Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Shell,

That didn’t even cross my mind. I never thought you were insulting me. No need for an apology.

That stinks that the year before had the CD. I missed it by a year. Oh well. You know how electronics are. It’s always changing. I guess what I have now will be out of date next year.
(2)

NHWM,

I didn't mean that you had the bottom basic car. Sorry! I did read that the 2019 Hyundai Elantra does not offer CD player as a option, but they did offer it on the 2018 models. That sucks!

I would think you could download your CDs into the Cloud so that you could bring them down through your car radio, but not really sure.

I so did not mean to offend you! Sorry, do you forgive me NHWM?😌
(1)

Daughter's new truck that looks like the Feds has so many 'bells & whistles' that she is still finding them. I'm good w/just bluetooth in my truck.
(2)

Pam,

Yes, I have Bluetooth. I do miss my CD player. I have a few radio stations that I listen to. My daughters do what you do when they ride in my car. I love the thing that goes beep, beep, beep if a car is behind my car. LOL

Polar,

We have a local station that reads all the best sellers, classics, fiction, non fiction, medical journals, major newspapers and magazines to the blind. It’s a nonprofit public station. It’s wonderful!

As many sighted people listen to it as blind people. They read unabridged books and once in awhile the author will show up to read the book. What a treat!
(5)

NHWM, my new truck does not have a CD player either,, its all Bluetooth.. or Alexa. Yes, it has Alexa. I have not set it up, I play sat music, love the oldies ( 80s through 2000) channels and the comedy ones. I always said I would never pay for radio,, but with an hour drive to work I quickly became hooked! There is so much in my truck I have never even tried,, I need to go outside and sit in it and play with the stuff!
(3)

Yes, there are e-audiobooks that can be downloaded but there are many books that only came out in either print or CD version, no e-books or e-audiobooks. I think I still want a CD player in my vehicle.
(1)

cw,

That is what I have to get either my hubby or daughters to do for me. I don’t know how to do it. There is a way to transfer it.
(0)

I'm no techie so I have no real life experience in this but people can download books (and music) digitally and listen in the car using bluetooth or a usb connection.
(1)

The old van I'm driving now came with a cassette player/CD player/radio combo. It finally stopped working two years ago, so I replaced it with a new stereo which had a CD player and radio. My mother still uses a cassette player to play music.

I use the CD player to listen to audiobooks while driving. How do you do that in a new car without a CD player?
(2)

My sister in law was adamant that my truck must have a CD player. After I told her "No," she kept wanting to see it. Convo closed! It does NOT exist! Lol.
(1)

Shell and cw,

My daughters are always telling me that I am out of the loop because I don’t know all of the hi tech stuff which is embarrassing because my husband, their dad is a tech guy. I am the only one not up to date, haha
(3)

cwille,

Yes, it’s all modern digital so I have lots of cds that I cannot use in my car. I need to ask my daughter how to transfer.

Shell,

I don’t have the bottom of the line basic car. It’s the upgraded model. It’s like cwille says, it’s modernized for new technology.

I wanted to downsize with my car. I want to downsize my home too but having a hard time getting my hubby to move into a small home.
(1)

Do cars still have CD players? Isn't everything digital now?
(3)

NHWM,

Really!? I thought all new cars had CD players...my bad!! It must be a basic model!!😵 That just sucks!!
(1)

Elaine,

When the kids were young, I did the minivan thing. I went back to driving a car. It’s just my husband and I at home now. I didn’t want a big car anymore. The Elantra feels roomy inside though. I love it too.
(1)

needhelpwithmom, I had a Hyundai Elanta for 10 years. I had a 2009 and gave it to my son in June 2019 and then I bought a Subaru Crosstrek. But I never had any problems with my Elantra. I loved it. It is great on gas!!
(3)

Nope, Shell

I bought my car brand new. No CD player. I wanted a small car. So I bought a Hyundai Elantra. I got it last year in 2019.

I love my car but it doesn’t have a CD player. It has safety features, new stuff but no CD player.
(1)

NHWM,

I have never heard of Katie Webster, but I will look her up.

What do you mean your new car doesn't have a cd player? What kind of car do you have and yr? All new cars come with a cd player...I thought!!!😱
(0)

Need: It certainly was awful!
(1)

Shell,

Do you like Katie Webster on piano? She’s a powerful vocalist as well. One of my favorites. Love her! Or Ruth Brown? Another great one to listen to sing.

When you get the chance look up ‘Try a little tenderness’ with Katie Webster. She does a great arrangement of that song. It’s on YouTube. I have so many cds. I love my new car but the new cars don’t have CD players.
(1)

Thank you NHWM!

I love Nina's music. It seems she wrote a song for every feeling and for every situation. I listen to her when I feel blue and some how she makes everything alright again!🎼🎶
(2)

Llama,

Yes, we are. It’s awful.
(1)

Shell,

You have great taste in music. Nina was awesome. Incredibly talented, very troubled personal life. Hey, great artists draw from their pain to express their music. Those are the real musicians verses pop artists.
(3)

Need and Gershun: I believe that you're talking about the tragedy in Nova Scotia? Quite sad and disturbing.
(3)

Blackbird

Why you wanna fly,
Blackbird?
You ain't ever gonna fly

Why you wanna fly,
Blackbird?
You ain't gonna fly
No place big enough for
holding
All the tears you're gonna cry

Cause your mama's name
was lonely
And your daddy's name
was pain
And they call you
little sorrow
Cause you'll never love
again

So why you wanna fly,
Blackbird?
You ain't ever gonna fly

Why you wanna fly,
Blackbird?
You ain't ever gonna fly
You ain't got no one to
hold you
You ain't got no one to
care

If you'd only understand
dear
Nobody wants you
anywhere
So why you wanna fly,
Blackbird?
You ain't ever gonna fly

So why you wanna fly,
Blackbird?
You ain't ever gonna fly
You ain't got no one to
hold you
You ain't got on one to
care

So, Why you wanna fly,
Blackbird?

---Nina Simone
(3)

Gershun,

It absolutely has an impact on everyone. It’s horrible. I am praying for all of you.
(3)

Not so much my area of Canada as I live in B.C. but anything that happens in our beautiful country of Canada affects us all. Please remember the victims loved ones and friends in your prayers.
(4)

Gershun,

It was awful to hear what happened in your area. It’s truly heartbreaking and devastating. I’m so very sorry. You are in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
(3)

Aw, thank-you Send! :(
(3)

🇨🇦🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯🕯Our hearts and prayers go out to Canada's victims, 22, killed on 4/22. Sorry for your loss. 🇨🇦 Nova Scotia Remembers
(7)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter