Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I'm hitched to a cloud, maybe I'll see you as I float by.   I guess autocorrect is being a bully today. 
(2)

Oh Sharyn,
Too late.....Today I have hitched my wagon to a star.
(2)

Uranus!! Wait for the meteor shower Send!!
(2)

Don't trust the website clock.
As for me, you did not hear of my recent move to the planet
Uranus? Where hubs and I get all our important information,
his personal clock is tuned to the world of Oz.
(4)

I think Send travels the globe at night 
(1)

Send where on earth is it midnight 15 hours ago when it is 6pm EST?
(1)

Midnight, just checking in before bed. Goodnight everyone!
(1)

There was a story several years ago about a son caring for his difficult mom - I believe here in California - it was super bowl Sunday and the mom wouldn't let him watch the game - finally, in frustration he put her in the tub and squirted her with cold water - well, you can tell the story didn't end well for either of them .......
(3)

I like your winking finger cwillie~
(3)

Oooo, somehow I totally I missed that the mother died. I can understand them wanting to charge him with something, but manslaughter does seem too harsh and it appears the jury agrees.
(2)

Oo, no, Ali, they didn't drop it! He was brought to trial on a charge of manslaughter - which from my extensive tv viewing I think equates to second degree murder? - but acquitted by the jury which found him not guilty. I'll look it up in the morning and see if the judge had anything to say about it.
(1)

Reading. Could not help but notice the absence of siblings on Christmas Eve, leaving a man on medications after he had a breakdown to care alone for his difficult mother for years. Sounds too too familiar.
(4)

What a sad case, CM, I hadn't heard of it but read some just now. A much put upon caregiver tries to gain a bit of distance between himself and source of the distress, accidentally resulting in the elder's injury. I've been there. My father was never injured but I've had to get distance before when we're snarking at each other. Of course, when you're the one taking care of things, and giving so much, you hope that the elder will be somewhat grateful but... my dad wasn't grateful. He would say to others sometimes that he was grateful for me, but he never said it to me.  I only heard others tell me that supposedly he said this... and honestly, seemed more like "show timing" for their sake then actual recognition that I was greatly helping him.   And trying to get him to do *anything* for his own good, or to help around the house, the house he insisted on staying in...  It seemed like all I ever heard from him was a complaint, a criticism.  

Of course we all can relate to that poor caregiver. I'm glad they dropped the case. He seems like a very nice man, to take care of his mom for 10 years.
(3)

Update on the Christmas roast potato manslaughter case: the caregiver, Mark Jennens, was found not guilty, cleared by the jury. His sister Dawn, who has stood by him, is quoted as saying: "There was no public interest in this case."

I'm betting she actually had quite a lot more to say than that, and that it was a lot ruder about the Crown Prosecution Service (who make all decisions about whether or not to bring cases to trial); but my newspaper seems to have lost interest in the story and only gave it a paragraph or two. The man's had this charge hanging over him since January 2016.

I think there must be a legitimate public interest in the CPS being required to explain their decisions when they cause controversy. They're supposed to decide on the basis of a) public interest and b) a realistic prospect of securing a conviction. I for one would like to know which they thought applied here.
(2)

I"ll take the fried chicken, corn and fries.
I won't fight Ali for the Kale salad.
Maybe the Cole slaw for some green stuff.
We had scallops, baked potato and green beans for dinner last night delicious my daughter is a good cook.
(5)

Salad on an airplane.
(2)

A vomit bag.......... hate Blue cheese dressing.
(3)

French fries dipped in Blue cheese dressing!
(1)

Corn on the cob,
fried chicken,
corn bread,
cole slaw,
mashed potatoes and gravy,
and
pumpkin pie for desert.

For Stacey, a trip to Vegas!
A green salad with chopped Kale for Ali.
(1)

pumpkin pie
(2)

Baby smell...the good kind
(1)

Babies cheeks
(1)

Fat butt  :-D  (I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering but it's true, all this delicious food talk makes me think of my fat and getting fatter butt!)
(1)

Chocolate pudding
(1)

OMG YOU GUYS, QUIT TALKING ABOUT FOOD, IT'S MAKING ME HUNGRY! IT KEEPS POPPING UP ON MY NEWS FEED, AND I'M TOO TIRED TO COOK DINNER! EATING CHIPS AND THE CHOCOLATE PUDDING I HAVE HERE FOR MY HOSPICE PATIENT, MY FIL, NOW BACK IN MY HOME!

NOW I'M GONNA TRY TALKING MY HUSBAND INTO GOING TO WENDY'S FOR A BURGER AND FRIES! LOL! OHEY, AND A CHOCOLATE FROSTY! YUMMY!

I LOVE YOU SEND! ❤
(4)

French fries
(1)

Fried Chicken!!!! :)
(1)

(butting in, sorry) The jokes on my wall came from a Reader's Digest article full of these great, short jokes about older people. I was cracking up so I posted a few. www dot rd dot com/jokes/old-age  Happy you liked them, Send!  Just good clean entertainment.  ;) 

Everyone survived the sturgeon moon intact?   It was beautiful and clear here, I had a good look at the moon.  In 13 days, it's the new moon and the global solar eclipse!  
(1)

Collard greens
(1)

Ham hocks
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter