Follow
Read More
Alva,

I love Sunday evening PBS shows too. Thanks for suggestions.

Fargo is good! I saw that awhile back.

What missions do you visit? I did Carmel years ago. They are beautiful to visit. Carmel is a beautiful area.
(0)

AlvaDeer,

Hi, just saw your post. Didn't realize the Mission had that on Halloween. Sorry to hear about your brother. I bet his spirit was with you. Yes, different Halloween this year. I turned the big "60" on Halloween. I'm going up a different hill now. Lol
Take care,

Unite
(1)

NeedHelp, I got through all of Better Call Saul on Netflix, and have one episode left of the very dark Breaking Bad. I love the perverse and bizarre, and amazed I missed them for so long. My daughter says that Fargo must be next for me on Hulu. Other than that it is pretty much PBS Sunday night programs such as Masterpiece Theater, Mystery. Old Morse (the Detective) is another love of mine (the intelligent older woman's sex symbol I call the late Mr. Thaw, who played him in the 80s.)
(3)

Need, I should switch over to Netflix or something but I am glued to the US election..
(0)

Has anyone seen any good programs on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon or HBOMax that they recommend?

Hubby and I watched Blow the Man Down and Late Show on Amazon.

I liked Blow the Man Down. Late Show wasn’t bad but wasn’t great either.
(0)

I love Halloween! So quiet this year. No trick or treaters. I miss it.
(2)

I wouldn't count on people reading your post either Send 🙄
(1)

Cwillie,
I hope that I will be forgiven for posting Elaine's updates so that people will read them if the updates are more recent.

And your suggestion is a good one! I hope the AC Admins read your post!
(0)

I'm not sure how AgingCare selects which posts get featured in their weekly emails but including elaine1962's about finding her mother on the floor is generating a lot of comments, unfortunately these people almost never read previous posts and this has got to be difficult in light of her updates. We really need to be able to pin/highlight updates or allow the OP to add them to the original question, or lock threads without waiting for 6 months.
(4)

Halloween. My favorite Holiday (wouldn't you know it) along with Dia de los Muertos. Usually I can go into the Mission in San Francisco and see the altars people make to their loved ones who are gone. This would have been the first time I could "celebrate" my brother. But with Covid-19 I am down to a bunch of Marigolds.
Our neighborhood has always had closed streets and big celebrations for this day, lots of little ones come from all over. Missing that today.
I love everything about Autumn, and especially its holidays.
(2)

My mother would have been 101 years of age tomorrow, October 31.
(6)

My mother.
(3)

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane was a sad, dark movie mostly about sibling jealousy I always thought.

Funny thing whenever I've watched that I kept thinking about the movie Mommy Dearest which was supposed to be a true account of Joan Crawford. If it's anything close to being true it's even more of a horror story.

"NO WIRE COAT HANGERS!!!"🤯😱😳🤪
(5)

Geeeeeez, just heard power is down all over the city! Glad we evacuated.
(2)

Send,

The bird scene broke my heart. It totally grossed me out. I was a kid when I watched that movie with my mom. I was born in the 50’s. I think that movie came out in the 60’s.

Oh, I think I have seen every Bette Davis movie out there. I adore her. She was an incredible actress.

So, I am guessing that you weren’t a Hitchcock fan if you aren’t a big horror fan. I love Hitchcock too!
(0)

No worries NHWM. Don't give it a second thought. 🐦
(1)

NHWM,
Never saw the entire movie. Cannot watch horror movies.
However, researching the trailers and some scenes, I am having a hard time trying to figure out who was abusing whom?

The "BIRD" scene! Looked it up. Kinda perverse NHWM. Thanks for that, not.
You have known about my Tweety-bird. 😩

Getting too close to the Full Moon?
(1)

Send,

Don’t you remember? The police found her dancing on the beach eating ice cream.

Now I want to watch it again!
(1)

What did happen, to baby jane? Listed as a horror film.
Betty Davis, Joan Crawford.
Sister caring for sister.

Looked it up, final scene:
"you mean, all this time, we could have been friends?"

She snapped! Cracked up.

Goes to show, if you are burnt out, get help.
(2)

Loved “Whatever Happened to Baby Jane”. Great movie. Send. It was a caregiver nightmare.
(5)

Send,

Bette Davis and Joan Crawford are legends! Great movie! The scene with the bird is etched in my mind. You’re so right in your description of it being a nightmare film!

If you get the chance watch, ‘Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte.’ It was filmed at Houmas House plantation here in Louisiana. I have been there. The staircase is beautiful in that home.

Bette Davis bought silver candle operas for their dining room table as a parting gift.
(2)

Movie: "Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?"

A sibling caregiver nightmare.....
(2)

We are in Baton Rouge now. Going to eat a late lunch/early dinner at a cafe’.

The hotel has a very cute display of decorated pumpkins! I wish that I could send pics from my phone to the forum. They are very creative!
(1)

NHWM,
So glad you and your family are going for safety.
Safety is way high up on the heirarchy of basic needs.
(1)

Rain, rain go away...

Hubby is driving while the rain is dumping on the city.
(1)

Leaving the city now. Another evacuation, par for the course for us when we don’t feel like dealing with power outages. Will be so glad when hurricane season is over.
(5)

On my mind?
Troublemakers.
Two of them for certain, and likely a third smart enough to stay hidden.
Troublemakers are on my mind.
Stepping clear or them.
I find that the troublemakers of our world, left to their own devices, almost always shoot their own feet out from under themselves!
(4)

I care about the elderly, and about the caregivers and families that care for the elderly. And thanks for this caregiver's forum, that teaches us to care for ourselves more, and how that is done.
(3)

Bridger,

Thanks for running a wonderful facility that cares for the elderly.
(2)

Thank God for the snow in Colorado to help with the wildfires!
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter