Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Congrats Houston 7-6 in extra innings!
(0)

Congrats Dodgers Fans!

Hoping Astro’s can get the bat on the ball tonight.
(4)

I love chicken salad!!
(3)

I'm just trying to fill up my punch card at the restaurant Send....If you buy 9 chicken salad sandwiches,you get the tenth one free.
(4)

There were military jets from Fresno flying over the stadium during the National Anthem today. The jets had to circle San Gabriel valley awhile before heading there, causing concern to many residents!
Did anyone hear or see them?
Show of force, did anyone take a knee?
(1)

Dodgers win the first game of the World Series!
Dodgers 3
Astros 1
(1)

Don't we all wish for a special treat, just for ouselves sometimes?
Good for you, Luckylu.
(2)

My dH was happy with his bologna sandwich tonight,but I was even happier with my chicken salad sandwich I'd picked up at a restaurant and hidden in the frig. earlier in the day.
(6)

I have a Whirly Pop too Lizzy,but my friend works at a gas station that makes and sells popcorn,so she gives me Huge bags for my birds,called "chat".I'm grateful because it's free and it makes a great special treat for my dH when he is behaving badly.
(3)

Whirled Travel, Don't forget to address it to "Dear Former friends............"
(2)

I'm lonely, and I miss my friends. We went through this with Dad's first illness 8 years ago, and now we're going through the same thing. Awesome. It's great to be isolated, with no family to help, and friends who apparently don't care.

Some days I fantasize about sending all of my "friends" a text that says EXACTLY what I think about their collective disappearing act.
(2)

So cool, very cool, so very cool, ha ha ha! It is so hot that I won't even be able to go outside today, as I am heat sensitive. But I will chill, chill out, or whatever. I am calm, so very calm and cool, I am, really I am......
(2)

Stay cool today, Send
And Go Dodgers
(1)

Sharyn,
Do you get the above ground pipes wrapped in that deal?
(0)

So al is HOT! We are at 32 at 7 am and a high of 63. Happy watering Send. Our sprinklers are shut off now for winter and we have a neighbor who will come over Friday to blow out the sprinklers of any remaining water so it won’t freeze in the pipes. The neighbor has a landscaping business and charges $25 to do it.
(2)

Thank you Cwillie!
I was able to click on when it was blue, and viewed the clips-no metal!
Put them in the cart for hubs to view.

Take L.A.'s temperature! 100 + temps for the World Series!
95° Farenheit at 4:00 a.m.
Game 1
5:09 p.m. PST.

Santa Ana winds, very dangerous for fires, extreme.
Tuesday is watering day so I will water the bamboo.
(2)

I got my bag clips - and paper sandwich bags - at the local dollar store, they are so much more convenient than twist ties, I love them. Like these....

www.amazon.com/Colorful-Assorted-Kitchen-Plastic-Sealing/dp/B00DYNI6JM
(2)

I will be cheering for the Astros!
(2)

It feels like it's still 103 degrees at 1:00 am

Hope I can see some of the game and go to hoca to see mom Tuesday night
(1)

Lizzywho, Will you be choosing your team?
Anyone else have a team?
(0)

Oh wow! Popping corn in a brown bag in the micro! Who knew?!?
(1)

Cwillie,
Orville Redenbacher?
How does the "plastic clip" not have metal springs? Won't that zap my microwave?
I would love to make it this way!
(1)

I'm a popcorn nut too, I do homemade microwave popcorn - put 1/4 cup kernels in a plain paper bag, snap on a plastic chip clip, zap for about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Eat plain if feeling virtuous, drizzle with melted butter if feeling indulgent. Yum!
(4)

My family are popcorn nuts!

I have a contraption called a Whirly POP. It’s the size of a huge saucepan. It has a lid that snaps on. The handle has a thing you turn like a small crank. The crank turns a spindle that runs to the bottom of the pot with 3 arms on it that “moves” the kernels as they are popping. Measure in the kernels, goopy, salty orange popcorn oil and a little extra yellow/orange popcorn salt. This is done stove top.

I don’t use this contraption often. Last time was Super Bowl.  Normally it’s micro popcorn for me too.
(2)

Lizzywho,
Love your enthusiasm!
Sure that Ali was rooting for the Cubs, it could have been exciting ( if watching sports, ---
I do not, get my info from the news) if the Cubs made it to the world series to play the dodgers. But, ho hum, no worries-Houston also deserves some excitement, hope, sports distractions, an influx of visitor funds, a boost to their economy.
Thinking on it just now, I am feeling very fickle, maybe we should give them the WIN if they deserve it. Just to be nice.

Go Houston!
Go Dodgers!

Go Caregivers! Enjoy your sports break!

P.S.  All my popcorn is made at home=homemade, Lol.
You know those bags, put them in the microwave?
How do you do "homemade" at your house, Lizzy?

Be sure to put in dodger blue food coloring as it pops!  ha ha.
(4)

The World Series!!! OMG! Where did this Astro team come from?!! Actually it’s an interesting story but I knew nothing of it until the first game of the Astros/Yankee series.

I have heard the Dodgers are amazing. Not sure how it will go for the Astros on the road but hope it’s awesome in Houston!

I can’t wait. Gotta do a trial run on the homemade popcorn tonight!
(2)

It was a great ALCS, but I hardly watched any of it. Yep, time for WORLD SERIES!! Now I'll watch. ;-) Go Dodgers!

And how in the world is it 103 in LA right now??!!  🙁
(5)

Hard not to notice as World Series (baseball) starts Tomorrow, Tuesday!

Dodgers vs. Astros.....NFD

Ali? MsMadge? Somebody?

Go DODGERS ! ! !

Playing in a heat wave, L.A.
(2)

Sounds like caregiving more than Mom?
Compassion is contagious.
(0)

I made a run to hoca earlier in the day with intentions of returning tonight after my niece's birthday dinner in OC but was just too tired and hot - feeling guilty after bedtime last night

Mom's roomie was quite upset when staff brought mom to bed and it took me quite awhile to calm her down
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter