Follow
Read More
"It's Not Over Yet"
They are inside your head You got a voice that says You won't get past this one You won't win your freedom
It's like a constant war And you want to settle that score But you're bruised and beaten And you feel defeated
This goes out to the heaviest heart
[Chorus:] Oh, to everyone who's hit their limit It's not over yet It's not over ye-et And even when you think you're finished It's not over yet It's not over ye-et

Keep on fighting Out of the dark Into the light It's not over Hope is rising Never give in Never give up It's not over yet

Oh, game set match It's time to put it in your past, oh Feel the winter leavin' It's redemption season Long live the young at heart (Here we are) Cheers to a brand new start (Here we are) We're revived and breathing To live a life of freedom
[Chorus:] Oh, to everyone who's hit their limit It's not over yet It's not over ye-et And even when you think you're finished It's not over yet It's not over ye-et

Life is a race we run So run till the race is won Don't you ever give up (Here we are) Oh no never give up (Here we are) Life is a race we run So run till the race is won Don't you ever give up (Here we are) We will never give up (Here we are)

Keep on fighting Out of the dark Into the light It's not over Hope is rising Never give in Never give up It's not over YET.
For King & Country It's not over Yet song on youtube
(3)

My favorite: The first Day of Spring!
(1)

Hi Glad!
On the First day of Christmas my true love sent to me
a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

On the Second day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

On the Third day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Three French Hens,[3]
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

Subsequent verses follow the same pattern, each adding one new gift and repeating all the earlier gifts, so that each verse is one line longer than its predecessor:

4 Calling Birds
5 Gold Rings
6 Geese a-Laying
7 Swans a-Swimming
8 Maids a-Milking
9 Ladies Dancing
10 Lords a-Leaping
11 Pipers Piping
12 Drummers Drumming
(0)

Yes, Send, just being goofy.
(2)

Good night Glad!
Goodnight Gershun!
(1)

Aw Gershun....you must have felt so badly for that poor dog.

I dated a man once that had a dog that I just loved. I got angry with him (the man, not the dog) because he was laughing and telling me why the dog hides under the porch all the time - because he has beaten it so many times for jumping on people, now it's afraid to come out. Then he regaled me with the tale of how the dog used to run out onto his paintball field (behind his house) and he would let his buddies take potshots at her with their paintball guns and pellet guns - so again, she runs and hides under the porch when cars pull in, because she's afraid she's going to get shot. The dog would come out and just cling to me and look up at me with eyes that said, "Please get me out of here!". I contemplated driving over there late one night and letting her jump into my vehicle and driving away with her. I waited too long to take action. We stopped dating because I just couldn't stand how mean he was to the dog - which he found absolutely incredible - that I would actually break up what he thought was a good relationship over a "stupid dog". Shortly after we broke up, he contacted me and tried to get back together. While we were talking, I asked about the dog. He said he hadn't seen it in several weeks, and that he figured the hunters had gotten her, because they had threatened to shoot her on several occasions when she would chase the deer they were hunting in the woods behind the house. I asked him why he didn't put her in the garage or tie her up during hunting season - his response: "She didn't like being tied up and barked all the time." Ok...so she likes being dead better?? That was the end of that. I haven't spoken to him since, even though he's made attempts to contact me.

My *least* favorite thing today:
Spring snow/sleet/ice storms. 2 days ago, I was outside in a t-shirt, cleaning up the fallen branches and 1/2 a roof's worth of shingles (mine) out of the yard. Today and tomorrow, the yard will be buried in snow and ice again.

My favorite thing today:
Beautiful snow falling gently, even though it annoys me for the above reasons....
oh, and the absence of a nasty stomach virus that laid me low for a few days. So glad to be able to eat again!
(2)

Susan what a f**#en dick that guy was. I heard a story on the news here recently about a man whose dog took a nip at someone in his house so he took the dog outside and beat it to death with a fence post. I said to my hubby they should punish the people in the same way they hurt the animal . Take the frigging prick out back and beat him to death with a fencepost! Not to mention that its against the law. Here in Canada we are really cracking down on offenders. I pray they start doing that everywhere.
(3)

Saw the snow storms on the news the first day of spring! Did everybody get dug out? Thinking of you back east.
(1)

Going to bed early tonight to avoid symptoms of the full moon effect.
Rest helps, even if I pop back awake again later. Clean sheets, music, and nothing bad happening at this moment is a great time for me.
Goodnight everyone!
(1)

Well, frankly my dear..... chocolate covered cherries, Dove brand.
Coloring books
Embroidery
Ebay
Watering my potted flowers
Sitting alone in the back yard, looking at the wild birds taking a bath
A NAP!
My husband bringing in the grocery
Making jewelry
Shopping at goodwill
Another nap
Popcorn and a movie mom can understand
Rain
Chocolate & Red wine
Laughing like a fool
My precious chihuahua
This blog
M88
(1)

Sendme2help: Thanks for thinking of us back east with the first day of spring snow event. It wasn't as bad as we were supposed to get originally, so it was o.k. just messy. At this time of year the good thing is that it doesn't last either. This week the temperature was up one day, down the next. I personally don't like the yo-yo effect, but there are truly signs of spring (daffodil greens poking through, and the robins are everywhere)! Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us here.
(1)

We're dealing with the sloppy spring storm right now. Ice everywhere, power lines down, trees falling over....lovely. My power is holding steady for now (fingers crossed that it stays that way), but has gone off and back on a few times. The weather reports say we're supposed to get 5-10" of wet, heavy snow yet today - guess we'll wait and see about that. Supposed to get pretty bad again tonight.
(1)

Ah Susan what can I say, better you than me? lol After all the hype yesterday we have had mostly rain, the yard is waterlogged and the eaves troughs are overflowing, but that is only a minor irritation. I hope you keep your power, nothing is as bad as freezing in the dark...
(2)

Thanks, cwillie....me too. I have too much work to do for that kind of stuff to be going on. Kind of flipped out a little bit earlier today when the power cut out for about 30 seconds and then came back on. So far, it's holding in there. Just checked the forecast, because all is quiet outside right now - just a fine mist of freezing rain. The backside of the storm is going to come around and smack us in a couple of hours with more snow and ice.
(1)

I would be too much of a chicken to freeze and be in the dark!
Stay safe, stay warm.
(1)

The storm has passed, and we lucked out this time - it scooted north of us and pounded the upper part of MI with snow - we barely got a dusting. We're still dealing with the ice, but it would have been far worse if we had gotten the 5-10" they were predicting! I kept hearing ice hitting the house all night as it fell off the trees. Looks like we only lost a few branches from the trees, nothing major.
(1)

Susan, now has the cold weather sorted itself out?
We are having 80° weather, just after all the rain and unusually stormy skies have passed..Felt like I should just keep driving today, just go to anyplace.
(2)

Woke up to snow on the ground this morning in SW Ontario... perhaps there is snow in Michigan too. 80 degrees sounds like heaven!
(1)

We just broke a heat wave and have a beautiful sunny day with temps of 73. They call this a cool front, lol. Lovely breezes and a great day to play outside with the dogs. I wanted to bring Mom out, but she isn't feeling well. I opened the blinds so she could get some natural light in hoping that would help her.
(1)

What colour is envy again, green?
Just colour me green then Sharadale LOL
(0)

Cwillie-the same green as your Avatar used to be? The one I borrowed to use as a green splatt! during halloween and turkey day last year.
Consider yourself happy to be in a country that you won't have to flee from after the election. You know, come to think of it, I haven't even seen actual snow for years now. I would love to visit snow! I once drove from S.F. to Reno, stopped with my doggies who were up to their leg-tops in snow. They loved it!
(1)

Snow this morning in Michigan....stopped for the rest of the day, supposed to start again sometime tonight. Our area should see very little, and what fell earlier today has already melted. East of us, they are supposed to get 6-8" of snow.
(1)

Its time for the Lawrence Welk show! Well, it's not really my favourite, but mom seems to like it.
When I was growing up we didn't watch LW, my mom was more partial to Don Messer's Jubilee, too bad they don't air reruns of that show!
(1)

I remember the bubbles when my Mom watched Lawrence Welk shows. Then, there was Mitch-somebody sing alongs-oh, 'Sing Along with Mitch'?

My favorite was The Andy Williams Show, when Donny & Marie Osmond would sing: "I 'm a little bit country, he's a little bit rock n' roll".

Ok, you can stop laughing!
(2)

Last night I had a crazy dream
I sailed away to China
Cause I had to get my laundry clean

NOBODY's gonna slow me down, oh no
I've got to keep on movin.
(2)

Send you are such a hoot.
(1)

No not a Ho. I mean you are funny. LOL
(1)

Taking a nap, I awoke to someone calling, Gloria. After about 30 minutes, this guy was irritating, and people in the condos were shouting, Stop It! It was like a cat howling for it's mate. She must have locked him out.

I told my husband, someone is calling 'Gloria!'. Can't you go turn the hose on him?
He said, 'No, he's calling 'Stella'.

Lol. He had to explain the movie reference to me, "Cat on a hot tin roof."

Then, when the guy stopped yelling (it was Gloria), my Dh played the song,"Gloria!" out the window. Gloria by Laura Branigan/youtube.

Very funny, these full moons, really crazy, people's behaviors.
(3)

"You really don't remember
All the voices in your head,
Calling, Gloria!"
(2)

"Gloria if everybody wants you,"
"Why isn't anybody calling."

"You don't have to answer"
"leave em hangin on the line"

"Calling Gloria"
(2)

Start a Discussion