Follow
Read More
Too early for Spies yet, they are a Fall apple. My absolute favourite is mutsu (crispin), also a late apple. I regret that I can't find any summer apples anymore, there is nothing like applesauce made from those first yellow harvest apples, or using them in a dutch apple pie. Of course since I am living on my own I don't make pies at all any more. My mom made wonderful pies, not at all like the double crusted ones you buy in the supermarket but lovely open top or lattice pies with fruit and custard: peach, cherry, rhubarb, plum, apple. Yum!
(1)

My favorite apple now is Honey Crisp.
Visiting Apple orchards and farms sounds lovely.
Hubs, I said, "Can we find an Apple Event nearby and go?

Hubs said, "There was an Apple Event on Tuesday". (Silicone Valley style.) Announcing the new I-phone.

Guess my speed is trader joes in their electric cart today.
(5)

Garden Artist!
You missed the moving?
I will let all those with recent new home purchases tell you!

Can't we order apples online from people like harriet and davide?
(0)

Apples, pumpkins and autumn! I did see online the apple shed sells 1/4 bushels (18) apples you can mix varieties for $21.

Yes GA, we moved from California to Idaho in late June. I will have to look for some places here with apples.

Wreaths are a welcome sign of autumn! I love the mini pumpkins orange and white. We have a rustic red truck I will fill the back up with about 4 of the mini pumpkins and they last a long time indoors. Dollar tree has styrofoam pumpkins you could easily use on a wreath.
(0)

Staying up late to see if the disturbance last night was really a racoon, 2-3 racoons, or something else. When the motion detector goes on at 3:30 a.m., I will see.   zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

My f a v o r i t e thing: Received jitterbug phone, my phone, all mine, and what a relief to take a step away towards greater independence!
Appreciated more for what it does not have! No voicemail, no texting, not signed up for 5 Star, it just has big numbers, and only 3 people have the phone number!
Hubs is rolling his eyes, laughing, pouting because I didn't let him set it up or use texting.
(4)

Did you see raccoons?? Inquiring minds want to know, lol!!
(1)

Nothing set off the motion detector last night, but there was a cute bunny hopping around down the street. I have got to get out more and have a life!
(6)

Pandora
Free music from nearly any genre you can imagine
(2)

Pandora on my Roku box.
Best ever!
(2)

A picture of my one year niece looking like the Michelin Tire man.:-) And seeing my nephew enjoy being at a trampoline park.
(2)

One of my favorite things is going for a walk with my dog and finding things like flowers,different grasses,tiny green peppers,pretty leaves,things that grow on trees,twigs and such and then we bring our collection inside and give it to the kittens and they just Love it,every little thing is neat to them.
(6)

A favorite thing of mine is a cool rain, listening to the wind in the trees. Watching the lightening off in the distance just makes me want to wrap up in a soft warm blanket and read.
(4)

The sun has gone to bed and so must I
(3)

Love Trader Joe's, too. Love fall food (homemade, legit) but not so keen on the season itself. The mercurial weather works my last nerve; and each day is one step closer to winter. BLECH.

Also aggravated beyond belief at scarecrow-and-pumpkin-spice everything dominating the stores in mid-to-late August. Big retail and consumer craziness is polluting things that many of us (try to) enjoy on a reasonable timetable.

But back to favorite things! My gal pals are the best. So many different personalities and conversation styles. I treasure them all. They seem pretty keen on me, too! Such a blessing. 
(3)

Feeling of crisp fall air. Sometime after a hot summer, it's nice to feel that coolness.
(1)

A new T.V. show has the characteristics and behaviors of an adult person with autism down pretty closely.
"The Good Doctor" started Monday. A young doctor with autism and savant syndrome.
Created by the producers of House, M.D.

Somehow, I feel validated...
He leaves an emergency TO GO FIND THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB.
CANNOT FOLLOW THE RULES and does not forsee trouble coming when asking security for a knife, then taking the knife........FORCEFULLY PUSHING THROUGH.....IN AN AIRPORT.

He is ALWAYS GOING TO BE LATE for something...his job interview at the hospital.

But then, HOW CAN YOU STAY ANGRY at him for stopping to save a life?

In the interview, takes a "very loooong time to formulate his answer."

It may become a favorite.
(3)

Loving my coffee this morning. ☕️
(4)

Just got back from a week with famiy and mom and Aunt yesterday. Today I was loving getting out to run errands by myself for 3 hours! Yippee!!
(5)

Shout to t h e Lord
Darlene Zchech
My Jesus, my Savior
Lord, there is none like You
All of my days, I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love
My comfort, my shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You
Shout to the Lord, all the earth, let us sing
Power and majesty, praise to the King
Mountains bow down and the seas will roar
At the sound of Your name
I sing for joy at the work of Your hands
Forever I'll love You, forever I'll stand
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You
My Jesus, my Savior
Lord, there is none like You
All of my days, I want to praise
The wonders of Your mighty love
My comfort, my shelter
Tower of refuge and strength
Let every breath, all that I am
Never cease to worship You
Nothing compares to the promise I have
(2)

Watching my one year old niece say hi and bye! And her laugh! She laughs like Ernie from the Sesame Street.
(1)

Its Thanksgiving long weekend here in Canada! I love the fall colors and getting a chance to have a turkey dinner tonight with family.
(1)

CDN,

Happy Thanksgiving!
(1)

Hope you had a really nice Thanksgiving cdnreader...
(1)

When I was a kid and was being punished for my behavior,my parents sent me to my room,but it never bothered me because I had a trunk filled with my favorite books.One of my favorite books was called "Amanda Remembers" and it was about a girl,who's Mother had thrown away her favorite toys.A doll and a bear and she remembers all these fun times she had with them and at the end,her Dad finds them in a dumpster and returns them to her.I Loved that book so much and reading kept me quiet and out of more trouble.
(4)

"You raise me up" song lyrics

When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me
(2)

Haagen Dazs is on sale for only $3.99!
(2)

That is great, Cwillie!
Holding out for the 2 for $5.00 sale.
Budget price is max. $2.99 each in my house.
Sometimes, I pay more, but even for HDz,  I have principles!
It is really good ice cream, imo.

It is Friday the 13th, who's got some really good mild coffee?  And, why am I awake again at 4 a.m.
Where did I put my broom?
Oh, I remember.....left it in the garden....when I could still walk okay yesterday.
When deciding to keep the chiropractor appointment, is there a point at which one doesn't go because of pain? 
My knuckles are kinda white.
(2)

The treatment shouldn't be causing you pain, certainly not white knuckle pain, what does the chiropractor say? Are you still seeing some benefit from it? Perhaps you should explore some deep muscle massage or acupuncture for a change.

2/$5 is unbelievable for Haagen Dazs, even considering the exchange rate, this is the lowest I've seen advertised in years.
(1)

Cwillie,
The pain is from over-exerting in the garden yesterday. My own behaving badly!
Sometimes, it is just downright dangerous for me to feel better. The sun was out, a beautiful day!
The chiro is helping, as well as the myofascial release (massage) from the PT. Also, getting ultrasound and electrical stimulation. I am now walking in the markets sometimes, and standing long enough to finish the dishes without help. My chiropractor is proud of me, he says. And, I can make the bed!

You are so kind to take an interest in my minor travails and limitations.
I appreciate all my friends on here!

(4)

Dear Lord, Thank you for standing by me so far today. With your help, I haven't been grumpy, judgemental, or even lost my temper.
But, I will be getting out of bed soon, and I'll really be needing your help even more.
Thank you Lord.
(6)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter