Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Way,

I just bought a new patio set a few days ago. I enjoy having coffee or tea outside and looking at my garden.
(5)

My daughter is coming by in a little while to drop off the dog. She made plans awhile back to go to Austin for the weekend and we are going to watch the dog while she is gone.

I am going to take the dog to the park sometime over the weekend. He is a little celebrity with his beautiful blue eyes. Everyone stops to play with him. He loves all of the attention.

Siberian huskies are such beautiful creatures. I love him so much.
(7)

I love Siberian Huskies too. Their eyes are mesmerizing.

He'll help take your mind off of things too.
(3)

Gershun,

He really is the sweetest dog. I want another dog sometimes. My greyhound died awhile ago. I miss my grey. He melted my heart.

My mother was his favorite person. She would say that they were growing old together. They had a special bond. It was very sweet. Mom was very sad when he died.

My husband doesn’t want another dog so…

Plus, I don’t handle losing a dog or cat very well. Maybe he is trying to protect me from loosing it like I do when they die.
(5)

Pets are a great source of comfort but it is hard to lose them Need.

I still have my sweet kitty but he has kidney disease and after he is gone I doubt I'll get another. (at least not for a while)
(5)

It really is hard to lose them. My cat lived to be 16. She was so sweet. My dogs, my schnauzer and grey lived to be 13.

My schnauzer was out the box crazy! I loved her but I swear she was neurotic! She barked at everything and everyone.

I spent a fortune on obedience classes and private lessons but she was a stubborn little dog! My grey was the opposite, he was Mr. Chill.
(4)

Need: I am glad you were able to rest somewhat. Continued prayers for you as you go through the most difficult of times.
(4)

Need, I’m glad you have the distraction of dog sitting right now. Hope you are doing okay.

I still miss my beloved Lab to this day. It’s been years since he’s been gone but he’s not forgotten. I’d give anything to have a dog in my life right now.
(6)

HH,

Labs were my brother’s favorite dogs. He had two of them.

One of his dogs was a thief! For some reason the dog would escape and steal anything that his neighbors had on their porch.

Once she took a broom, my brother would always apologize and return what she stole. Fortunately, the neighbors were fond of his dog.

Another time the dog went into the neighbor’s garage while the woman was washing clothes and the dryer door was open.

She took a baby blanket from the dryer, LOL! His neighbor automatically went to my brother and told him that his dog stole her daughter’s blanket.

She was so sweet but also a very mischievous dog at times.

It feels nice to remember the funny incidents instead of thinking about his suffering with heart issues.
(5)

Rest in peace, Suzanne Somers.
(4)

Started my new job with a new baby to take care of. She smiles and laughs and I have spit up in my hair and it makes me happy !!!! 😊😁
(7)

Way,

She sounds precious!
(2)

way: Congrats on your new job!
(2)

It's five years since mom died - Oct 19, 2018. In some ways it seems like a lifetime ago.
(6)

cw,

So true.

My mom died in 2021. Sometimes, it seems forever ago and other times it seems like yesterday.

I turn 68 this month. I feel like the older I get the faster time goes.

Remember when we were kids, we couldn’t wait to grow up! Time seemed to move slowly then.
(3)

cw and Need: So sorry for your losses.
(2)

Thanks, Llama.
(2)

Need: You're welcome.
(0)

Hey all. Just a drive-by "I love you and thank you." I stay very busy these days. I hope everyone is well. x

Just needed to share with y'all that I need no other moment of validation for the rest of my life. lol I've gotten it all in the past week. I figured out a way to get into behavioral gerontology and my mom just apologized for everything terrible that happened during caregiving. I have a lot of work to do yet on the new career path, but I feel really lucky and grateful in this moment.

CW, you helped spur ideas when you mentioned that behavior skills training is needed in caregivers/CNAs. I don't think you said it quite like that, but it's true. Beyond in-house behavior services for facilities, behavior skills training is a growing area for gerontology/agency caregivers and I figured out this week how to get my master's supervision hours with elderly populations. :) I'm very happy. I'll come back down to earth real soon because I have a 10-page paper to write by next week. Ugh.

I'm linking the behavior gerontology Facebook page if anyone's curious to follow it. It's not a big part of the behavior services field, but it's growing. https://www.facebook.com/behavioralgerontology
(7)

Good to hear from you, Ali. Glad to hear that you’re doing well.
(2)

My brother’s Celebration of Life is this weekend. I am sure that it will be filled with many emotions and memories for me.
(5)

Need

((((Hugs))))
(3)

Thanks, Way.

My SIL planned everything with my nephews. I’m sure it will be nice even though it’s a sad reason to have a gathering.

He had faith but didn’t want a religious service. He wasn’t a guy who believed in any particular doctrine. So, we will gather to celebrate his life.

I know that music is planned as a tribute to him. My brother was one of the best guitarists that I know. He was friends with many other musicians. He loved having a studio in his house with tons of instruments. He played piano too.

Playing music was the only time that I saw him in total peace without thinking of his heart issues. I will miss hearing him play.

Let me tell you how determined that he was to play the guitar as a kid.

Money was tight and daddy said that a guitar wasn’t in the budget at that time, so my brother built his first guitar in a wood shop class at school.

When my mom saw that he built a guitar, she said to my dad, “We will cut back wherever we need to so that he can take lessons.

He played in several bands throughout his life. He taught music for years as well. My nephews play music, along with great nieces, great nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins.

One of my great nieces has played her violin all over the world. My brother was so proud of his grandchildren.

My niece hasn’t even finished college yet and is writing film scores and using the money towards her education.

The kid would be in the backseat of my car when she was 8 or 9 and when I asked her why she was so quiet, she would say, I am writing a song.

I guess that I am reminiscing some. I have probably bored you to death. Sorry, so many memories in my head at this time. I’m still in a little bit of disbelief that he is gone.
(5)

Need,
May the Lord lift you up as you attend your brother's memorial
celebration this weekend.
So sorry for your loss. 🕯
(4)

Thanks so much, Send.
(4)

Bounce, in Lewiston, Maine, I believe. Big state.
(2)

Great!
Grand!
Thanks Bounce and Need.
(3)

Those poor souls in Maine

“ If I had my way they’d take metal altogether out of this world . Every blade , every gun “ .

Cold Mountain .

Every shooting makes me think of this line .
(2)

Way,

The shootings turn my stomach. It’s horrible.
(4)

Goodnight 🌙 💤 all! I’m tired. Going to bed.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter