Follow
Read More
I have been using the same stylist for years, I love her! Yes it's pricey but I only have the whole shebang 3/4 times a year,, the grey blends into the highlights. I get trims in between. It is still below my neck, so I can still wear a ponytail or twist at work. I do get the occasional pedicure, but nope to manicures,, I have to be able to read or something while they do their thing, LOL I don;t have a ton of grey at almost 65,, my Dad didn;t get grey until he was in his 60s either. and yes I am a great tipper,, gets me in with short notice, and my DD was a waitress in high school and I know how they get paid!
(4)

Pam,

I have been almost all silver for a few years now. I think my mom said that she first started seeing grey hair in her 30’s. She colored her hair for a long time. My dad started greying in his 60’s.

My daughter was a waitress at a sushi restaurant in high school. She switched to bartending when she was at LSU. She made tons of extra money being a bartender. Her friends who worked at the mall only made minimum wage and she wasn’t about to do that.
(4)

Hope your vaca is nice Pam. 4" feels great doesn't it? I did about 6" a few years ago to get some of the layers even. My hair grows super fast, especially the random gray hairs. Lol.
NH for some reason I picture you as a bubbly blonde. :)
(3)

High here today was about 48. It rained for the first time this spring. Then turned to snow, blizzard conditions for awhile. Airport closed for awhile due to wind shear.
(3)

Anyone know where Bandy7 has been? Haven't seen her lately...unless she's 'invisible'.
(3)

I believe that Bandy7 said she would be absent from Forum for a while? I believe she may have said something about surgery? Also recal her mentioning recent loss of someone? Things to take care of? Can't remember details given or anything else and may have seen this back a while ago on Lea's thread. Really don't know, just have the impression she was going to be gone a while. You could always try a private message.
(2)

This site keeps logging me out.
(3)

Me too.
(0)

Test
(0)

Thanks Alva :)
(2)

Test
(0)

Snow coming in tonight. Then again, mid-week and again next weekend. Still winter here even after a couple of days in the upper 70's.
(7)

This is an exciting weekend! Black and Gold CU football spring game on ESPN today! Excitement in the air for the Buftalo team that just has not been able to be successful for quite a few years. Now under the leadership of new coach, Deion Sanders, there is newly found determination and excitement in the CU community, alumni and current students!

And of course, HGTV premiere of hometown takeover tomorrow evening. Finally.....

So many new businesses have opened and a renewed sense of pride of residents! Even established businesses fixing up abandoned storefronts and moving from their previous spaces.

Just so exciting!😀😀

And don't forget about Av's playoff hockey and Nuggets playoff basketball!I

No need to mention the Rockies!
(4)

Glad, who are the buffalos playing? What time with time zone?
(2)

Buffs are playing themselves, offence vs defense, thus the black/gold game. I believe it is on at 1:00 mountain daylight time.

They are calling all the excitement the Coach Prime effect.

https://cubuffs.com/news/2023/3/30/football-cu-black-gold-day-spring-game-sold-out.aspx
(2)

Appropriately it is snowing for the game!

Knox-Hendricks scoring system for this game. Not just touchdowns.

https://hilltoppersports.com/documents/2022/4/14/2022_SPRING_GAME_POINT_SYSTEM.pdf
(2)

Glad, the coolest thing was seeing 98 yo Peggy Collom do the honorary kickoff.

https://twitter.com/ArielleOrsuto/status/1649858097601712128
(1)

Glad, your thoughts on the Broncos? Especially Russell Wilson?
(2)

Glad,

You know that I am a diehard Saints fan. I will always remain loyal to our hometown team, but I love Sean!

So, now since Sean has left us I am going to have to root for the Bronco’s too!

Hey, Sean got us to the Super Bowl in 2010 where we beat the Colts 31 - 17!

He’s a great coach!

New Orleans went from a crappy team to a great team with him at the helm.

I remember when the Saints played so poorly many years ago. The fans wore paper bags over their faces! We called them The Ain’ts!

We were embarrassed by their lack of talent! 😆 Nevertheless, we were diehard fans who showed up for the games!

Saints fans are a hoot! Even the opposing team’s fans love to party with us after the game. They have measured the sound of the roar of the crowd and Saints fans are the loudest of them all! We love our team.
(3)

Need,

No way in heck do I think someone as smart as Sean went to that org with the number 1 priority to fix Russ. His role is to put his foot down harder on Russ.
(2)

Peggy,

I am not familiar with the Broncos. You know more about them than I do.

I wish Sean well. I think that the team as a whole will improve with Sean as their coach. It will be interesting to see the Broncos play with Sean as their coach.

Our team definitely needed to be fixed! We were big time losers before Sean and Drew showed up!
(2)

Peggy,

I love baseball. As a kid I watched baseball on television with my grandfather. He was a Yankees fan.

We don’t have to baseball team. I go to college games because that is all we have here.

I wish that we had a team here. I could fly to Texas to watch the Astros play. That is the closest team for me.
(1)

I think Russell Wilson should have gone. I think the only reason he isn't is because of the huge cash investment there has been in him. But, you would think there is an out for the team in Wilson's contract.

I am so hoping that Sean Payton can straighten the Broncos out! Last year was just plain embarrassing after all the money thrown at Wilson and his own private office! No more special treatment for that brat!

Sean, at least, took Wilson's private office and closed it permamently!. No more special treatment for him under Payton! Wlson is just too full of himself! I do not like him, not one little bit! I didn't like Elway either. Both too big of heads!I

That was fun watching Deion and Peggy. He went to meet her at her home soon after he got to Boulder. 98 year old Peggy and her twin sis were huge Buff fans! The sister passed just in the last year or two, very hard on Peggy. Those twins were quite well recognized as Buff fans!💟💟
(2)

Carrie Walton grew up like a block over from us in Boulder. My sister and her were friends in junior high. Super Bowl 1978, Broncs vs Dallas, was the first time I watched football.

So I feel your pain, eVen as I became a Seahawks fan long since (ducks) but I’ve observed Russ from the beginning. The way to deal with him is what Payton’s doing.
(4)

Just to let people know that I can't log into my golden23 account so I started a new one for back up. I have pmed the AC moderator that my old account needs to be fixed.
(4)

This site is crazy! Not only could I not login but I couldn’t even receive an email to reset my password.

This just happened a minute ago. Then I tried again and it worked. I think AgingCare is hexed! LOL 😆

So, if I don’t reply to anyone, please know that I can’t login or post.

Ahhhh…Now it’s your turn Golden! Geeeeez…
(3)

While went out for my walk I was inexplicably logged out and then unable to log back in (password rejected), but now here I am again 🤷🏻‍♀️

Stacey's hacker worries are starting to sound more legitimate because it sure seems like somebody is messing with us.

Oh, I wasn't able to create a new account either, even with a different email and browser.
(4)

Glad, I’m optimistic but tempered in my expectations of their program this year. Oregon’s and Washington’s qbs almost went pro. UCLA’s just worked out with Patrick Mahomes. USC’s already won the Heisman.

Very tough.

And then you add to it that the Buffs’ qb is Deion’s personal kid. Deion is programmed to favor his own kid and everyone knows, which is why all the qbs on their roster entered transfer portal.
(2)

Well, like cwillie, I'm back, Barb was off earlier today Hope she is back too.
(3)

cwille,

Me too. Password rejected! Then poof! Here I am. It’s crazy!
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter