Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Well, got out for coffee. Bad part, slid off the driveway. Good part, have four wheel drive. Bad part? Craving chili whenever it snows. Good part? Have four wheel drive so I can pick up chili fixins after coffee and gluten free egg pie for breakfast. Good part? The house will smell like chili later.
(5)

Lots of wind, a bit of snow. Watching the house across the street, they have left and come back probably five times today. They have four children. Happy that I no longer have children that I have to run hither and yon! I can just stay in.
(3)

We have awakened, and we are e v e r y w h e r e !
We are caregivers, helping other caregivers.
(5)

Keep about your work. Do not flinch because the lion roars. Do not stop to stone the devil’s dogs. Do not fool around your time chasing the devil’s rabbits. Do your work; let liars lie; let sectarians quarrel; let editors publish; let the devil do his worst. But see to it that nothing hinders you from fulfilling the work God has given you. He had not sent you to make money; He has not commanded you to get rich. He has never bidden you to defend your character nor has He bidden you to contradict falsehoods about yourself which Satan and his servants may start to peddle. If you do these things you will do nothing else; you will be at work for yourself and not for the Lord. Keep about your work. Let your aim be as steady as a star. Let the world brawl and bubble. You may be assaulted, wronged, insulted, slandered, wounded, and rejected. You may be chased by foes, abused by them, forsaken by friend, despised and rejected of men, but see to it that with steadfast determination and with unfaltering zeal you pursue that great purpose of your life and the object of your being until at last you can say; “I have finished the work which you, dear God, have given me to do?”
(6)

Sendhelp: Your post is just beautiful! Well done!💖💖💖
(3)

Thank you Llamalover.
I am trying to bring the forum back to a higher place where even though frustrated caregivers get angry, maybe hate their circumstances, there is much less criticism, attacks towards other caregivers for their opinions, and haters who just hate.

Maybe the word I am looking for is Decorum? :
Another word for decorum
decorum Synonyms
decorum
n.

etiquette, propriety, dignity, seemliness, correctness, decency, decorousness, deportment, gentility, protocol, good form, good behavior, good taste, mannerliness, respectability; see also behavior 1.

decorum implies politeness, formality, or even stiffness in rules of conduct or behavior established as suitable to the circumstances levity not in keeping with decorum; decency implies observance of the requirements of modesty, good taste, etc. have the decency to thank her; propriety suggests conformity with conventional standards of proper or correct behavior, manners, etc. his offensive language oversteps the bounds of propriety; dignity implies conduct in keeping with one's position or one's self-respect; etiquette refers to the forms established by convention or social arbiters for behavior in polite society.

Looking for a more polite society.
(4)

Music and sunshine. Good food and laughter with friends. Comedy!
(3)

Sendhelp: I hear you! Great job. I think that you're doing a fantastic job! Here is a poem for caregivers---
Rescue me, for an afternoon
or an hour, or a few minutes.
I no longer want someone
to come into my life
and take over all my problems
and become my hero
and the owner of my life.
I don’t want that.
I just need someone
to rescue me for a few minutes
so that I remember that it’s possible
for somebody besides me
to do some of the things I do.
So that I don’t feel
totally indispensable
to the life of someone else.
And if you would rescue me
for five minutes
and someone else would rescue me
for five minutes
then, if enough people rescued me,
I would have the strength
to rescue myself the rest of the time.
And I could be
my own hero.
 by Cynthia Rush
(5)

The wildflowers and especially California poppies are in bloom, and I am going to see them!
(4)

Super bloom in Anza Boreggo desert? Just gorgeous and can actually be seen from space. Doesn't happen often. Strange winter weather this year for so many.
(4)

Antelope Valley California Poppy Preserve, beautiful meadows of poppys and other wildflowers like lupines. It is a State Park.

Yes,we also had lots of rain.

Just beautiful!
(6)

Maybe some day in my future I will be able to drive to the ocean again that is only 45 minutes away, but for now, a glass of wine while looking through clothes catalog's is one of them.. lol
(5)

Vibrant spring flowers
(2)

Beautiful Favorite things, and lovely uplifting decorum!
(2)

Carnations, caffeine and chocolate (in no particular order)
(5)

New socks. I do not know what it is but I just love new socks.
(1)

Me too! And the more colorful or goofy the better. Maybe I picked it up from George. Maybe I even started before he did.👣👣👣👣
(3)

Walking along the trail and seeing sticky buds and tiny pussy willows starting to emerge. Feeling the warmth of the sun on my back.
(8)

Hugs, chocolate and laughter.
(4)

When the days are above freezing, and freeze at night, the sweetest maple sap runs in the trees, ready to be collected and made into one of my favorite syrups!  At the same time, my dog is running a lot outside, and at recess most of the kids run.  As a teacher with recess duty, I saw them just run back and forth with the new spring energy rising. No flowers yet, but mud is starting to show.
(1)

My great-nephew (11) is busily tapping sugar maples. When his latest haul was cooked down, he got a precious 1/2 cup of syrup. What a wonderful thing for a kid to keep busy with! I was weeding last weekend and found what I thought were woad plants. I processed some leaves to extract dye (think indigo blue) and was thrilled that it appears they are indeed woad. So my dyers garden has a bonus of volunteer woad plants. It's in the brassica family so I'm going to feed heavily.
(3)

I can remember my brother and I spending the day helping at our neighbour's sugar bush when I was about that age, all spiles and buckets and a wood fired open pan evaporator. I've noticed that now some stores will even sell you "maple water" 😂
(2)

Linda, never heard of wood so googled it.

Be careful and keep it under control as it invasive.
https://www.nps.gov/articles/dyers-woad.htm
(2)

Glad, last year, I cut the flower stalks from all plants but one well before they went to seed. I learned my lesson about invasive plants thanks to morning glory plants years ago.
(1)

I'm sitting here on the computer and listening to a cardinal sing outside (bird song is such a wonderful sign of spring) and I remembered something I'd like to share with you all -
Whether you are in the midst of winter doldrums or are stuck in a concrete jungle you can go to YouTube and search for the bird songs of all your favourites, it's especially fun when you open multiple tabs and get a whole chorus going😁
(10)

What a wonderful idea cwillie!  Thanks. YouTube it is.
(0)

The bird song videos are a good idea, and I will try to get hubs to play several at one time. I have heard the cardinal song.

I asked hubs if he ever took sap and made syrup when he was a child growing up on his grandmother's farm in Oregon.
He (knowingly) said, "Everyone KNOWS that the maple only grows in the Eastern states!"
After he FORGOT he had to work yesterday, after (knowingly) saying he had the day off, and I did not check.......

Well, I decided to stop believing everything he says. So I checked online....
"Although the well-known sugar maple only grows in the eastern U.S., a variety of Pacific Northwest trees are also potential sources of sap for making syrup. ... You see, any species of maple (as well as hickory, birch, alder, butternut, and black walnut trees) will produce sap which .."

I've got this! I am on it! I do not have a need to be always right, however, I cannot stand it when I am constantly MISINFORMED! Interferes how I have to choose to jump in the car and drive him at the last minute.

Guessing this should have been on the brat thread.

But it is a good thing that I am on to him.......
(2)

I remember my dad talking about making syrup from birch trees Send, I've always wondered how it tasted. And I know that other species of maples bleed in the spring if they've had a wound or a branch lopped off, it makes sense that any sap could potentially be boiled into some king of syrup.
(2)

Maple syrup is an expensive thing!
Hubs buys Blue Agave syrup, from a cactus, he says.
(1)

No kidding, it's selling locally for $18 a litre this year. I always try to get the late run syrup if I can, it's darker and stronger tasting so it goes farther.

If you've never had maple "butter" (no butter, just syrup processed to a spreadable consistency) you should try it if you can, when spread on an english muffin or crumpet your taste buds will do a happy dance.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter