Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
im not the tinkering type. i get my ducks in a row then pour on major projects, like the homemade truck bed. now im conserving energy at home for the 6 new body panels that are coming for the small truck . life is difficult without a partner , one has to just hit the highlights and let some things slide..
i somehow managed to knock spell check in the head so theres one less annoyance . i think ill make sweet rice and pineapple for edna and i .
its my party and ill misspell if i want to , misspell if i want to , etc..
(2)

a spider has ran about 4 different single strands from the walls to the crapper. i was gone for 6 years so i can see where he thinks im intruding , but still -- does this megalomaniac really think he can pull this off ?
(3)

you housetrained your spider?
(1)

no ypiffani , i think hes entertaining the notion of trapping and eating me. hes evidently been in the catnip or something..
(2)

That spider intends to trap the flies clustering around the commode. If there are none, he will hide under the seat and bite your axx when you least expect it.
(2)

Yah, I agree with yaya51 about Captain. We are all learning from each other. I love hearing from Captain. Our uniqueness and perspectives and ways to express ourselves is such a boon to my days.

Today I rode through another MamaTrauma. Currently, she is now obsessed with moving into a new senior housing place. It doesn't appeal to me at all so she is using all her manipulative weapons to try to get me to move there too! I politely said no and she had a tantrum. I have gotten firm, and matter-of-fact without being defensive. She said she can't stand me now! ha! These days she doesn't scare me anymore. I know now I don't have to play the game.
My job, if I choose, is to take her to get the basics, treat her to something nice on holidays, and if she wants to be nasty to me, home she goes.
Before I was on this site I was very passive and whimpy with her. I'd come home and be furious at myself and her for hours and days. No more.
Thank you all for your sharing your lives and struggles.
(7)

Never got the jug..

So I guess I'm a failure!!
(0)

Judda why would she think you would even conside moving with someone who can not stand you - well i guess it is the disease - explains everything.
(1)

not a failure a @ a . just horrible priorities. he he
got rained out of work today. gonna take edna her sausage biscuit sandwich and pineapple rice. im dreading it . i think the IL facility will be buzzing like a bee hive with loving family since its mothers day. i see precious few visitors on a day to day basis to include weekends. hope they dont notice my grimmace or gritting teeth..
i cant stop being a judgemental d*ck or a control freak . i gave it a week , screw it ..
(2)

Cap I agree about IL buzzing but I highly doubt they will be loving family..LOL

The weather doesn't look to go here Tues-Sat and it looks like it's coming from your way.. I hope it moves quickly so you can get back at it...
(0)

Capt that spider would soon change his mind!!!!
(1)

Kudos to my mother for not making me miserable today and getting over her temper trantrum. We went food shopping and then she helped me find nice clothes for my new work opportunities. I paid for it all and sadly she only found one small item she liked for herself. For mother's day I gave her a dvd I made of a concert we went to that I shot and edited. She was very happy with that. Whew! She loves fashion and clothes, even at 92, so she enjoyed helping me find my new clothes.
Our favorite place to go is a local thrift store clothes boutique. I only blew about a hundred bucks and got enough stuff to revamp my wardrobe.
I believe I am size F: a size 10 with a lot of flab. Time to go back to an exercise class. Now that I arranged transportation for my mother I can actually attend a cheap exercise class in our town: Tai Chi, Yoga, or all round fitness. Goal is to try one of them this week: only $3 a class at the local senior center. No excuses now.

Was a good day. I am feeling so much better about my life. Just a few months ago I was so depressed I didn't know myself anymore. I think the big helper was to post an ad on Craigslist for drivers for Mom. She loved meeting new people: some she totally scared away, but I have a nice list she can go through.

She is now totally obsessed with moving to a senior housing center and I am staying where I am: happy and relieved we won't live in the same apartment complex, and that she is learning to not depend on me. Her dependency and behaviors were making us both miserable. I understand that she is mentally ill in many ways, and that she also has a lot of functioning left too. Am learning to let go of the unhealthy behaviors of us both and be determined to be a peaceful, happy person, no matter what.
So far, this is really working!
a happy person has a lot more love to give than a miserable one!
(6)

happy for you and mom , judda . hopefully we all grow every day if were paying attention.
A & A ,
having a heck of a storm here right now. sadly i cant even hear it in my bunker.
i had a small success today. took an old rear cab cowl that came off the gmc and made a nice windshield awning out of it. been kickin it around in my head for weeks. good planning made it a snap. it only took an hour..
same red / black paint on it and the old chevy. its getting very recognizable.
took edna for a little drive this eve. a road shes never been on. ( since last week )
(2)

im a remnant, h*ll ill pray for you. to the god of thunder , na na na na , and rock and ro -o-ol..
kidding dusty. i hope you get some of your problems settled down.
i managed 5 work hours today, was pretty shot at three but soldiered on. when your muscles dont get enough o2 some kind of acid accumulates in your muscles and they dont work well . you actually begin stumbling around and tripping over things.. if my homoglaven gets too low theyll give me a couple transfusions of whole blood . hope the blood is demon possessed. me and them demons could have a great time screwing with each other.
(2)

a persons conscience is a powerful animal , dusty . if one is living within those range markers thats a full time job . chances are they dont have time for a church and its pointless ritual .. i dont see the difference between a group of people singing hymns and a group of savages dancing around a fire . its all ritual and a self serving distraction from the business of making the world a better place. i have sisters who are religious . imo , they cant see the forest for all the dam trees in the way ..
(1)

but yea , live and let live . sisters are content in that theyve seen the light. i raise the bar on myself every day..
ill race them from the cradle to the grave.. we both end up as dust . ill just have had a h*ll of a lot more fun..
(2)

Dusty don't be fooled by the Captain's gruff twisted comments. He's a big old pussy cat inside but beware he hasn't had his claws removed
Yesterdays accomplishment was getting some dusting done. My muscles get weaker all the time but the good news is I have finally got an appointment with a neurologist. that is after the MRI of my neck and endoscopy to try and pinpoint the reason for swallowing difficulties. After that back to the spine pain guy who thinks he can help my 3 year old shingles neuralgia. Ah well we all have our crosses to bear.
(2)

im not giving dusty a hard time , just pointing out that there are many different belief systems in this world , none more or less credible than another. the pope ( tongue in cheek ) , even agreed with my concept recently . " just be nice " was the bulk of his message. between the lines i read ; and join my church , theyre about to repo my dress ..
(1)

note to self ; man you suck even when your'e being civil..
(3)

Hard o get accomplishments done when my mind is on my sick brother and my sick cat but did get some cleaning done and hired my granddaughter to do some also. Captain you keep things interesting for sure and lighten my load nicely.
(1)

finished one large portion of my stone job today. 35 freakin ton of stone bars .
got my new truck fenders today , gonna visit va tomorrow then take a couple days for the fenders.
now i gotta go listen to " god of thunder " by kiss .
been bugging me all day.
(1)

Successful day with Mom: took her to get a computer battery and then we decided to go out to Boston Market for dinner. We hadn't been there for almost a decade. Although we both felt bloated afterwards we did enjoy the rarity of eating like that. Yesterday as the Spring was bringing on the birds and new leaves we each had gone into our apartments and cleaned out our wardrobes. She gave me a bag of hers to try on if I wanted anything. Some things went to the garbage but many I kept, so that was nice.
I had some computer and camera problems but solved the issues.
Failure: oh yeah, another day of no exercise, outside walk, and probably no meditation. Got to edit videos and make some bucks to pay for upcoming dental work.
Note to self: woman, get thee to an exercise class. Look like a cow from the side.
(3)

man , just fixed my fridge. been icing up , fridge portion wont stay cold enough. just had a fan locked up in the freezer compartment. cleaned up and oiled the fan and shes workin great. getting energy and reasoning power back . my blood has been so full of virus and murdered blood cells that i havent been getting enough o2 for 25 yrs.. aint no tellin what might happen around here..
thanks gilead pharm / va ..
(3)

I like this thread - somewhere to celebrate the good and whine a little about the bad without judgement. :-)

Successes today: I managed to roll out of bed at a relatively early hour and got laundry started, took care of the critters (dog, cat and 2 birds), made breakfast before 10am, which is saying a LOT, given my schedule and nailed down some decent billable hours with my clients.

Failures today: Didn't exercise much at all, other than going out to rake a little in the yard and doing laundry/dishes. Didn't get any housework done, work schedule with my clients was too busy, but I'm working on it!

Juddha, I think you and I may have been separated at birth. lol I keep telling myself there's no longer any excuse for not walking with the dog - the 3' of snow we had on the ground and multiple inches of ice on the road are long gone, and the weather is gorgeous. I've got to 'just do it', but I'm also working about 12 extra hours a week to help finance the renovations to the house and vacation...and I have to sleep sometime! Worked til almost 2am today, slept until 6:45am, then back up again...fading fast here. Maybe a walk would help. hmmm...
(1)

Not sure if this is a shameful failure or something of an accomplishment: I seem to have offended all three of my children in one go. A Facebook friend posted what I thought was an amusing banner that said "my children accuse me of having favorites, which is insane because I don't really like any of them." Tee hee hee, I thought. So I shared it.

Oops. I don't think I'll be getting any Mother of the Year awards this decade.
(3)

bahahaaaaa! Countrymouse, that was FABULOUS! I'm laughing my butt off over here.

I always told my kids when they became obnoxious teenagers and young adults and got themselves into trouble...."you know, I love you, and I always will - that's my job as your mom. But there's no law on the books that says I have to LIKE you, and right now, I don't!"

Last year, when my daughter moved in with her boyfriend and became an instant mom to his very rebellious teenagers, she called me one day, with an abject apology about everything she'd ever done to me when she was a teenager. LOL

Karma is not always a bad thing.
(5)

when i started wearing a beret in my beard it embarrassed my youngest son. how often do you get to embarrass your kid ? yes it keeps my beard out of my eyes while bike riding but that doesnt explain why i wear it in the wintertime. it bugs the kid , thats reason enough..
lol , mouse AND susan..
(2)

Haha Countrymouse! Hilarious!
Susan, my daughter (33) is a single mom with a 14 yr. old son and she's constantly apologizing to me.....it's WONderful!
(3)

yaya51 - I find it so funny that she calls me and complains of kids not doing homework, being rebellious and mouthy, not wanting to help watch their younger siblings so she can make dinner, and then not wanting to eat the dinner she made....I just sit there and listen and try NOT to say, "Not fun, is it?" LOL
(2)

im waiting for " blunt man " to ask me for money . hes not going to , he knows where were at right now.. i dont mind bad habits but choking down an entire pot cigar is just silly . i refused to lend him a truck back during the winter. told him hes smoked enough weed in 6 months to buy two used trucks. isnt parenting fun ?
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter