Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
glad: I, too, have made some blunders. My eyes got me.
(0)

Geez, need to proof better. The seat and lid would not stay up! The new ones have much stronger flushing, and soft close lids that stay up.
(2)

Glad, since the great COVID season began,, my hubs has been on a bit of a household upgrade mode. Started with new outside light fixtures, then a new TV/ set up in Moms rec room, redoing her bathroom,, now he is on a flooring kick. He laid new laminate in my laundry room, and this week he started a demo on our sunroom! New laminate floors ( removing the horrible raspberry carpet that was in it 20 years ago when we moved in,, still in good shape but old and a horrible color) So I am having to help,, let me tell you I am glad he is able to do these things on his own, but it is hard to wash walls at my age!!. He is also doing some upgrades on DDs condo,, and we are taking the light fixtures we replaced at her house to our river house,, so I guess with "repurposing" we are upgrading 3 homes!! She is getting new toilets for Christmas ( yep,, we give the best gifts..LOL) and we have replaced all of ours since the parents moved in. A little at a time gets it done! So basically,, I envy your 2 years! I've been here 20! Of course the fact that we can;t go anywhere much to spend all the OT money I have earned at the hospital with manditory OT has helped move this along..LOL
(5)

TEXTURE not gesture.
(1)

Glad,

Houses and cars are not maintenance free! They are necessary but a pain in the butt. Glad you finally have it sorted out.

My uncle was not a very good handyman and I remember as a child that everything was screwed up in his home. He had the money to pay someone to do proper repairs but he insisted that he could do it.

He had everything backwards! The light switches went the opposite ways of how they were supposed to be. He totally screwed up the plumbing, etc. He was cheap! Unfortunately, nothing worked in his home.
(2)

FINALLY! I have been in this house for nearly two years. The contractor came and replaced the toilets that the seat and lid would stay up to clean or for a male using them. And finally dug out window wells and put rock in them to hopefully help solve a drainage problem. Quite the frog family down there are now free to find another wet spot. Also possible leak in roof around chimney where collar was not down tight enough. Leak caused drywall tape to start cracking. Waiting for drywall contractor, then gesture and painters.

Two years was long enough, I guess!😕😧😀
(3)

I can hear screaming and shouting off in the distance - school is back!
(3)

Anche71: I am so very sorry for your loss.
(1)

My mind and heart are full of sadness. On Sunday, a 17 year old girl died in a terrible car accident. I know her family, she is the same age of my son... They knew each other... Our small town is completely shattered (am not sure it is the correct word). Why is life so unfair?
(1)

Bridger: Sorry that you were the victim of debit card fraud. I, too, was when my pin number was stolen, even though my debit card was never out of my possession.
(0)

Spent three hours on the phone with my bank. Fraudulent charges to my debit card. I gave my number to attorney’s office. Employee he fired took my personal info before he fired her. She had done the same thing to another of his clients. I feel that he should have notified so that we could change accounts. She charged $463.00 before the bank blocked my account. Had to change all of my parents stuff as well as the nursing home accounts. My husband and sons took care of their own.
(1)

For anyone who needs encouragement no matter what you're going through,
go to YouTube and listen to "WHEN LIFE BREAKS YOU - Powerful Motivational Speech" dated Aug. 3, 2020 put out by Ben Lionel Scott.

May someone out there find it as powerful as I did!
(0)

NeedHelpWithMom: Yes, I have been hearing about the hurricane headed your way. Pray its strength lessens once Sally hits landfall.
(1)

Looks like we are going to get dumped on with this storm. There is a storm surge warning. There will be flooding for sure.

Highways are always packed evacuating. We have our hotel reservations made in case we have to leave the city. We’re used to it but it’s a pain in the butt.
(1)

Grrrrr, another hurricane is coming our way! Looks like it heading straight for us. Say prayers please. I’m going to start on laundry after breakfast and start packing a bag in case we have to evacuate.
(2)

Bridger46164: Praying for your mother. 💞
(1)

My parents are in assisted living. Dad is in good health, fairly active, no real problems. My mother’s health is declining with advanced congestive heart failure, atrial fibrillation and severe osteoarthritis. She is very frail. Dad is a doctor and he keeps close watch on Mom. He talked to me today about calling Hospice for evaluation and/or moving her to skilled nursing. My husband, also a doctor, agrees with my Dad. It’s very difficult for me to agree with their decision even though I know they are right. Weighing heavily on my mind.
(3)

We are here too, glad and on the provincial "watch list" whatever that means. We have about 60 active cases up from just a few a short while ago. I think it likely that there will be more cases now that school has started.

Prayers for all in the fire areas.
(4)

September 11, 2001 🌇
(4)

There are vast thought processes on the spread of the Novel Coronavirus.
(1)

Seeing a covid spike here. May was the most cases in a day, over 40. We had held steady with 0, 1, 3, 0, 2 .New cases in a day for the last 4-5 weeks. The last week we have over 40 cases, small county. Result of back to school? Or county fair?
(1)

To everyone in the fire areas of the west, my thoughts are with you. Video on various media outlets is truly frightening. Take care of yourselves.
(5)

Ccousin had an F1 tornado hit 4 days ago. 15 trees came down, but praise God that no one was hurt.
(1)

The Weather Channel's videos of the fires is frightening! Prayers for firefighters and all those people near fires. 🙏

Weather Channel showing "Top 100 Weather Moments" tonight--5 shows in all. Very interesting! 🌀☁☃☔☀

We are suppose to get rain the next 3-4 days (with high winds). We need the rain for the corn, but not the wind. Corn stalks on the ground are extremely difficult to harvest. 🌽
(1)

Glad,
Almost the same here, a strange golden glow in darker skies...I have never seen this weather condition before. Has lasted 2 days.
Fires are faraway, sunshine is barely peeking out.

Everyone, have a better day! 🌻🌻🌻🌞🌻🌻🌻
(2)

We have had so many fires here this year. So much smoke and ash from one about 100 miles away. Sun almost completely blocked. The color is so strange. Freeze and snow coming overnight. Must get boots out and wash jackets for a very cold few days. Maybe it will settle the fires down.
(1)

I tend to skim through long posts looking for the salient points so I might skip some important detail and my answers are a total miss.
(3)

gladimhere: I give the long posts a go until my eyes cross. I'm in need of cataract surgery.
Sendhelp: Agreed!
(1)

Agree, 100%!!!! As a rule, I have stopped reading long posts. The storyline is often too long and convoluted to follow. I try to keep my responses short and to the point without a lot of cajoling or just chat not necessary to get my point across. Some may even think I am abrupt.😘
(5)

Countrymouse.
I enjoy still reading this thread that you started by saying:
"I can't remember what the maximum character count was before, can anyone else? But anyway it wasn't very many so let's keep to that."

As posts on other threads get longer and longer, this thread stays short and readable. That's nice.

However, as temperatures rise to 114 degrees fahrenheit today,
so does my irritability. Sorry.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter