Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Good Morning! Today can be better, what, if we just try harder? Or just go back to bed for two hours? Oh, I 've got one: Today can be better if pigs could fly? No, that's not it.

Today could be better if it just wasn't Monday.

I mean, it is going to be a really hot Monday!

Denny's is serving breakfast.
(2)

Happy early good Monday morning!!
(1)

Ms.Madge,
I don't remember where I was that year, but I think that I had already moved.
There is a reason they call it PTSD MsMadge.
(3)

Send,
You weren't here for the Whittier quake in October 1987?

Even though smaller in magnitude than Northridge, much closer to the epicenter and hence more damage - I was in the shower when it hit and it lasted so long and was so loud that I couldn't decide if I should run outside naked or try to ride it out - we were without gas and heat for about more than 2 weeks

Regardless of what the caltech scientists say, I always remember the weather being unseasonably hot when these big ones hit

I think it's gonna be cooler in Vegas this week than here 😳
(1)

SharynMarie...If that's the case,I guess I'll stagger on to bed which is still the couch for me.
(2)

We've had small earthquakes here in Vancouver too. They are always saying we are due for a big one. I've always been fascinated with extreme weather and that sort of thing. If we ever had a hurricane here I would most likely be one of the ones you see on the news standing on the beach in the middle of the storm.

We had a really bad wind storm here a few years ago and I stood with my bedroom window wide open watching all the transformers blowing. :)
(3)

Loma Prieta, knocked some things around in Manteca. It was a I know exactly what I was doing at that moment, moments.
(1)

Luckylu, got you mixed up with MsMadge. Time for bed, lol!!
(1)

My dogs knew.
(3)

Boy! Those were Big one's Send and I bet they are so scary,never knowing when one will hit.
(1)

Luckylu,
To answer your question about EQ's that I have been in (the main ones):
Feb. 9, 1971 Sylmar EQ was 6.5
Oct. 17, 1989. Loma Prieta , So. San Francisco was 6.9
Jan. 17, 1994 Northridge EQ was 6.7
(1)

SharynMarie...I'm wondering whose schedule to stagger.Are you talking about my cats or my dH or brother's?Who needs staggering?
(2)

An Earthquake?? Hee hee, we have here in Idaho too. I think all mountainous states have them.

Luckylu, can you stagger their schedules?

We have heated up for a heatwave through Wednesday. I hope this is the last heatwave.
(0)

There was an earthquake, on the "What's for dinner" thread.

Sorry, borrowed that form of communication from my hubs.

The answer to your question, MsMadge, is:

Yes, I felt the 3.5 earthquake centered out of Castaic about 12:46 p.m. today, Sunday.
(3)

Everyone's dinner sounds so good

Did you feel the earthquake today, Send ?

Thanks goodness the day is a little shorter and the sun is no longer hitting the house, but it's going to be 15 degrees hotter the next couple of days which means it will be well over 90 in here when I get home from work

I need to shower, go to the grocery store and go sit with mom - I bought an xtra little fan for her room -

I've been trying to figure out how to get more coverage for her during meals since my current schedule of private caregivers doesn't cover them - I really can't afford more than 8 to 10 hours a day and right now we're at 14
(3)

MsMadge,
We are having a heat wave-came on earlier than Monday as expected.
The East Bay has it too near S.F.!
Will the HoCa party be air-conditioned?
Are you surviving?
(1)

Cooking inside because of the heat. Buster bee lines straight to the empty flower bed which is muddy. Yes!!!! Lots of rinsing him off and drying before he can come back inside. He's had one bath already!! Hopefully he won't get skunked, 🐾🐾🐶
(1)

Great choices! Are you grilling outside with all the pets?

My favorite dog was a lab mix, named "Bandit" because of the mask on her face.  She loved water, and the mud in the canal turned her white fur black, mucky, and muddy.  She got away from me at the park-once she even got skunked.  Needless to say, lots of baths, which she also loved-that and cats!
She would sit on the driveway next to her kitty-friend.
(2)

Enjoy the A/C!! Fish, corn on the cob, artichokes, and asparagus!
(2)

Lol means I am just being funny.
The whole idea of this thread is that we are off topic!

Having Spinach tortellini with grated parmesan cheese and a fruit plate, including watermelon.
The healthy version, no butter, no sauce.

(3)

Hi! There is nothing whatever wrong with me, just keeping the conversation going.
Those blueberries every morning are very sweet though, (25, counting them out like medicine, there are 25), as I sit in my fully air-conditioned home-not scrimping on a/c to prevent heat stroke.
Love you all!
(3)

Too much sugar??
(1)

Send,
Are you delirious with heat stroke?
(1)

Lol.
(0)

This is a bit off topic, but......
(1)

Lol!! Funny stuff Veronica!! Luckylu, thanks, the puppy is being very passive right now. He sure is a cutie though.
Veronica, hopefully after he gets through the puppy stage, he will be easy to handle.
(2)

Good one Veronica! and Congratulations SharynMarie on getting a new baby to love.You'll have to tell us all about it~
(5)

Sharyn I love Golden retrievers and Labs, have had both. Too big for me to manage now though I would get pulled everywhere and break every bone in my body.
See I am beginning to come to terms with being old and decrepit.
Just remembered I have skinny dipped but alone on a deserted beach. If I did it now the whole beach would flee in horror.
Rather like the joke about the bishops wife who ran through the cathedral in the nude.
Someone remarked, "I don't know what the bishops wife was wearing but it sure needed ironing!"
(7)

Send!! I have never skinny dipped lol!! Done a lot of other things though.

I am gambling.... I agreed for hubs to get a golden retriever puppy!!! It's a gamble he will actually take care of it or if it becomes my dog!!
(5)

Ha ha, that is why I do not gamble!
Most often, losing.
Trying to be positive, speaking the positive, "I win" has also never worked for me. Lol.
I am sure of it.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter