Follow
Read More
Hey, I was accused of being in a clique and to make it even worse the same person told me everyone in my so called clique were bashing me.🤣

Oh to be so popular!

I've spent my while life feeling like I don't fit in so if no one gives me likes I just think life is as it's always been. Cest le vie.

I still have fun!
(4)

Sure, the more the merrier CM. I'm not really sure who all the other members are though 🙄
(2)

Can I join your secret clique CW? Pleasepleasepleaseplease - !
(3)

I thought getting old would take longer. Now that I am, I don't mind receiving "Likes" from young or old, or even the menopausal.

If any young whippersnappers feel a need to be jealous of the perceived amount of 'likes' someone has, I can confirm that it
IS NOT because I am more wise or more valuable than any of you.

Some of the wisest members here are the ones who can keep their opinions to themselves. I like them, I like their restraint. I would give them ALL of my 'likes' if they would just show up and say something kind.

And hey, a new poster with very few 'likes' showing up and expecting to be included instantly would do well to stop criticizing
those who have taken years to develop even one or two good friends on social media. imo.
(2)

I've been thinking, should I respond? Will that just stir up more ill feelings?

I have been accused of belonging to a "clique" that makes some people feel excluded because we use the forum as a social outlet. We "like" each others posts and that "unfairly" drives up our statistics, apparently making us appear more wise and valuable than is truly warranted.
I don't want to cause anyone on the forum to feel excluded, but I also don't want to PM people just to say - hey, I read that, I hear you.
(2)

cwille,

Just pm them like Riverdale suggests by sending a personal note if you like. I don't think most people pay that much attention to the like feature. For myself, I read the posting for the message. I don't care if it has a million 'likes' or none at all. I don't judge the content by the likes or lack of likes.
(2)

Cwillie,if you feel a strong connect couldn't you PM them. I guess there is also the following option. I have not made use of it but I think I may start to. There are certainly posters I gain a positive feeling about. I try my best not to be negative unless I feel slapped in the face or if a poster may be new and they are being attacked to a degree by another when a possible positive option might be chosen.
(1)

Cwillie, doesn't it make more sense to do what you feel you should?

I don't think it is a popularity contest, as some, but I personally enjoy seeing who has thought that my post was helpful or that they even read it.

I guess I am thinking that you don't have to read certain posters, look at certain things or posts. So you can do what you feel is appropriate for you. (You meaning a collective people's, no particular individual)
(2)

I'm trying to cut back on my "likes" because some members see it as a popularity contest, but then I'm left to wonder - how do I let people know I AM reading their posts?
(3)

Tweety-bird abruptly awakened from a 3.7 EQ @ 5:42 a.m.
Small, and far away but we felt it!
So. Cal, did you feel it?

Looked around last night, thinking: "This is EQ weather".
The air was still.
(1)

Happy Birthday to your Mom in Heaven Gershun!
(3)

Happy Birthday to Gershun’s mom.
(2)

It would have been my mom's 97th birthday today.

Happy Birthday mom in heaven!💌

Love
Gershun
(4)

Smeshque,

I love Suess!
(1)

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory

.Dr. Seuss
(7)

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
To all the caregivers.

Sometimes all we can do is to be kind to each other!
It comes from the heart. 💞
(6)

I always thought the laundromat was expensive, I think the added temptation to blow money on beer or food would break the budget.

I can remember finding some kind of hair jewellery? when I snooped through my grandmother's stuff, I've since discovered that those were sometimes taken from the dead as keepsakes. Glad I didn't know that then!
(4)

Born in '60,I am old now.
Sifting through my Mother's jewelry box,I didn't find coins though.
No,I found a tiny little bag with piece's of my Mother's hair in it.
(2)

cwille,

I had my youngest daughter at 40. She will say the funniest things at times. I suddenly realize how old I am in comparison to the way her generation thinks!

I think about the old coins I had at one time. Didn’t keep them. Ended up spending them. Probably spent my old coins doing laundry.

When I was young and living with a roommate there weren’t fun places to do laundry like they have now. Now there are places where a person can wash their clothes, grab a beer, order a burger and hear live music!
(1)

I was sifting through my mom's jewellery drawer (just costume stuff and odds and ends), I've been pretending I'm waiting for sister but I really knew that's never going to happen. Anyway, I found a coin purse and as I looked through the pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters I thought - there's nothing old here it's all the queen, only one king george - and then I realized that the 1960's IS old to a lot of people 🤔😯.
(3)

Lol. Full moon is @ 99.7% full.
(2)

Glad,
Usually, I skip the dream interpretations, but for you.....
Me thinks you may be watching too much news-the car wrecks are exactly like what has happened recently...yes, they are horrific and scary. A car did go under a big rig.

Maybe watch some cooking shows, come back and report the results on the dinner thread.
(1)

Thanks, Pam! I have never had nice nails. Glad there is hope. I have Sally’s here.
(2)

Need help.. I am going to recommend a product here that does wonders for my nails and my moms,, It is called California Mango and I get it at Sally beauty. It is a cuticle oil, and it smells wonderful. Just a drop or two does one hand.. you put it on and rub it into your nails. Cuticles soft, hangnails go away.. It lasts forever and really does help with her thick nails and my "Hospital Hands" I hate hangnails!
(3)

Recurring dreams. UFFDA! At least twice this week, maybe three, I am backing my car, it starts going too fast, can't find the brake, and crash into another car. This morning's car was a small sporty model. Glass shattered and the car kinda collapsed, started to cave in on itself as if had drove beneath a semi. And I hit and run. Bizarre.

This is one hopeful interpretation is ok

can often indicate that you are trying to forget the past and quickly move on to something new

But others are disturbing.
(3)

My dH uses Boudreaux's Butt Paste on his nose!

uhhhhhhm.
(0)

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed, CM !

boudreaux is good but the zinc is hard to remove whereas the lanolin doesn't require as much rubbing to get it off
(1)

CM,

I didn’t know toenails grew slower. That’s interesting. My fingernails are awful. I have never had nice nails. My mom and aunt always did. Mine, eh...split, chip, crack, cuticles, just yucky. My toenails are strong and grow fast. So I can get pedicures and they look nice. My friends treat themselves to manicures and invite me to go along. I rarely do because my nails break so easily. A pedicure works out well though!
(1)

Send,

Boudreaux’s butt paste is very good!
(1)

MsMadge, from healthline: "Your toenails grow much slower than your fingernails. They grow at an average rate of 1.62 mm per month. And if you lose a toenail, it can take up to a year and a half for it to completely grow back. That's three times as long as it would take your fingernail to regrow."

So if this patch on your nail looks old-bruise-y and isn't spreading but is creeping steadily towards the tip, I should stick to the bruise theory. It might go through a really manky patch when the detached, damaged nail is still over the quick but isn't yet fully grown out, and you'll want to cover it then just to make sure it doesn't get tugged off accidentally - yowch!
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter