Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
dear reader.
"Are you happy here with us?"
"Well, yes, I am, and thank you for saving my life."
"You're welcome"
(0)

Alright, your time is up! Movie line from Beauty and the Beast.

"Alright, Mickey’s a mouse, Donald’s a duck, Pluto’s a dog. What’s Goofy?"
Stand By Me (1986)
(0)

Oh by the way, Send, last day of your Birthday month so Happy Birthday!
(1)

Thank you Gershun! Just had my ice cream dollop in a berry and banana smoothie!
(1)

Hubs and I had an oldies but goodies dance yesterday. One song impressed me as sentiments to console those who have lost a loved one, and still missing them dearly. Here is the song, dedicated to my friends Gershun and Luckylu.....
Till Then
The Mills Brothers
(doo-doo-doom) (doo-doo-doom) (doo-doo-doom)
(rep-reddah-rep)
(doo-doo-doom) (doo-doo-doom) (doo-doo-doom)
(rep-reddah-rep)
Till then, my darling, please wait for me
Till then, no matter when it may be
One day I know I'll be home again
Please wait (till) till then
Our dreams will live though we are apart
Our love will always stay in our hearts
Till then, when of the world will be free
Please wait for me
Although there are oceans we must cross and mountains that we must climb
I know every gain must have a loss, so pray that our loss is nothing but time
Till then, we'll dream of what there will be
Till then, we'll call on each memory
Till then, when I will hold you again
Please wait till then (ooh)
Songwriters: EDWARD EDDIE SEILER, GUY B. WOOD, SOL MARCUS
(2)

Thank You for all your kindness Send...You are one in a million!
(1)

Happy belated Birthday Send!!! Thank you for the Disney quotes.
(1)

Send

March was your birthday month?

31 days of cake and ice cream !

Happy belated, dear friend
(2)

Yeah, MsMadge, 31 days of it! That's why I chose that month to squiggle out of my mother's womb. She lied to me, said I was born on good friday (that's today this year). But I met someone whose birthday was on good friday in that same year, so mother was wrong. It was not the only time.
The cake, the ice cream, the candy, was all so good! Had to freeze a cake, couldn't eat it.

Oops, break is over-taxes, taxes, taxes. love love love doing my taxes. (our taxes).

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Ms. Madge!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.!  
(2)

One of my favorite Easter Sunday traditions was when my Uncle bar-be-qued a whole leg of lamb, basted it with mustard, took all day.
(3)

I promised mom that I'd make deviled eggs for Easter

Anyone have a secret recipe - no sirracha mayo please
(1)

Found my eggs on the internet, MsMadge. Cyber eggs.

Stopping by your favorite store, they come prepared now, very nice party trays.

Luckylu makes deviled eggs though. She told me, but did not share the recipe.
(0)

After fiddling with various recipes I've realized I like my devilled eggs plain and simple - miracle whip type salad dressing, mustard (not too much), salt and pepper. Maybe a little onion powder. Mix it all up in a sturdy plastic bag, then snip off a corner and pipe onto the whites, no messy clean up. Sprinkle with paprika or your favorite herbs.
(2)

Hi MsMadge, I have to bring the deviled eggs tomarrow too but I don't follow a recipe.I make 'em like cwillie except she has a great idea about putting the mix in a sturdy bag and snipping off the corner to fill the eggs.But this is how I was taught to make the eggs
Ist,Boil the amount of eggs you want.For 24,boil 12 eggs.
Then scoop out all the yolks into a mixing bowl.
Then add mayonese.I use Hellmans.About half to three fourths cup full depending on how much yolk stuff you have.Then I add alittle mustard.You can always add more but easy does it on the mustard at first.Then whip it in the mixing bowl all together and Taste until it tastes liikke you like or it's right.
Then I usually use a teaspoon and I fill each egg(but I like cwillie's way).Then sprinkle with a little paprika and top with a green olive.And That's it.How I make 'em.
Good Luck on yours.I'll be thinking about you....Lu
(2)

I've found I can make deviled eggs the day before...I put the yolk mixture in a ziplock like cwillie does. The halves of the egg whites have moisture so you put paper towel in the storage container, then put the halves upside down in a single layer on the paper towel and cover the container. The next day, the excess moisture is in the paper towel, the whites are fine and you can just fill them with yolk mixture.
(3)

Hubs and I gotta eat! So skipping the deviled eggs, eating the hard boiled eggs while they are still hot.
Oops,  editing here, dH was timing the eggs.....soft boiled....add a minute and microwave the little suckers.  Bleck!
(0)

Sail on Silvergirl
Sail on by
Your time has come to shine
All your dreams are on their way
See how they shine

If you need a friend
I'm sailing right behind
Like a bridge over troubled water
I will ease your mind.....
(0)

Josh Groban

"You Raise Me Up"

When I am down and, oh, my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up to more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

(2)

Lu,

Nearly the same recipe here - hellmans is best foods out west and we add a little sweet pickle too

Mom isn't a fan of paprika so pimento instead and olives

Happy Easter
(2)

Thanks for that clarification about the Mayo! I was thinking that Luckylu knew of a better mayonnaise than "Best Foods". ha ha.
(2)

Miracle Whip is good too Send but not for deviled eggs .
Do you ever put Durkey's on Turkey?
(1)

Not often, Lu, but Durkees is the best! I prefer plain mayo on my specialty turkey sandwiches, but would like Durkees too. It makes a great sauce for chicken, mixed with a little cranberry sauce.
Some people love Miracle Whip. My great aunt used to use it for potato salad, her speciality.
(1)

My parents were Miracle Whip fans, and I grew up eating it, too. Once I moved to the south, I was introduced to real mayo, and have been eating it ever since. Now when I try to eat Miracle Whip, I find it sickeningly sweet. I'm also trying to limit sugar in my diet, so the MW is out. My favorite mayo is Duke's, which is a southern product. When I moved back to Michigan, Duke's wasn't widely available up here, so when I would make trips to the south, I'd pick up several jars and spirit them across state lines back here with me. LOL I know it wasn't illegal or anything, but it sure felt shady.
(2)

Ham today. Bean soup tomorrow. :-)

Beans are soaking already, and I'll get them into the pot with the remainder of the ham & bone tomorrow to cook all day. DD is happy - she loves the stuff. I'll eat a little of it and freeze the rest, and she can take it with her when she moves. It's not exactly low-carb friendly. I love it, but don't need to go haywire with it. She wasn't too happy to find out I had sent most of the high-carb leftovers home with my brother. LOL
(3)

Mom enjoyed her deviled eggs and her caregiver said yum huevos Diablo to which I replied yes for la Diabla
(7)

Awesome!
youtube video: "The most satisfying video"
(0)

For Jeannegibbs: the cake maker
"The most oddly satisfying video! " youtube.
(1)

Interesting article in the New York Times online about a female WWII hero who passed away at 101 recently
(1)

Looking at my baby niece wearing her big floppy hat and sitting on her beach blanket. She is the cutest baby ever.:-) I'm horribly biased.
(2)

We are real mayo people. I went through a phase around age 12 where I used MW, switched back after a year. We have Best Foods mayo/hellmans same thing.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter