Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Checking back in here....feeling sick, but have stopped vomiting. 9 days in bed.
Don't worry Luckylu, hubs fed Ritatouille her peanuts-how could he say no, since she puts her paws on his leg to beg.

If anyone is getting a head cold, make it to the store for electrolyte water, Gatoraid, 7-Up, and Mucinex.

CM was right to suggest going for help before one can no longer go for help.

Trying to get up now, and in comes hubs with Gatorade! So nice! One never knows what a hubs will do next. I am grateful though.

It will be really hard to find a new doctor for the new year!
(1)

Send,
Are you feeling better?

If not have you managed to see a doctor this morning?
(1)

"Sounds like I have the flu."  The paramedics don't diagnose.
They called an ambulance, saying it is not covered by insurance (how do they know?)  That it could be $2000!  And the E.R. can give you drugs, but they would put you on the wall to wait.

The paramedics cannot give "medical advice".  One suggested the "poor man's diet" for vomiting.
1/2  Sprite, with 1/2 Gatorade.

Before, it was free to go with 911. Now they call an ambulance.
Definitely , a "constructive discharge" by the paramedics.

Should I feel bad? Mwah ha ha ha, not.
(7)

Send, I hope you survive the E.R. and get better fast. I can't even type because I'm still laughing so hard about "Frosty" ! !😂MsMadge That story was so good!
(4)

ok. Mask, hand sanitizer, gloves.
Obviously, I have not left yet.
(2)

Do you have Urgent Care there Send? It might be faster.
Put on the mask and take hand sanitizer, you don't want to pick up anything else.
(4)

Going now to the E.R.
(2)

I have a "Mr. T."Doll....In his overalls,wearing his 3 gold chain necklaces with a stern look on his face.
(3)

What was it Mr. T used to say? "I pity the fool" LOL

He was on Dancing with the Stars if you can believe it............and he actually is a very sweet man. But, having said that, no I wouldn't want to smooch with him.
(3)

Hopefully not offending anyone but the thought of smooching "Mr. T" makes me nauseous. :o
(3)

It just crossed my mind that in the unlikely event Mr T invites me to the White House for Christmas Dinner I will enter by the back door. I hear there is a bunch of Mistletoe in the front hall. Better not to take any chances.
(6)

Ms Madge, I'm totally gullible!!!
(4)

Dark, with fruit and nuts

Like my family, now taht I think about it.
(9)

Meallen,
The only thing that matters is,
What kind of chocolate was it?
(2)

Life is full of missed opportunities.
Instead of standing in line for Santa,
I could have iced my piriformis muscle
on the couch, before the ice melted.
(2)

I ate an entire bar of chocolate and washed it down with half and half.
(4)

MsMadge, so he gave you a cold shoulder :P
(7)

Maybe he came here cuz we got snow last night. APB. Look out for a homeless man who looks like Frosty the Snowman. Ha ha!
(5)

Mwah ha ha ha MsMadge, visited by Frosty the Snowman!
You have done it again!
(6)

Ms Madge, I'm so sorry about the couch. I have friend in Sacramento who has a homeless young man with a small child who stays at her house at night. He hasn't been able to find an affordable apt. I worry about Jamie being taken advantage of living alone.
(2)

MsMadge,

Sorry about your couch.:(
(3)

Too gullible here too MsMadge!
(3)

Okay, I just NEED to vent. I am so angry! California homeless problem is getting worse and I have had ENOUGH! I will never help anyone again. EVER!! Either I'm too kindhearted, too stupid, or too gullible!!

Out of the kindness of my heart, and because it was so cold out yesterday, I took a man into my home. Felt so sorry for him. Poor thing was frozen stiff and just sitting on the corner. He was so cold, I had to literally drag him. This morning he just vanished. Not a word, not even "goodbye" or "thank you" for sheltering him!! The last straw? I realized he had peed all over the living room couch I let him sleep on!

Like SERIOUSLY 😡😡😡 That's the "thank you" I get for being good to people?
So, watch out for this man! He is heavy set, and he's wearing nothing but a scarf. He has a nose that looks like a carrot, 2 black eyes and his arms are so skinny they look like sticks!! Don't bring him into your house! What a huge mess he made in my living room. But he did leave me his scarf! He goes by the name of Frosty.
(14)

Veronica,
Encourage a purposeful retirement.
Are the two of you able to travel?
(1)

Hubby thinks he may go down to the Fire House and volunteer as an EMTor even a paid employee. They are always asking for volunteers but i don't think they are that desperate.. Right now he can hardly walk on his bad knee. Gets exhausted with the slightest exertion. Spends days in bed when he feels bad. Maybe they could find another volunteer to push him to the accident in a wheelchair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost as bad as when he wanted me to use my days off to go down to NYC to help after 911 or many years ago when he wanted me to go and assist with earthquake rescues.
Problem is I am the one with the license so he thinks he can tag along
I tell him there are plenty of foreign countries where his very elderly British Medical license would not be a problem. No that is not a good idea although he did want to move us to Chile at one point because the cost of living is much lower. No not going I'll help you pack.
(9)

Let it snow!
I would give almost anything to be able to ice my piriformis muscle by sitting in a pile of snow. If I don't ice, I can barely walk at times. Thinking of having crushed ice delivered in a huge plastic tub. When shopping at a market, there was an empty barrel of crushed ice-I just wanted to jump up there and sit in it. Alas, I could not.

Things are getting worse, having hot chocolate later, when I can get up.
(3)

Thank you Guest!

And I believe that too, Cwillie. I really should not have gone out in traffic to pick up dH.
He could have taken Uber home. We were, however, going very slow in bumper to bumper traffic. It was stressful just with the many lights, the ambiance knowing people were frustrated and themselves in a hurry to get home. Fortunately, I was in a good mood.
Don't underestimate the stress of traffic....we are both sick with head colds today, resting up as he has the day off.
(3)

Send, best gift ever - you and DH are ok.
(3)

Send, sometimes when I am in driving and in a hurry to get something done or get somewhere and I keep getting delayed I do wonder if someone is sending me a message to slow down.
(3)

What happened?
Driving dH home, we were lightly rear-ended (light tap, really)! Pulled over anyway, assuring the young driver there was no damage, we were fine. Telling him just wanted to make sure he was not driving impaired. We did not exchange ins. info, as I told him to drink water or coffee, (strict grandma) and he was lucky it was us he hit, as I smiled.
A few minutes (a very few in traffic) down the road, there were flashing lights, ambulance, paramedics, fire dept. pulling cars apart-a four car pile-up in what would have been the lane next to us. It also would have been the lane he turned across, at that place, at that time, if he had not been delayed. Traveling mercies, I suspect. No damage to our car.  A little holiday miracle, but not for the accident victims.

The cars today, really get crunched up when they crash.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter