Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Pam, sending good thoughts your way for your Mom. Hope she is home soon. On a positive note, sounds like your Mom didn't get any delirium issues as so many elders tend to get when they are in the hospital.

And what is it with elders and not cleaning their glasses? I remember my Dad was complaining he wasn't seeing very clearly.... well, yah, who could with all those finger prints covering the lenses.
(2)

Mom is home, and today her vision is almost back to normal, and her hand is much better too. She was raring to go! Got her home, she was able to shower by herself, and even did most of her eye drops. Just can't work the ciggy lighter so that will slow down the smoking. She wanted her wine, but decided on a baileys instead ( I mix one shot with 1 C milk over a lot of ice, so it is really weak) I said we don't want to overload her kidneys already! ( her DR is still ok with a small wine). Didn't fight me too much on the eating.. she gets the drift now,, be good or be gone! So now we await the call from home care for the set ups, and I had to redo all her pills,, but we are on the way!
(11)

Pam, thanks for sharing such good, positive and encouraging news!   I'm so glad for you, your mother and your family that she recovered so quickly.
(1)

You poor thing - loosing sleep, wonder how much sleep your mom lost with you. Why didn’t you make sure your mom drank plenty of water - your Dr. will tell you how much she needs. Just care.
(0)

Leftalonemom, Your criticism of this daughter and your recommendations are totally unnecessary. This daughter is a registered nurse who knows exactly what her mother needs. Her mother lives with her. She and her husband are with her all the time except when she goes to visit other family. The caregivers on this forum all take care if their parents. If you don’t know the whole story, don’t make negative comments. Perhaps you need to spend some time talking to your children about why they don’t want to help you.
(6)

Leftalonemom, your comments and your attitude are both unnecessary here. Please take a careful look at the way you speak to others. Just because you are anonymous online does not mean you get to abuse and bully people.
(4)

LeftAloneMom, read the OP's original post.  Note that she observed her mother was outside the window for tPA, a powerful med given for blood clots.    Some of us may know the window for administration, but I think that Pam's observation of that, as well as her analysis of what else might be going on, is an insight into her medical analytical abilities.

"Giving water" is I think a dubious suggestion for stroke prevention, which is what Pam analyzed while moving on to consider other medical conditions.    

I too find offense in your attitude.   If you spend time here, you'll learn that Pam responds to many posters in need, with good, solid medical advice.   Now she has a situation to deal with for her mother; she deserves reciprocated support, like she's given to others.
(5)

Ah,, thank you all for the love! Leftalone dosen't know me, or my area of expertise (LOL) 22 years in a neurological ICU. ( yep I'm old) Mom is stubborn, hard to get her do anything she doesn't want too,, like eat or drink! But she is on her best behavior now.. I got 3 small meals into her, healthy and low sodium. That is 1 1/2 more than normal! And 2 big glasses of water, her coffee and a small wine as we speak. She goes to her regular Dr on Thursday, and home health is coming this week.. so we are on the road to recovery I think. Her hand is much better, except for her thumb so I think she hit her hand during her fall and her Dr will check that out.
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter