Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Way - that must be so hard on him. A person would never forget something like that.
(3)

Golden,
Yeah, DH and my son have been talking about going to the museum . My son loved riding the train and subway going with Dad to the “ big buildings” when he was young .

I know if DH had been there that day he might not be here now . DH talked about a man on his floor that was in a wheelchair ( paraplegic ) . He wondered if he was there and what happened , did anyone try to help him .
(3)

Oh yes, the "what ifs". There were stories of handicapped people being helped and saved. A museum visit would probably be good for both dh and son. They both were so close to it. You don't "get over" something like that. It changes you. And I know you all are so thankful dh was not there.
(3)

Okay, this game is working on my nerves!

11th inning!

Score 0 -0
(0)

Yay! LSU Home Run! Tiger fans going wild!!!

Geaux Tigers!

We play in the Championship games!

Final score

2 - 0
(1)

Need; You're very welcome.
(1)

Yes, very sad for that implosion.
(2)

getting ready for midsummer celebrations today :) :).
even though i travelled here for work, it's fun, too. :)
☀️☀️☀️
24 hours sunshine today/"tonight".
will be walking around town at 2 am, 3 am, 4 am...hope i don't get sunburnt "tonight".
😎😎😎
(3)

Enjoy the day boj. I caught the news about the sub when it had 40 hours of oxygen. Haven't watched the news since. I'm reading everyone's posts and it's so very sad. My heart goes out to the victims families.
:(
(5)

thanks cat!! :)
🙂🙂😎😎
(1)

the midsummer festival was a lot of fun!!! went out all night, sunshine 24 hours. no difference between the sun at 3 pm and the sun at 3 am.
🙂🙂🙂

❤️ currently travelling for work. since i'll be gone a while from internet, i want to wish EVERYONE a grrrrrreat summer!!! ❤️
(3)

I missed the last LSU baseball game. Oh my gosh, glad I did! Florida beat us very badly!

Final score 24 - 4

We only have one more shot at winning the Collage World Series.
(2)

My sister has gradually been getting more and more involved in helping her MIL, they've always had an arms length relationship and sis gets so frustrated trying to get necessary things done (mostly shopping and appointments) without being seen as bossy and controlling. I can't help but smirk to myself whenever she complains.
(3)

cw,

You know how we were discussing vases for the cemetery the other day?

I like to bring flowers to the hospital, nursing home, my friends when visiting, etc.

I would always become frustrated with how do I travel with them in my car, without the vase and flowers tumbling over in my car.

Anyway, I thought of an easy fix. My husband buys the preserves that come in tall slim bottles. Forgive me, I can’t remember the brand name. I save the empty jars. I place a few flowers in them. These jars fit perfectly in my cup holder so I can transport my flowers safely.
(3)

LSU is going to have its good pitchers back for the next game so they should be back - at least competitive!
(1)

Need: I used to use a florist that could provide you with a no-tip container/vase.

Your DH's containers are a good solution.
(2)

We did it! LSU beat Florida last night in the Collage World Series.

18 - 4

We are the champions! Yay!

Techie,

It was an exciting game! I’m sure there were huge celebrations going on in Omaha and Baton Rouge last night.
(1)

Llama,

That sounds wonderful! A no tip vase is so practical for us. Louisiana roads are some of the absolute worst! Seriously, our pot holes are awful.
(1)

These wild fires in Canada are causing horrible air quality. Just heard that Chicago has awful air quality right now. Very sad situation for so many.
(4)

Need: Right - Chicago air quality is horrible today.
(2)

Need: It was actually a single bud vase that held a white rose. I recall that I used that florist's service at least two or three times.

Sorry that your roads are so bad. Does your county have an app where you can report potholes to be repaired? We do, among other things such as debris/dumped trash violation.
(1)

It's been two hours since the WTF posts, hopefully they've moved on now.😒

Smoke has moved into my region and is supposed to hang around for the next few days (we had worst air in Ontario yesterday, yay). I'm almost out of clean clothes but have been waiting for all the rain to pass so I can hang my laundry out on the line, now I'm not sure what to do.
(3)

Llama,

Yes, we can report bad roads, some roads have been repaired but we have always had bad roads.

I looked up non tipping vases online. That’s the way to go. I thank you for this information.
(1)

cw - hope the smoke clears soon for you and all affected down into the US. The rain doesn't clear it?
(2)

Rest in peace, Ryan Mallett, (former NFL player) and others who died in the riptides in Panama City Beach.

Several people have died in the riptides. So sad. I went to this beach every summer with my family growing up. My father grew up in this area.

We love going to the gulf coast and have gone many times. The riptides are dangerous and can be deadly. My dad always checked the safety status of the beach before he allowed us to swim in the gulf.

The jellyfish can be bad also. When the purple flag is flying it signifies that there are lots of jellyfish present in the water. The green, yellow and red flags are for the riptides.
(2)

Golden - despite all the dire weather warnings we've had the wind shift to the north west so it's been a beautiful day here.
(3)

cw,

Glad it’s nice there today. 😊
(1)

I'm so glad, cw. We had that happen to. Hope you got your laundry dried.

Need - very sad about the man that drowned.
(2)

Golden,

Seven drownings in 9 days.
(2)

Need- That's tragic. In the same area?
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter