Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Good, so he is lovingly holding that kitten! Yay!

Been to the hotel california tonight, MsMadge?
(0)

Blackhole,
The Viking had her own special phrases too - occasionally my niece will say, I didn't know that's not a real word
(2)

Send
I used to love Casper the friendly ghost, the friendliest ghost you'll know
(1)

Can anyone tell if casper the friendly ghost is lovingly holding that kitten, or trying to strangle it?
(0)

"If I have told you once, I have told you a thousand times!"
"I have told you for the umpteenth time".
All pronounced harshly, as if the alternative is, "Next time, I'm gonna kill you", left unstated, but profoundly felt and understood.
(1)

MsMadge: “Umpteenth!” That was one of my mom’s favorite words. (Her dearest friend from way-back, who’s still alive, is fond of it, too.) Been thinking I should jot down some of Mom’s pet phrases. Just for my own personal reference. Some of them got on my last nerve.....and some of them were brilliant. I want to keep “the brand” alive — in my own way. 😁
(3)

I love French. That girl is such a poppet.
(1)

MsMadge you have so much fun at hoco
(1)

Pumpkin pie at hoca and watching Grease for the umpteenth time

a couple of residents got out of their wheelchairs to shake a tail feather
(6)

Thanks Sharyn...
(2)

November 5 Luckylu
(2)

It's Saturday night here too and I'm wonder'n if I'm supposed to set my clock back...
(1)

Caregivers behaving badly Saturday night Live!
(1)

It's Saturday night
(3)

Yes we do VEronica!! And no one in the house to hear! And I hate to brag,, but he looks pretty good for 60! He is very outdoorsy,,, I am still coming off the broken ankle of last year with no rehab. We are going to start walking more.. for me. I am taking a few bottles of wine with us... wink wink
(5)

Get yourself to Victorias Secret as fast as you can. Never mind not being a 20 something supermodel. No offence to hubby but he probably doesn't have 6 pack abs anymore either.
Turn out the lights and light a few candles. You have ten days to get in the mood!!!!!!!!
(6)

HUbs and I are "home alone" for the next 10 days.. we joke about sitting around in our undies and doing nothing... and I am no 20 YO supermodel!! And since Mom likes to do the laundry.. I kinda forget what he looks like in his undies... I may like it!!
(3)

Yes, I had better get to work, time is a wasting! The dying part, with the Lol, was just joking. But, you are spot on about too much time on my hands, Veronica.
It is comforting to be known in a way, even if you know me as a brat.
(2)

All the medical facilities round here are very good about calling and giving a reminder a couple of days before an appointment. No need to call back but it does remind you to check your calendar..
When I was working I would ignore calls from work during the day because they were always requests to go and visit a difficult patient because they did not like their regular nurse.

Send I very much doubt you are dying just too much time on your hands
(1)

Veronica,
That visual worked great during the divorce-a casual photo leaning over the sink, brushing his teeth, with his hand in his backside, just underwear on.  (recommended by an author on how to get over a break-up).
One look at that photo later, and I never missed the bloke. Actually, could never remember anything good about him, could not get past the visual.

Why am I telling you this?  I must be dying, and my past life is up for review, flashing in an instant before my eyes, Lol, I think.
(1)

You are right. I can accept other's faults as long as they don't try to make me be like them or live in their world.
(1)

Gulp! Guilt! I haven't been to look. I knew they were making it and thought oh that sounds jolly nice, but it's always the same with tourist attractions - if they're on your doorstep you never go.
(1)

You are not wrong.

Your sister may also not be wrong. I have observed in others, too, that the notion of confirming an appointment or checking a detail seems not to cross their little minds. Perhaps it is indeed becoming more prevalent. But it is still STUPID and leads to utterly needless waste of time and effort and organisation.

And, I have to add, for people who seem to have their smartphones welded to their eyelids, the newest generation of adults is unbelievably crap at meaningful communication.
(2)

CM,
Replace those thoughts right now.
How does that stained glass window look?
(Replacement therapy).

Stiff upper lip now, it takes a lot of hard work to be a real brat!  We need you to be strong.
(1)

CM, Maybe I had better put that long yellow theraband back where he had it, because you are right-he may not notice! (Except for that strip tied to the tree, Lol, ha ha ha.)
Well, actually, we will have something to talk about when he returns home.

SharynMarie, Glad that you are watching The Good Doctor. With focused interest, I have been observing hubs reactions after watching the show. He actually started folding his hands nervously in front of him, mimicking Dr. Shawn Murphy right after the first eoisode! I said: "Cut that out!" "You have never done that before, and you know you are higher functioning than the good doctor!" He stopped.
This last episode made even me nervous, thinking dH maybe should not watch anymore.
Yes, he gets obsessive about working like under the sink, (like in the most recent episode); but goes to bed at some point. Maybe because I make him stop. But the good doctor is headed for a big meltdown without sleep! (talking about the show now).
DH required extreme job coaching this morning. Message to come into work, but he did not return the call to confirm he was going. After "one if those crazy round-a-bout conversations", I went into the bathroom for a primal scream, then I called my sister, who explained the world to me....no need whatsoever to call back to confirm, the world is different now, those rules no longer apply, he should just go in, etc. etc.

I went to my bed to lie down. He came in. When I said some things about the world, how I did not give a rat's zzz about the new rules, that he would be calling in to confirm....he phoned in with great difficulty. So lunch was In-N-Out.
Is the world really like that now? Sharyn, didn't you call work back to confirm when they called you in on your day off? What am I missing?

If there are new rules, I can no longer be hubs job coach. Even if I am wrong.
(1)

But what if you really really don't want to, not ever ??!!
(3)

CM that reminds me of something I once heard. "When someone is being nasty to you imagine them in their underwear."
(1)

Oh no the images are back!

I haven't been able to cope with men's underwear ever since Edwina Currie published revelations about her sustained romantic affair with John Major - bearing in mind that at the time all this was going on he was Prime Minister and she was in the government too, and both of them married to other people and, let's face it, neither of them in the first flush of youth - ohmygod it was all so sordid. But the worst of it was her nostalgia about seeing him in his blue Y-fronts. Nooooooooooo - !
(2)

It will be interesting to see if he ever notices, Send. And meanwhile, your little pine tree will have fabulous abs, yay!
(2)

Oh, thanks Ali!
I thought it was so very bad, I was going to ask that we start rating brattiness on a scale of 1-10. Ten being the brattiest.
You know, ten being something really bad like Gershun or Luckylu would come up with.
Underwear on hubs pillow, moldy popcorn, things like that.
What number are you, Ali! Lol.....
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter