Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
.................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................
I am listening.................................................. :)
Hugs!!!
(4)

A request.....
Can we, as caregivers offering support to posters, remember to appreciate the answers by caregiver friends on the forum?
This is done by clicking on " LIKE THIS' next to the little heart.
Have you ever posted, and you are the only zero "O" on the page?
Like this anyway!
Thanks for your consideration!
Hugs and Likes all around, today!
(5)

I'm having some strange dreams lately. Last night's dreams (just waking up here!) were alright, I dreamt I was traveling abroad, wandering around Paris, but like most dreams everything was a bit bizarro world. Well, it was nice to visit Paris, if only in my dreams. Sweet dreams, you late night Californians... zzzz
(2)

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(2)

(2)

MsMadge,
Well, won't that be a lovely addition to the confusion there!

How many times did our entire family go out late at night, looking for those grunnion?
(3)

Mom's roomie has the same name as Sis

The other night one of the staff went hurriedly to fetch mom's roomie for bed - another staff member noticed her hustle and asked her what's the rush - she said she heard the Viking calling for her - she let her know she could slow down, the Viking was looking for her daughter not her roomie - lol
(2)

The grunion are runnin
(2)

Maybe the hype for the eclipse is similar to hunting for 'snipe'.
(5)

Farmers with dairy cows aren't too keen on the eclipse.... once it starts to get dark, the cows will come home to the milking barn. It gets them all confused. I remember my Grandparents had what was called a "lead cow", and when she started back to the barn from the fields, the rest followed her.

Now for sleep, believe it or not, I listen to political talking heads, there is this one gentleman who comes on at 10pm and he has a quiet voice.
(4)

We got to our appt in Boise without getting lost this time. We were given eclipse glasses, lol!!
(4)

It much be catching. Although I was up at 4 AM to drive hubby to work, I uncharacteristically came home and went back to bed, slept and read for another three hours. Am know trying to motivate myself to go pick up my repaired sewing machine.
(4)

I am giving myself the day off. I am going to be unproductive and "watch the grass grow".
(3)

Today, at tea time, I am painting a wall and watching it dry. You are all invited, but it is free to watch the paint dry.
(4)

This is true Cwillie. Here in Idaho, Boise is having vans that will pick you up to bring you to the garden center to watch it. $45 per person. Now I don't know if they have special equipment available or not. Using the pin hole method is not exciting to me. I am curious what boise is offering but not enough to pay $45. People are flocking here from other states to view it, they may be disappointed due to cloud cover.
(1)

OK, I've never understood all the hype when there is an eclipse, you can't actually "see" anything without risking eye damage. Did you hear about the urgent recall from Amazon about some of the eclipse glasses they sold?! Not to mention is is a slow process, like watching paint dry.
(3)

Hey, Veronica dear,
Maybe I could borrow yours?

Love,from Send
(2)

Actually, the sound of running water makes one want to pee.

My friend was at her wits end with her Mom, constantly repeating "I can't pee!"

She asked me to go check on her, so I did, and ran the faucett water, pretending to wash my hands, she peed.

Problem was, her Mom had her call me that night to come back and help her pee! omg.
They had no idea what technique I used that helped her Mom pee. Thought I had some magic. lol.
(3)

I have wondered about those cd's. Lol!! I would be concerned I was being invaded by frogs!!! Maybe very soft rippling water by I think I would be invisioning the pool of water and the surrounding forest too much.

We may not see the eclipse due to cloud cover. What a shame that will be for people coming here from out of state. Of course my viewing will be done via tv as I no special equipment to use.
(1)

As for not sleeping, I tried to listen to relaxing forest, water and bird sounds last night.
After two hours, jumping up, said to myself, this is unbelievable that anyone would make a video, expect me to get sleepy listening to birds chirping out their good morning daytime songs!!! Sheesh!

Here in L.A.  county, it would be easier to fall asleep to fire dept., police, and ambulance sirens, helicopters overhead, gun shots or fireworks, and trains, like we're used to!
(2)

Lol!! A white moose. What a sight!! I haven't been sleeping well since we moved. I got up at 5:30 to get ready to go to DMV early. Get in line by 7:30. I rescheduled the appt in boise, lol!! I'm just very displaced haha!!
(0)

Yeah but, Sharyn, the eclipse will be visible from Idaho!

No one I know has been sleeping well at all this summer.

A rare white moose was seen (forget where) news at 5. What a rare sight!
(1)

What a day, after getting my Idaho liscense, went for appt in Boise and ended up so lost. Hubby won't stop for directions and just keeps driving getting us lost more. I was so stressed i had to sleep after we got home, lol!!!
(1)

Send you are sleeping backwards🙃🙃🙃!
(1)

Usually, I vacumn the kitchen floor, then mop.

This summer has been so hot that I too have crawled on top of the bed backwards, with my feet up on pillows, my head hanging nearer the air conditioning vent.
(3)

Ha ha, Veronica

I was thinking more of a Santa sleigh bringing comfort and joy to all
(5)

Ms Madge do you think Send has a broomstick?
(2)

I think I'm in a poppy field now

Just tried to help mom's roomie to bed three times but she insisted on getting in backwards with her feet on the pillows
(4)

My husband is tuned into Oz too Send....WAY "out there"!
(1)

Veronica,
The kindle clock and the alarm clock both say 5:00 p.m., that is, if they could talk.
in So. California.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter