Follow
Read More
Blazing Saddles...not my favorite movie at all but my dad is fond of quoting..."are we just pissing in the wind?" Always makes him laugh.
We always watched Chevy Chases's Christmas Vacation and I love it when he goes nuts and begins drinking the eggnog and goes into his tirade soliloquy about his boss.

i loved reading Garden Artists post. Favorite things, cats and kittens, baby's laughter, warm snuggly bed, hot bed from the oven with butter, a really good book, cup of tea with a scone with clotted cream and jam. Butterflies and birds. Stargazing, sunsets and sunrises. Things of nature.
(4)

I remember loving Blazing Saddles when I first watched it - (my goodness, it came out in 1974!) I think it was the (to the much younger me) shockingly over the top irreverence and satire that I had never encountered before. It has not stood the test of time.😂
(3)

A starry sky, retro TV, morning coffee, coffee ice cream with chocolate chips, going to interesting places when I can, a really good mystery, and my local library.....
(5)

happy thanksgiving to all
for thanksgiving my favorite thing is to lay around the house in my PJs all morning. than I put the turkey in and go back to laying around. I love and look forward to watching the March of the Wooden soldiers. (which i am doing right now..)
than I am looking forward to watching the movie An Affair to Remember. a really great movie.
my mom and dad passed away recently within a week or two apart. Dad and I used to sit together and watch
the movie. We both have seen it hundreds of times yet we both still cry at the ending. We would laugh at each other for crying.
My dad and Mom will be by my side all thru the movie.
I miss them so much.
than its turkey time........
(6)

Lizzy
happy thanksgiving

I love an affair to remember as well
Especially the scene of holding hands as they're going up the stairs on the ship
(1)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
(3)

MsMadge
my favorite part in the movie is when he figures out she cant walk.
"Oh darling if you can paint, than I can walk"
a real tear jerker.......
(2)

"The Zookeeper's Wife"
(0)

"Penny Serenade"
(0)

“Kingpin”
(0)

Currently, for this time of year, Platatonix. For the past 2 days, I've been binge watching YouTube videos of vocal and/or singing instructors, etc... initial discovery of Platatonix and their 'Reaction' to them. I try to stick to watching the professionals in the music industry for their 'critique'.

The MaProductions is my favorite so far. They're now a Platonix fan since last year. I laugh and cry over their reactions to each song. I google their name, hit the filter to chronological the upload dates and then watch from the beginning to the current. Fascinating and a very learning experience.
(1)

"You don't smell like Santa, you smell like beef and cheese". Lol Guess what movie?☺
(0)

Movie: Elf

"You smell like beef and cheese" "You don't smell like Santa".

Movie line by Will Farrell.
(1)

"The Zookeeper's Wife" is a wonderful true WWII book, which was also made into a film adaptation. I am reading the book,
(3)

Night time.
(3)

Making homemade caramel corn. On a cold evening. And sitting at the dining table having some with my Mom, listening to her stories. While DH munches on some walnut pie.
(6)

One of my favorite Christmas carols is: O HOLY NIGHT.
So many artists sing it, and one I like is Phil Wickham.
Lyrics, "f a l l. o n. y o u r. k n e e s. ...."
(3)

"Night at the Roxbury" movie and those 2 actors dancing to that song. LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!
(0)

TOP HAT,
dancing with
Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
A classic.
(1)

Smeshque,
There was something new @ traderjoes this year:
Popcorn covered in peppermint bark.
(1)

Peppermint bark covered popcorn, that is interesting. I wonder if it's good. Did you get some?
(2)

Everything is good from my favorite T.Joes.

Even better was STROOPWAFEL
A thin Dutch Caramel Waffle Cookie.

I collect the tins of various cookies. Not a collector type person, but I love the Swedish, Dutch, Norwegian patterns.

Cookies are ALL GONE.
(5)

I LOVE the cookies! Give me some good Danish cookies and I'm a happy camper. :)
(1)

Another thing that sounds good right now is some Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Yum!
(2)

"Mr Ambassador you are spoiling us..."

Ferrero Rocher make me sad. Through work, I got to know the company a bit. The quality control is outstandingly good and the products' ingredients are first rate.

What's sad is that their marketing and merchandising have been so crashingly terrible that their products have become exactly what you do not give to your friends unless either you are being wittily ironic or you do in fact intend to offend them.
(2)

Mmmmm....Trader's holiday goodies. And I love Ferraro Rochers too much to ever be offended by their marketing!!
(3)

Saltines dipped in chocolate half way.
Hot crab dip - one lb. Jumbo lump crabmeat, little milk, 2 blocks 8 oz. cream cheese, a little Old Bay spice in small crock pot - can be doubled - delicious!
(3)

LL, I will have to try making the crab dip. It sounds delicious!
(2)

Frazzled: It is! And if you live in Maryland, it's best to get MARYLAND crab meat. A double batch fits well to the top of a small crock pot.
(2)

I❤ Trader Joe's! Free coffee & fresh flowers!
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter