Follow

I ran across this on archive org.
The Lady Anne is populated entirely by guests over 75 and a couple in their 30s get on. The whole ship mobilizes with passengers offering $10,000 dollars for them to disembark. I have seen Regent cruises going for less in 2024, which makes it that much more valuable in 1963 and prescient.
The young couple embark, are embraced by the oldsters who themselves were newlyweds on the ship, and eventually rediscover their love. They are then forced off the ship onto a lifeboat by oldsters sailing away to “a better port, in the Twilight Zone.”
In other words, the last thing the children should preoccupy themselves with is their parents’ dementia journey. This same theme is referenced in Kick the Can.
If your cranky senior grew up in America, they watched this series. Remind them of what the rules still should be.

Maybe those looking to fix old
watched the movie Cocoon .
(1)

There is such a thing as immersive nostalgia therapy, and this whole series was during their youth. The overwhelming theme is that it’s not on the young to fix the old.
(2)

I will have to find these two episodes to watch. Thanks, PeggySue!
(1)

That's actually cute. Probably wouldnt help change them, they are so dead set in there ways, but ya never know
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter