Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Well Cap my failure is that yesterday after I took my daughter to airport so she could go home....I fell...drank my beer and cried. Today is an accomplishment as I start day 1 all over again.
(1)

sharyn,
wish the h*ll i could have a beer.
been up all nite recording some more music. my computron blew up if ya remember. va in a couple of hours. i love that place, its full of cool , common folk. ww11 vets and such.. if the team gives me any crap i plan to stand lilly in the corner , stomp my foot and hiss at cassie, and SONDRA, let sondra make it up . shes old enough to take control..
doc bill still gets drop kicked clear to 46166 . heads up alison, arrogant phsyc doc coming over .
(2)

Had a failure today but I have forgotten what it was so that must be a sucess
(3)

Locked my cat in the laundry room because I need to get a urine sample from her (don't ask). Had her there for a few hours, she escaped when dad went in.. he and I caught her, put her back. Explained to Dad she HAS to stay in there. He went back in when I was not looking to (shave for the 4th time) and he left her outside... Oh well, tomorrow is another day...
(1)

Successes today:
-We are knee-deep in renovations to the house (refinishing floors and painting walls), so I am knee-deep in moving furniture and getting rid of clutter. Today I moved a pantry cabinet into the bedroom, bagged up yet another batch of my late Dad's clothing (darn, that's hard), and put several things in the van to go to Goodwill on my next trip there.

Failure: I didn't cook today - at all. Fast food, sandwiches and such. I hate days like this, but some days, my schedule just doesn't allow for cooking. Need to get groceries tonight, as there's nothing quick to fix in the house and we're out of fruit - again. I swear, mom's going to turn into a chimpanzee at the rate she goes through that stuff.
(1)

all my liver readings are that of a normal person except my ETOH , its dangerously low. the girls were pretty smiley , i think theyre having as much fun as i am .. came home from va , slept three hours and exploded a gmc truck all over the driveway . ugh , im not a body man . wait , of course i am , screw those slack joweled " parts changers " .. there ISNT a good time to bust a truck up and replace body parts so today is as good as any..
SONDRA lectured me about sun exposure and refusing to eat food . i just thumbed at lilly without looking at her and told sondra , " yea , ive been hearing all about it " .. told em there were people in the waiting room three times darker than myself . yea , ill implicate another race entirely to take the heat off of myself .. ( b**ches ) ..
extraordinarily hot looking b**ches , but still b**ches ..
i love them , theyre going to get tears out of me eventually and we all know it .. so far , pretty good though ..
(3)

Accomplishment: Went to Small Biz Admin to get feedback on my biz. It was positive and she gave me more leads. Used most of the day cleaning my desk and the desk spillover piles around my kitchen and living room. After an awful winter, I have some work now and made enough to catch up on bills, and plan dental work. Allergies were awful today: blurry vision, head aches, tearing, nose woes. Made a great dinner from a few ingredients, and am almost ready to take a break and see Mom in nearby apt.
Failure: when it was time to try an exercise class, I cooked and ate dinner! Nah, not today. Next week.
(3)

sometimes you make a good decision without even realizing it . i busted the small truck apart to replace body parts and only today i realized that edna hasnt contributed to fuel or meals for nearly 3 months. this is working out fine . we wont be going on the country rides for at least a week and maybe she'll stop being such a tightazz .. im kind but being taken advantage of a bit'
going all out with dinner tonight -- fried chicken livers . lol
(1)

I guess my success & failures today are one in the same:

Failure: Lost my cool with older sister who demanded my mother's 1/16 share in a gas well, which produces all of $400 a year in income for her, be bequeathed to her and my other 2 siblings upon mom's death, instead of being given to me, per mom's explicit wishes. Mom is still living, so it's not like this is going to happen anytime soon, but I am meeting w/attorney tomorrow about these things. Mom wanted me to have it to help support me after she's gone, because I'm the one caring for her now. I completely lost it and bawled like a baby for a while - was just so hurt. The gas well will be split between my 3 siblings - I'm stepping out of that one - they can have it. The other 2 sibs don't care what I do with it and were flabbergasted that older sis was being so pissy about it.

Success: I was brave enough to lose my cool with my sister over the above issue and speak my mind. I never would have done that before, but I guess I'm getting cantankerous in my old age. LOL I did calm down after a while, and am no longer seeing double of everything, and have managed to *almost* catch up on my work after losing about 2.5 hours to this nightmare. I think my BP is finally back down to a reasonable level.
(3)

susan,
i had a customer a couple years back refused to give me a draw , tried to use my draw to leverage me to get his work done quicker . i told him i wouldnt continue working and extending credit to him , pay me up . after sending him the email to that effect i went back to newsing around on the web . read a story by a self made successful businessman . he said , # 1 , stand up for yourself or youll get stomped .
yea, thats what i thought.
the customer in a few minutes wrote back , apologised , and left me a check . i made his deadline anyway and the work was really nice ..
so yea, being nice is wonderful up to the point someone tries to climb atop of your head .
(3)

EPIC FAILURE: It snowed in Chicago today. Mother Nature is on my bad side at the moment.

Accomplishment: Got a doctor's appointment for dad handled this morning. Dad's going on blood pressure meds and then we have to go back in a month and see how his BP responds to the meds. There's nothing I can do about him having health issues, so sooner I get them dealt with and stabilized, the sooner I'm *hoping* the med appointment activity will subside… And someone's coming later to put whole house generator back in operating condition, that will be one more thing checked off my never ending To-Do list. :-)
(2)

im pleased with today . got my truck torn apart , have paid a body shop , plus a tip , to get my parts . he doesnt care enough to answer his phone . i reordered the parts off of ebay . ill take a 300 .00 loss before ill let him upset me . flipping out would get me taken off of hepc treatment . aint makin that mistake again ..
ednas tired of sitting around her apartment . shoulda thought of that while shes been running and having breakfast every day at my expense for 3 months now . she aint too old to learn a lesson about using people..
my brain is working well , i aint to be f' ed with..
(1)

oldest son wrote and apologised for pushing me out of his life for a few years. i wrote back and told him that im such a belligerant control freak that i should apologise to him , but i wont because im a belligerant control freak . lol
he has a right to push dad away and live his own life ,lve got wide shoulders , im undamaged..
(5)

HYMMMN,
HYMMMN ,
lol, you know the song by now..
(0)

Alison~ Snow? Even flurries can be discouraging after such a snowy winter! I don't mind a heavy snowfall but would prefer it melt away after a few days. The southern states are looking better all the time. My husband and I talk about moving south but leaving our children and grands wouldn't be easy. Living next to the ocean with family close would be heaven..:)
(1)

Shaking~So sorry you fell, wow...maybe a nightlight will help...it can't use that much energy can it? I fell a week ago Thursday but for different reasons. I was drinking, the yard waste can fell on me cutting my forehead open. I refused to go to ER for it since I was drinking. It was not gaping open so I know they would not stitch it, most likely they would use glue. Anyway, it has healed up nicely, even my hubby was impressed and agreed that not going was probably the right thing. However, it gave me a wake up call about my drinking. I fell off the wagon on Monday, but am back on it since. My accomplishment is today is day 4. Yay!!!
(3)

Sharyn~ Sending lots of positive thoughts your way and wishing you the best in your journey toward sobriety! ~Summer
(2)

Thank you Summer, it is funny how something can sneak up on us like a drinking problem that started out so casual. In the past 5 months, I have fallen 3 times, this last time was a real wake up call when I saw the horror on my dear hubbys face as I stood in the kitchen covered in blood. I don't want to see that look on his face again. Thank you so much!! Hugs to you.
(3)

~Shaking, Speedy recovery! Try keeping a flashlight next to your bed..:)
(0)

Your right Sharyn and it's important for you to know that you are not alone. Find help as it is often too easy to fall back into old habits. Your worth it! ~Summer
(3)

I got my lawn mowed today, in spite of my knew that is swollen and hurting...and ran out of gas. I can't put more gas in til the mower cools off, so time will tell if that little one by two foot patch gets finished or not....right now not is looking pretty good...but I had a great visit with my aunt and uncle and got the yard mowed...a double bonus day.
(1)

Hey all. This page is better than the news, tv, and more entertaining than radio!
Success: keeping my emotions, temper, and mouth under control while being with my annoying and insulting mother. I have found more victory in my own self restraint and using firm boundaries, plus a good dose of detachment, rather than in defensiveness and lashing back. After an afternoon having lunch out and getting some groceries, she wants to know if we can go back out for some more errands.
Ok, now that's some proof she's losing it. We had already planned on that tomorrow. Well at 93, she's still doing relatively well. Hasn't had a fall yet.
and now she's totally obsessed with moving to an elderly village.
Failure: Got to get some hours in video editing today! Not failed yet...have to use restraint to write and share more stories or to read yours.
(1)

Major accomplishment. The bottom arm fell off my dishwasher so I collected all the pieces and took them to the local repair shop. They ordered the part and had it there late yesterday morning.
I am going to pick up my $5 part and make the repair myself. I am so proud of myself.
(7)

proud of ya , judda. i recieved a good adjustment recently while talking with my current customer. hes a very impressive and brilliant person. i wasnt gossiping because i was bitchin about this silly renter to someone who didnt know her and would never meet her . i saw
mike " grimmace slightly , start to comment , then aborted the comment with a wry grin. how cool . if he cant say something good he chose to not comment at all .. good policy , i learned from it ..
(3)

dusty , im as cheap as they come but ive never slept without a night lite . the modern LED ones dont burn a penny a day.. not a tradition bulb -- light emitting diodes ..
(2)

veronica , with google and even moreso , youtubes help, youd be amazed at the home repairs you can do . ive fixed autos , furnaces , air conditioners , dryers , and saved enough money buying parts online to pay the internet bill every month and sometimes multiple times a month..
example ; electric fuel pump in town -- 300 bucks . american made fuel pump , motor only , online -- 20 bucks , free delivery ..
(2)

Yay! Veronica91!!! Awesome! Isn't that the best feeling in the world!!! I repaired our kitchen sink recently and saved myself about 85 bucks...Did the repair for around 2.99!! It is such a wonderful feeling!!! You go girl!!!!
(2)

im sorry dusty but you sound like homer simpson sometimes . everything is a mess and its everybodys fault but yours. if you go thru life thinking you have the " real " answers and everyone else is a deluded , lost sinner its going to affect all your relationships to include business ones . this isnt at all about me but ill put my heathen personal morals up against your any day .. i like you , just trying to help .. the church is going to tell you anything you want to hear that will result in your continued mambership and contributions . i have no hidden agenda , nothing to gain or lose . ill tell you what i think . label me anything you want but fyi , i have a documented iq of 130 . that aint shabby ..
(5)

Yay!!! I finally tackled the job of moving all the furniture out of the den (where Mama was) and pulling all the carpet and scrub scrub scrubbing that floor and it is so clean and I am so happy. I sang the whole time I did it and kept Mama laughing so she wouldn't get concerned I was up to something else...got through just in time to feed her lunch and am now enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee and breathing fresh, clean air and admiring my hard work.....I know this is not a big deal to most but it has been something I needed to do for a spell, and I just finally got er done!!! wooo hoooo!!!!
(6)

Dusty, mercy friend, we do have days like that don't we. I think all of us can identify whether we admit them or not...saying a prayer for you and hope you get some rest and are able to enjoy the rest of your weekend.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter