
Drink less alcohol. ...
Eat more potassium-rich foods. ...
Cut back on caffeine. ...
Learn to manage stress. ...
Eat dark chocolate or cocoa. ...
Lose weight.
Quit Smoking.
Cut Sugars and refined carbs (like white flour).
Cut back on Sodas.
Eat berries, like blueberries. (Wild, frozen, organic in a smoothie).
Do Deep Breathing and meditation.
Eat Calcium rich foods (1 cup of rice milk contains 30% of daily requirements of calcium). And, does not bother gerd conditions.
Take natural supplements.
Eat foods rich in magnesium.
(3)

What a great list Send and one that I need~Thanks alot!
(2)

Panera Bread fuji apple chicken salad.
(3)

Panera Green Goddess salad here - with no onions
(2)

Romaine Lettuce is on recall.
No salad whatsoever on my Thanksgiving table.

I checked Kellse,
Panera's salad says fresh mixed greens. That is most likely a spring mix not including Romaine lettuce. That looks so very good! Yum.
(1)

A fig is not a fruit, it is an inverted flower.

Lol.
(1)

McDonald's has salads tonight.
Panera Bread did not sell salads with romaine lettuce.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter