Follow
Read More
Plus my cat has been hanging out around there crying lately and has been looking at things around our place that I can't see lately.
(4)

Okay, I'm officially a bit freaked out. I just took a pic of my cat on our mirrored cabinet. In the picture there is a definite outline of a man standing there in a suit. I'm not making this up.
(4)

Hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving. It was a nice day for us.

Hubby just went to bed. I am watching Shark Tank.
(2)

Send,

I watched the dog show too.

Glad,

I love Cornish hens. Our turkey dinner was yummy!
(2)

Thanks, golden. What a pleasant, quiet day! Actually a very nice change of pace.

And OMG those Cornish hens were wonderful! I am one heck of a good cook, if I do say so myself. Thanks Mom!
(3)

Oh, dH is laughing at me now....
I was watching the dog show/agility trials, and said, "I can't take this anymore, it is way too intense!". So, he is cracking up...the next second I look over and he is sound asleep. Turkey does strange things to one's metabolism.

Can't there just be a cuddly competition?
(4)

Golden,
Thank you for the Thanksgiving greeting to us in the USA. It feels very kind of our friends from other countries wishing us happiness on our holiday!

Glad,
Thank you for the reminder of the dog show, which I will enjoy. It is 1:30 p.m. and the turkey legs and potatoes are cooked. But we are not hungry. Going through the motions to set a table for my dH when he wants to be on the computer seems a waste, and putting the food on hold for two hours--well, I have forgotten how that is done, and prefer the freshly done taste myself.

So, once in the refrigerator, I will come look for the dog show.

Happy Thanksgiving! Alone can be really pleasant!
(3)

Happy Thanksgiving to all those in the USA Have a good peaceful time and stay safe.

glad - dog shows are the best!!!
(4)

Just on the news, a couple that usually has a houseful is having traditional potluck with all in family contributing their part. The change? They have constructed a quasi drive up window at their home so family can stop by to just say hello, and pick up their to go containers.

What a great idea for having some fun with a difficult situation in a very difficult year!

I am rather enjoying laying in bed, watching news, and not having to get up to start prepping a large family dinner.

And a mayor that a few days ago stated he was going to zoom with his wife and daughter today. He had a change of heart and flew to Mississippi
yesterday to be with wife and daughter. Now many disgruntled and calls for resignation. I get it, disappointing for sure, and quite the hypocrite!😠

I will enjoy the parade, held virtually, and the dog show today!
(6)

Need: Good luck to your daughter learning to drive in snow. I learned how to drive in snow at age 20 - 8 feet walls of snow from November to April. No problem.
(1)

WorriedinCali: Oh, so sorry to hear this news.
(1)

Cali,

So very sad.

Horribly tragic accident.
(0)

We hear a lot about elderly drivers who shouldn’t be driving and we don’t hear about their children’s driving skills......well this afternoon a few miles down the coast, an elderly man was nearly killed (or was killed? ) by his daughter! The daughter was driving and stopped the car along highway 1 but forgot to put the car in park! It rolled off a cliff and landed at the edge of the ocean just as the tide was coming in. I don’t know if there are survivors, search & rescue isn’t going out there until tomorrow and only an elderly man was pulled from the vehicle by witnesses who must have been down on the beach! Crazy!
(2)

It is a different year, Glad.

My daughter is learning to drive in the snow!

She said had to drive to Parker to Honey Baked Ham and that it wasn’t too far of a drive. She uses GPS to find everything.

Honey Baked Ham wasn’t offering sides so she went to Whole Foods for sides.

I am hoping my oldest daughter can join us tomorrow but she suffers with her Crohn’s disease and she is having a tough time getting her diabetes under control. She will let us know in the morning.

I have cooked holiday meals for decades. This year I am doing Whole Foods.
(1)

Started my dinner for tomorrow, a day that I will be home with no company, no family, just me. And I am happy to do it. COVID is so bad here I would never risk the health of my children and their families by going there. It will be a quiet day, which is wonderful.

I started prep for my dinner tonight, made cranberry relish to go with my cornish hens tomorrow. It will be different, no doubt, but I will be just fine. Absolutely no emotional reaction other than appreciating my life, my children and that I do not have mental issues that would cause such a terrible depression that will be experienced by some.

Just making the relish was different. I usually make a full bag of cranberries, tonight just half of it. Found out my blender does better with larger quantities. LOL!

And the geese, lots of them, fly and make their honks ALL NIGHT LONG!
(5)

Had the shingles 54 years ago. Three years ago my husband got the shingles and I immediately got a shingles vaccine.
(5)

Yes, that new shingles shot sure leaves a sore arm! I get the booster in December, too.

I had the old vaccine about four years ago. Then the new one came out and I was told I should get that one. The new one is supposed to be much more effective. I know people that have had a very difficult time with getting shingles. I sure don't want it either!😳
(5)

Thx Golden. Yes, it was very sad. He was only in his fifties.
(2)

I'm so sorry, Gershun. It's a very nasty disease.
(2)

Golden, shingles is what ultimately killed my brother. It went into his brain and he got encephalitis and then pneumonia. So no it's nothing to play around with.
(2)

I've known people who had shingles and I definitely don't want it, In one lady it nearly went into her brain. They caught it just in time with antiviral treatment. It could have killed her.
(1)

Freq,

Yuck! That sounds awful. I hope that I don’t get side effects when I get the second shot in December.
(1)

Pam,

That’s good! I did want to get the shot. Hubby really suffered with his case of shingles.
(2)

I had the shingles shot a few years ago and had very little side effects.
(2)

My hubs, mom and I all had the new shingles shot.. our only side effect was a sore arm.
(3)

NeedHelpWithMom, raising hand here. Yes, I had side effects from the Shingle vaccine second shot last year, felt really funky to a point that I wanted to go to urgent care. Of course, this revelation was around 10pm and all the urgent cares in my area were closed. I do tend to over-think things :P Went to the ER, got a good once over, I was dehydrated and the saline really helped. Went home a couple hours later.

Now, my sig-other had both shots. Only side effect was his shot arm was pretty sore.

All in all, was so glad I did have the Shingle shots.
(2)

I just got my flu shot and the ‘new’ shingles shot. Shingles vaccine is given in two parts. I get the next one in Dec.

The doctor said the shingles vaccine could make me feel kind of funky. Have any of you experienced any negative side effects from the vaccine?
(1)

Today is Friday. Yay lol

I am thankful.

It is cold outside but we are warm inside.

I'm wanting something good to eat this morning and I have plenty of good things to choose from. Can even go out and buy some breakfast if I wanted to.

There is God's peace in my home.

My husband takes me out on Friday evenings and gets me a good dinner.

My heart is overwhelming with love.

God, I thank you.

I am blessed.
(1)

Lol @ Send
(0)

Gershun,
There are coyotes out at 4 a.m., so no walks. 🦊🦊🦊

You stay home too, ok?

Unless you are going out for a slab....
(1)

Start a Discussion