Follow
Read More
Remember the improv show Whose Line Is It Anyway? I just got done watching some funny segments on youtube. ROFL, I had forgotten how funny they all were!!
(3)

I remember that show, I hope. Was it hosted by Drew Carey? I'm glad it gave you a good laugh. Tonight I'm searching for a teddy bear for my baby niece. I love the Gund bears, so hopefully I can find the right one for her.
(1)

Gund Bears are great - I got one for mom's roomie and it talks - says I love you baby
Roomie loved it and lit up when she saw her teddy
(1)

Yes, "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" was hosted in the US by Drew Carey - it was spinoff of a UK version of the same show, but I think the US version was better.

Want a laugh that will keep you going for a while? Look up the episode with Richard Simmons. I almost fall off my chair laughing at that one every time I see it - and I've watched it SO many times. It's good for what ails you.
(1)

I remember this movie:
Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood

I think I enjoyed it.
(1)

A Poem to carry you through the difficult times..
One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
(4)

I love that poem Send! It is one of my favorites.

It reminds me of that joke about the man stranded on a desert island. He prays to the Lord for help. A little time goes by and then:

Along comes a big yacht. He turns it away and says thats okay. My Lord will help me.
Then along comes a helicopter. Same thing, No, my Lord will provide.
This scenario happens a few times. Finally, in anguish, the man cries, Lord, you said you would help me. Where are you, my Lord?
All of a sudden he hears this big booming voice. "What do you mean? I sent a yacht, and a helicopter etc. etc. "
(3)

Dear Sendhelp and Gershun,

Thank you for the poem and joke. I needed that tonight. I'm still tearful tonight, so I needed this thread to cheer me up.

I think my contribution for favorite things is a simple chocolate sundae with peanuts from Dairy Queen. Its one of my favorites. And reading or watching a good romantic comedy.
(1)

Haagen Daz pomegranate ice cream dipped in dark chocolate. Mmm! Found at wally world, haven't seen them since Xmas 2015.
(2)

gladimhere, those ice cream bars sound delicious. One of my favorites is very similar is raspberry ice cream dipped in dark chocolate! And another favorite flavor ice cream is lemon!
(1)

I really Love pistachios and grapefruit and lifesavers wintergreen mints.Those are some of my favorite snacks.
(2)

Mmm love pistachios and altoids wintergreen and cinnamon.
(1)

The poet Naomi Nye says,

Before you know what kindness really is

you must lose things,

feel the future dissolve in a moment

like salt in a weakened broth.

What you held in your hand,

what you counted and carefully saved,

all this must go so you know

how desolate the landscape can be

between the regions of kindness.[3]
(3)

Naomi Nye says it well Send.Thank you for sharing it-
(2)

One of my favorite things...cheese crisps.

Low-carb, crunchy and salty - satisfies that munchie need.

Use cracker cut slices of cheese or slice your own, but they need to be uniform slices about 2" x 2" square and less than 1/4" thick. The pre-made cracker cuts you buy in the store are perfect for this, even though they're a little on the pricey side. Cheddar, swiss, pepper jack - all work well for this. You can even use the deluxe American cheese (but not the stuff in the individual plastic wrappers - must be the deluxe or it just burns).
Lay them out on parchment paper on a baking sheet, about 1-2" apart so they don't melt together. Bake at 375* until they stop bubbling. It's ok for them to be slightly brown, but you don't want them to be burnt. If the middle is at all soft or soggy, they're not done. When done, they'll be completely crisp all the way through. Store in an airtight container or ziploc bag at room temperature or in the fridge - your choice.

Careful...they're addictive!
(3)

Thank you so much for the wonderful recipe Susan...I can't wait to try them. Anything hot and cheesy has got to be tasty.
(1)

Mom used to make the best cheese puffs when she and Dad had their cocktail parties.They called for those tiny jars of Old English cheese and bacon bits.
Every blue moon I make 'em,but it's very expensive.
(1)

One of my very favorite things is The Phantom of The Opera.I love every note of every song.It was so wonderful to see it performed in Las Vegas.I never wanted it to end.
(4)

Corned beef and cabbage on St Patty's Day
(1)

Eggs, bacon, and fadge (Irish potato cakes), yummy!!
(2)

I am with you luckylu. We saw Phantom in Vegas too and a few times locally.
Love every song in Phantom and LesMis and see them every chance I get.
(1)

Caregiver2020...Do you remember the statues of the people up above in that theater? I thought they were real all the way through it.Did you sit under the chandelier?Wasn't that something!
(2)

THE EASTER EGG HUNT...
In time for Easter, calling all interested caregivers!
From the convenience of your home, search out the best EASTER EGG
AVATAR! Post it. Chocolate eggs, huge eggs, baskets of eggs, chocolate bunnies too---Let's see it here.....or on Easter April 16th.
That was my mother's birthday.
What is your tradition now, and how is that different from years past, or when you grew up? Used to be a favorite tradition......
(3)

I gave up chocolate for Lent, you guys are killing me!!!!
(4)

Oh, so sorry Cwillie...I could have lent you some of my chocolates......
(1)

I'm not enjoying this howling wind tonight 💨
(2)

MsMadge, here in central Cali, we are having winds too. Allergeries in full force.

An adult Easter egg hunt is great fun. We did it one year using the plastic eggs filled with candies. Avatars with Easter eggs all different varieties sounds fun!!!
(3)

Here is my eggy avatar!
(1)

That's a great avatar Sendhelp! Thank you for getting all us into the Easter spirit! I need a bit of cheer tonight. I'm looking forward to seeing Beauty and the Beast this weekend. And I'm hoping to see the stage presentation of Rodgers and Hammerstein production of Cinderella too.
(1)

MsMadge,
"I'm not enjoying this howling wind tonight"
Is that from a movie line?
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter