Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Maybe post the invitation on social media, giving out someone else's address!
Mwah ha ha ha. I know halloween is over. Taking lessons from bad people. lol.

Disclaimer:  I would never.......
(2)

Just to be a brat this year, I am going to invite people to Thanksgiving that I know, know, know won't come!
(1)

I just want to play Xbox again lol! Don’t see that happening anytime soon. Moved my Dad to a nursing home close to me and am moving my Mom mid December.
(2)

I think I could do it,. Can you bring me one of the Viking's nightgowns Ms Madge I had some practice in rehab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Disguise the cookies in a jar of something else. They wouldn't let me take a bite of anything without one of their beady eyes on me. Even hubby was not deemed reliable enough to watch me eat a tomato sandwich.
(5)

Or pinched.

Bring cookies.
(3)

Can't do it, Send. Someone would get bitten.
(3)

This one is going to be a bit harder....
What would you do if we asked you to impersonate the Viking, we snuck her outta the SNF, and you had to spend the night and pretend to be MsMadge's mom for a day?
(1)

If I was deleted? I would press ctrl alt delete at the same time and try to bring myself back.
(4)

I really thought the song went: "You can check out anytime you want, but you can never l e a v e ! " (The Hoca).

Well, leave it to the Viking to get out of the hoca anyway.

You are just going to have to break soms rules, bring her pumpkin pie ( without the crust).
Does that count as pureed?
(1)

Turkey panini and sweet potato fries

Felt a twinge of guilt enjoying it since mom said "meh" to her puree lunch and then the SNF served her the same flipping thing again for dinner to which she said "that again?"

The SNF is making hoca look more and more attractive
(3)

What was for dinner, MsMadge?

Gershun, what would you do if you were deleted?
(1)

Meh?
(1)

Sheesh......I am deleting my own post right now! That was really bad, even I could not post it, although I did think it.

That makes me first. lol.
(1)

Isn't it great fun being deleted Send? It means you have substance. Good on ya! I think we should all try to get deleted. Make it a contest. See who can get deleted the most.
(2)

I am in awe!! Thank you Send.. and I was trying to be funny and nice! I have never been deleleted.. but I have been edited!
(3)

Guessing I hafta keep my "bad" comments to myself tonight....over on the General Topics thread. I've been happily deleted, but it was not near as bad as Pammzi! Good job Pammzi!
(3)

I nearly did go to work unshowered today, but then thought better of that idea

I stayed later than originally thought at the SNF after mom's care meeting today and decided to stop at See's and Starbucks before heading home to change for work

i stocked up on cranberry orange truffles and pecan pie truffles
(9)

Thank you Sharyn!
(1)

Oh, so sorry MsMadge, your poor mom with no fluids and you dealing with it all. You should have gone to work in your jammies,

Send, belated Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby!
(3)

MsMadge, i don't understand the withdrawal of IV fluids unless she is going into Heart failure or feel she is actively dying. You do deserve an explanation and be involved in decision making.
Sepsis does have a very poor prognosis especially in the frail elderly. Poor Viking and poor you. This is a terrible time for you both. Big Hugs
(9)

Today, I have won 1/2 a battle.
Still not feeling the magical "makes you stronger".
Feels more like I need CPR, food, and a shower.
Recommend to already have ALL your papers and house in order ahead of time.
This could have been easier.
(3)

They showed up shortly after 9am. Let the fun begin!
(2)

Thank you Lizzy!
Hoping your contractor shows up. Can you remind him, or post something on Yelp?
(2)

Send,
Happy Belated Anniversary!
(3)

(((Hugs to Ms Madge)))

Really hoping I don’t have to Behave Badly today...The Contractor was supposed to get started 2 Monday’s ago. I have been given pretty legit reasons for the delay. But this the third Monday morning I really expect them to show up!
(3)

Mm, cookies and cream puffs sound delish.

MsMadge, my grandmother was nuts for candy, too. Anytime I would walk by where she sat on the couch, she would ask for candy.  I bought big bags of Ricola herbal cough drops and would give her those for her "candy." Looking back, if I'd have thought about the fact that she was 103 and wouldn't live much longer, I would've gotten her the real stuff, some great big chocolates and caramels. I thought I was helping her to be healthier by keeping the sugar down.   Yeah, I vote you spoil your mom with sweets as much as seems reasonable to you.  Nothing worse can happen to her if she has a little candy or some cookies.  

I'm sorry about your mom. No IV fluids for 24 hours? How is her body supposed to fight the sepsis w/o fluids? I'm not a doc but that doesn't seem right. I hope you got some sleep. Please let us know how things are when you can. Thinking of you and your mom.
(3)

Oh Send,
What a marvelous idea, an IV cookie solution that tricks the tastebuds into thinking one was just eaten! Where do I sign up? They can put in a PIC line and I'll make a pot of coffee! Cookies are my favorite food in the whole wide world so, the Viking and I share that.
MaMadge, my prayers that your mom will rebound from the sepsis and that her bottom skin will regenerate quickly. Hugs and prayers.

Send, love your cream puff avitar. Hope you enjoyed your burgers.
(4)

Have some cream puffs!
(1)

All brats will behaving badly on your behalf MsMadge, and for anyone else who is just too too tired.
(2)

MsMadge, It was I who mentioned the show Better Things. Dark but funny. May you all have a good night!
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter