Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
someone mentioned snow again in indiana this coming sunday. this stopped being funny a long time ago.
i cant nap anymore emjo. its a drag because on days off i physically need to lay around and heal but napping doesnt happen.
im gonna go to town and check up on my precious few relationships today. probably end up taking edna for the drive. her doc actually " prescribed" the rides. i guess sitting around in a fog aint very healthy for a person.
got my trk bed finished up yesterday. its a little crude looking but indestructable. i dont do meticulous fabrication. i just overengineer and get the results. the led lighting is sharp. it makes the dot think you give a dam. the self employed dont actually make money, we just let the tax man buy us nice equiptment.
(3)

lost my helper ( mickey ) today. hes got a bricklaying gig in bloomington. he said the only kid he could recommend to me id kill in one hour, then he changed it to 45 minutes. its his sense of humor ill miss i suppose. oh well, ive worked alone for the most part for years. those pyramids in egypt, the taj mahal. yep, built them all without helper number one. my kid will be back eventually but neither of us are chomping at the bit to see that happen. in any relationship one, then hopefully the other, has to give a bit. neither of us back down any more. ive recreated myself and frankly the creation (and the original )blows..
(2)

When you are determined to find the cause of the chronic diarrhea she has dealt with for sixty years or more. Willing to try anything. Doc suggests probiotic, you think whatever, and eliminate butter and the frequency is much decreased and haven't had a mess in a couple of months now!

For those of you that also deal with this, I purchased a Walgreens brand in a green and white box, blister packaging, and in capsule form if you need to sprinkle on food!

HOORAY!
(1)

Glad eliminating a lot of other fats from the diet also helps (fellow sufferer)
(1)

This was actually yesterdays accomplishment. Saw a wonderful indian dr about the possibility of my difficulty swallowing being connected to O/A in my neck. he saw me in two days after a personal request of the Indian GI dr I had just seen. Now they are trying to get me an early appointment with a neurologist. it is wonderful to find physicians who really care ans are competent. (and I am picky)
(1)

ive worked about 15 days in a row. only 5 hr days but really physical work. finally reached my limit this am. went home after 2 hrs, rain day tomorrow. nurse warned me against overdoing it but she knows in her heart ill do the opposite of what she says.. at the end of 7 more weeks i plan to pick up and juggle all three girl docs.. he he
prob'ly just drop kick doc bill to another time zone. annoying prick !!
(0)

treatment team = captain bringdown and the buzz kills. the buzz kills are pretty f - in hot..
(0)

i solved the sinkfull of dirty dishes thing, dusty. i threw them all away cept for one fork , two spoons, a skillet , spatula , a freaking beer mug and my bread sheet. i keep it in the fridge, never wash it..
if i meet a girl she can use the fork. ill put a couple serrations in my hobo knife..
(1)

You guys are the best entertainment and education!
Ok: accomplishment: I took Mom to a gig where I showed my documentary. It was a long drive and her ceaseless talk was meaningless to me and annoying but I didn't let it get to me today. The presentation was at a retirement community where I knew there was a woman my mother would enjoy speaking German to. That was worth it. The movie went well and afterward we ate out. The dinner was fine and she enjoyed it: even though she has to comment and complain about everything in her over dramatic way. I just laughed and felt good knowing I was doing something nice for her and working on overcoming all my knee-jerk reactions. It was like a homework assignment, kind of . On the way home there was tons of traffic. I took side roads and still tons of traffic but we both enjoyed the bright spring landscape.
Her endless chatter made me so happy to be home and too busy to see her til Mother's Day. We got along well: that means no fighting.

Captain: you're quite a card! Your unique views and language spice up this site.
I like your tough shield and kind heart style.
(1)

Now for the sinkful of dirty dishes.
(1)

I finally finished "Spring cleaning" today, in doors and out. What used to take me a week, took me 5 weeks this year. Now maybe I can get to the Christmas projects I haven't finished yet. sigh
(1)

Got home to find my bathtub is backed up with gray water and smells like an outhouse! I hate this apartment!
(0)

i had a humorous thought recur out of the blue today. i told mickey a few weeks ago that id probly have better luck with the " hors " if id stop ignoring their sidelong glances . he told me id have better luck if id stop calling em " hors " .
god bless him, hes just trying to help me out.
(2)

im booze abstinate dusty. its earth in h*ll on earth.
fyi, jesus aint coming back. he got bored with this crack party 1100 yrs ago. hes living on a rock just 10 minutes from the big bang epicenter and collecting faberge eggs. the cat has snapped iz what im getting at..
its midnight. unlimited data is free. im going to scarf some ambien , listen to some floyd and fall asleep standing in the rain..
(1)

What happened to 2012? Did He miss the bus?
(4)

Or for that matter, 2000?

My childhood pastor declared from the pulpit that Jesus would return before the year 2000. Then a lot of His followers thought he might make appearance for the Millennium celebrations…
(2)

just funnin with ya dusty. i respect peoples right to personal beliefs. you seem tolerant of my right not to believe and thats a good thing imo .
i havent done anything today but rest . well , took edna a doughnut and beans and C - bread. shes getting pretty eccentric. lies as bad as g w bush ..
(1)

EDNA for CONGRESS!!
(3)

Don't drink the Kool-Aid......
(2)

ednas daughter can be in the restroom and edna hasnt seen her for days. man , im prepared to be the bad cop occasionally to keep daughter out of trouble. daughter took edna to linton to visit G G - kids last week then a G - son took her out for an afternoon , the next day she told me shes sick of sitting around her appt. somebody get this lying sack a ticket on a space shuttle..
( one way )
(3)

Just would like to add that I also respect one's right to personal belief, personal choices to have faith or not…

...I also respect my right to roll my eyes in private. This might qualify as my Failure for not being more mature.

Hugs to all! Happy Friday! Its finally nice weather here in south Chicago, I am so very grateful. That's a big Accomplishment.
(3)

im only being nice because im on a personal quest to stop being such a judgemental d* ck . your beliefs are fine with me. see , im making progress already..
i want to spend eternity wherever it is that the original lynnerd skynerd band ended up . i dont like rednecks but " whiskey rock - a - rolla " is a timeless classic.. gonna listen to it right now, thats how spontanious i am..
(3)

It's amazing how addictive this site can be.

(4)

i never intend to give up booze entirely. its a QOL issue. im just behaving to accomodate the nurses who are treating me ( successfully ) for hepc. as for longivity , i could die tomorrow and still have the last laugh. ive had 55 years of meaningful life . that beats a hundred years of dread and debt - slavery..
wher'd i get hepc from ? crammin junk in my arm. no regrets here. ive lived , loved , parented and now tending to my elders. good life. gonna get better. in 6 weeks im gonna get trashed on everclear and , well , just lay low with that haley - bop comet s**t cause i aint gonna be in a frame of mind to go along with it..
(2)

My accomplishment today is refraining from comment on any and all theological/philosophical/end-of-times discussions, no matter HOW much my brain wants to explode. I too, deeply and sincerely believe in the freedom of all to practice whatever faith we feel a true connection with.

My failure....well...I'll just say Allison and I share a similar weakness.

Captain, I think you are a very old soul that has seen many lifetimes. You are one wise, strong-a** dude...or is that one strong, wise-a** dude....?
(3)

Oh yaya I agree...
Accomplishment is to try and get out of here to get to the packy(liquor store) and buy a jug..

Failure will be if I DON'T finish it!
(3)

I have to admit, Facebook has taken second place these days for me. I find that I have a lot more in common with the folks who peep in here than those on Facebook who are mostly involved in showing pics of their vacations (what's a vacation), talking about their new hairdo (you need to see my old one right now) where they're going this weekend ( three guesses where I'll be this weekend) etc etc....happy for them, but all of that is not my life these days...and most of them, who used to be friends, dropped me like a hot potato years ago, once they saw I was going to be tied up for a while.....

Oops, my accomplishment for the day is going to be taking a bag of non perishables to the mailbox for the food drive this weekend....
(6)

Shakingdust if you find the site boring then move on. many people come with the need for help and once that is solved have no more use for the site and move on.
There is a core of people who continue to keep in touch because they have something to give to others and have become friends. It is a personal choice but remember the time and effort people put into into their postings. It is very dissappointing when people move on and don't at least say goodbye and let us know about their out come. so goodbye if you are leaving and good luck for the future.
This is not the right place for this but you did post your comments here
(7)

this site can get rather overwhelming with the crazy and the lives postponed to caregiving . thats why we try to find humor anywhere we can . the site is full of lovely , mature people as opposed to the hepc site i used to hang out on -- it keeps me from reading too much news too .
dusty , we all have nonconsual sex fantasies , its why i sleep with my door wide open . lol ..
i worked today but was on my face in 3 hours. dont care, the retainment walls are beautiful . ya cant rush beautiful..
now its iced coffe and rage , wacken , 2013 concert time.
AA - LIVE , but DE EAD !!
(2)

I have returned. And I have to admit I was so very excited when the mail carrier picked up my bag of non perishables for the food pantry! yay! I feel like I contributed in some minute way to the rest of the world today. I got so excited I donned my yard clothes, my hedge clippers, my pruning scissors and headed out to the great outdoors aka my yard. I finished one tiny (and I do mean tiny) clean up project...immediately started getting tired, but forced myself onward....managed to tidy up the lower yard a bit and even cleaned up behind myself...still it is surprising how that tad of work wore me out. I used to mow, clip, rake, trim, prune and plant an almost three acre property a few years back and yearn for more....ah well, I did accomplish something, made a tiny contribution and so am about to get me a good hot cup of coffee and get ready for the night routine....
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter