Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I've spent the morning clearing snow, 4 or 5 inches of light fluffy stuff is exactly what my little Snow Joe was made for. It was just enough activity to be exercise, but not enough to be work. It was cold enough that my cheeks are red, but not so cold that I'm feeling numb. I was enjoying myself so much that I cleared off the deck, made a path to the compost and then used the roof rake for good measure, I was reluctant to come inside. Does that make me weird?
(3)

Cwillie,
Makes you one with nature!
Have a Happy New Year, full of good exercise.
(1)

Cwillie,
Sounds like a bit of good therapy, but yes go inside get warm and have a cup of good cheer

Of course, if you'd like to come over and sort through all of mom's medical bills some of which I don't open just randomly move from the kitchen table to the living room - you're more than welcome!
(4)

MsMadge, if I had all the paperwork you Americans have to put up with I would run away. Seriously.
(3)

We actually use the boxes of paperwork for insulation, if and when it gets cold at night in So. Cal. Lol.

SS sent me so many 5-6 page letters since October, that I have no idea what my income will be this year.  But I have enough insulation if the heat pump goes out.
(4)

lol - cwillie, I am with you. I think snow shoveling is a good form of exercise! I want to clear the sidewalk but it is bitterly cold today and I'm not sure if I should risk frostbite or just wait.

Maybe just say inside and enjoy some cheese and crackers.:-)
(1)

MsMadge,
Get yourself a little relief with the bills.
Copy all your Mom's insurance cards, return them with the bill in each envelope.

This will confound the enemy, they will need to double check to confirm if both insurance companies have fully paid. Then they will check her Explanation of Benefits,
(OR send a copy of that too)! And often, the EOB says the maximum your Mom should owe. You will be helping the providers figure this all out for you.

Many will never send you a bill back. Others may adjust the bill accordingly.

KEEP COPIES if you want.

I know this is hard, and such a worry for you. This process will give you some much needed time to pay some bills. Then, you can always make payment arrangements, monthly.

How is that?
(3)

Below freezing temperatures throughout, prayers for those challenged to just keep warm. Stay smart!
(3)

I ordered myself some DVD movies today as a belated Xmas gift so I'll have something to look forward to each Saturday night during January
(5)

Eric Idle's 'Always look on the bright side of life.'
(1)

Thanks to Cwillie, I found this thread by going on the internet.
Thanks Cwillie!

agingcaredotcom/my favorite things
(0)

He Knows
Jeremy Camp
on youtube.....

All the bitter weary ways
Endless striving day by day
You barely have the strength to pray
In the valley low
And how hard your fight has been
How deep the pain within
Wounds that no one else has seen
Hurts too much to show
All the doubt you're standing in between
And all the weight that brings you to your knees
He knows
He knows
Every hurt and every sting
He has walked the suffering
He knows
He knows
Let your burdens come undone
Lift your eyes up to the one
Who knows
He knows
We may faint and we may sink
Feel the pain and near the brink
But the dark begins to shrink
When you find the one who knows
The chains of doubt that held you in between
One by one are starting to break free
He knows
He knows
Every hurt and every sting
He has walked the suffering
He knows
He knows
(3)

One of my favorite things is a very memorable day I carry in my heart and mind.
Mother Loved her soap opera,"Days of Our Lives".She always looked foreward to it and never missed her show.One day,while she was on Hospice,we decided to go to the Bookstore,Barnes and Noble and look around.On the way out there was a sign that said that "Doug and Julie" from Days of Our Lives would be there That night to do a book signing...We couldn't believe it and raced home to change our clothes and go back to the store and Mom saw her "Hero's" there right in front of her,talking about their book and taking any questions about the show.Mother Loved every minute and I Loved seeing Mom so happy.It was a night I will never forget,Mom went to sleep smiling~
(6)

LuckyLu, How great for your Mom. My Mom was a Young and the Restless fan. I always teased her about watching the "Old and the Boring"
(2)

Becky,....my brother's always joked with my Mom about her show too,especially about some of the silly scenes that happened on it from time to time.From the time I was in diaper's ,she watched her show,over 40 years atleast.It was her"Thing".
(3)

My favorite yogurt recently changed the packaging on its containers
Now I notice a chemical smell coming back off it - eewww

Decided to call the toll free number to the company and asked if they had any other complaints?

Yes, she said- too much resin on the matte labels and should be fixed in a couple of weeks - she'll be sending me some coupons in the mail

I'm glad that they're stepping up quickly to correct the issue - I eat a container every morning and would not like to change brands over a label
(3)

Dear luckylu,

That is beautiful story about your mom. I remember watching the soaps when I came home from high school. My friend loved Days of our Lives. I got hooked on General Hospital and the love triangle between Jax, Brenda and Sonny.:-)

Dear MsMadge,

So glad they are fixing your favorite yogurt. Scary about the label but I'm glad you called about it.

My favorite thing is my baby niece. She is 17 months old already singing her ABCs and getting a tall enough to grab onto the counters and tables.
(2)

cdnreader....My Grandmother was hooked on General Hospital till the day she died. She Loved that show like Mom Loved her "Days". I forgot to add that the night we were lucky enough to see "Doug and Julie",Mother took along her "Marlana" doll and they signed it for Mom and she kept it right beside her liftchair for Days....
I can't believe your niece is already almost a year and a half old.It seems like it was just yesterday,she came.She 's a cutie,I can tell.I bet you'll spoil her rotten! :)
(1)

Dear Luckylu,

Thank you so much my friend. My niece was born two months before my dad passed away. It is hard to believe the times has gone so quickly. If I am still on this board, maybe one day I will say she is starting first grade.:-) I do love her to bits. And enjoying buying her many things.:-) Too much according to her mother.

Thank you for sharing with me about your grandmother's love for General Hospital. I am happy to hear that Doug and Julie signed your mother's Marlana doll. I'm glad when celebrities are really nice in real life and care about their fans.

Thank you for your kindness to me Luckylu. I greatly appreciate it.
(2)

There are several new neices, nephews, grandchildren born and I would love to hear more about them from the happy grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.
After the birthdate, we rarely hear more.....
(1)

I got this email this week....

"N***** is 5 months today.

- He can roll over
- he can touch his toes
- he likes his exersaucer
- he laughs a lot (he thinks dad is pretty funny)
- he tried the jolly jumper for the first time (although he was pretty tired so we'll have to try it again)
- he's eaten oatmeal a few times (his first food)
- he loves to bounce and move
- he can sit and stand by himself for a few seconds before he falls over
- he's determined to crawl but he's pretty top heavy so not much success yet
- he loves to be sung "patty cake" and "zoom zoom zoom, we're going to the moon"
- he sleeps 10 hours/night
- he weighed in at 20 lbs yesterday"

I got pictures too... 😁
(5)

While I like the Patriots, Tom Brady is a class act, I am very happy someone other than the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl! First time for the Eagles to win! Congrats to any Eagle fans! It was a great game!
(4)

For some reason I found myself listening to Janis Joplin this morning. All that angst seems to jibe with caregiving, can't you just imagine what she might have sounded like singing about aging care and dementia?
(3)

Oh, oh, Break it,
Take another little piece of my heart
(3)

Ditto glad
(3)

Thanks Send. I love to talk about niece. She is one and half and going to daycare now. She is learning a new word every day and can even sing a little bit of the ABCs.
(3)

E is starting to be assertive in a cute way. He brought every blanket he could find to cover his mom ( my Dd). Then he started bringing every toy he could find. Dd told him thank you but I don’t need the toys, please put them back in the toy box. E then took the toys to his daddy, he told his daddy, don’t say no daddy, don’t say no!

L is quiet the explorer and wants to be involved in everything you are doing. I sit him on the counter so he can stir food that is cooking. Of course I watch him closely and he knows what “hot” means. He actually does pretty good.
(4)

Here it is! https://www.benjerry.com/
(0)

Easter celebrations this time of year.
(1)

Little green sprouts anxious to get out above the soil and up into the sunshine.

The first crocuses in bloom.

The fragrance of Easter plants in stores.

Gardening catalogues brightening the mailbox contents, especially the ones with great buys.
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter