Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
The Viking is threatening to kill the nurse who is trying to start the IV

She's a tough stick

Getting the urine sample should be fun
(6)

Hope you brought the champagne minis, Madge. Can't hurt at this point, can only help keep you from going completely stir crazy. Hope a bed opens up soon.
(2)

MsMadge,
Oh no, not again, and during the crowding in E.R.!

Sure you will get through this too!

I am thinking Starbucks, does grubhub deliver?
(2)

Could you sneak one to her?
(1)

It's going to be a long night

The Viking is in the ambulance bay waiting for a bed in the ER to open
Waiting room is packed so I'm in the cafeteria with a bowl of soup a scone and a latte

Wish I could get mom a cup of coffee - in the words of Garrison Keillor - a good cup of coffee has been known to revive a dead Norwegian
(9)

Oh (((((madge))))) so sorry the Viking is not well. ER is horrible this time of year. Wishing for a quick resolution for her. Enjoy your champagne. I am not much of a drinker, but champagne is great!
(3)

Send,
Sorry I ripped into your gift box of assorted see's chocolates and am on my 5 th piece but I'm gonna need a bigger box

The Viking has spiked a fever and is coughing - waiting for private ambulance to transport to ER

I'm thinking of packing my wee little bottles of champagne into my ER kit with my blankie and other stuff

It's gonna be a long night - ERs are a mess this close to the New Years with all the visitors to SoCal
(5)

Send, I didn't get any See's either. A friend used to call See's "better than sex candy".
(3)

Did I miss Christmas?
My Sees Chocolates have not arrived yet.
Guess I was really bad this year.
(2)

I'm interested in hearing about the preventative powers of champagne- we got several bottles as gifts. I've never drank anything but maybe I could start.
(1)

meallen good brat! Well done!
(2)

I kept eating my mother's chocolates when she wasn't looking...
(4)

Did it work yet MsMadge?
(3)

Someone sent me a text which indicated that drinking 3 glasses of champagne a day helps ward off dementia

Cheers 🍾
(12)

Many many likes to you all on Christmas Day!

But alas, there is no one, no not one, who would help me mop my kitchen floor!

It is okay, it doesn't need it. Hubs and I just finished dinner, a vegetable stir fry. We did it all together.....otherwise, we would not have eaten. It was presentable, now I am in bed. Thankful for today.
(5)

Merry Christmas to all my darling brats! Everyone just keep hitting the like button and saying whatever you want to! That's how I keep learning! You are all Angels to me!
(8)

Ali, I like most posts too. If I don't like them unless it's directed at me I don't comment. Sometimes I think about commenting and then I don't because maybe I don't understand the person or their situation. Or sometimes because I know it would be wrong to say what I think...you remember the old saying if you don't have something nice to say, etc. etc.

Hoping my Christmas Day improves.
(5)

Am I the only one around these parts that "Likes" nearly every single comment I read?? I do it because I Like everything, and even if I don't actively Like it, it's a Thank You For Being Here, a Participation "Like." 😆

Madge, sometimes the demented are better option for company than those who have NO EXCUSE for the things they say!! lol

Everyone's fairly well behaved at my family Christmas this year, me included. Long may it last. Merry Christmas, AC fam. ❤️
(7)

I'm the only one so far who liked your last answer Send............Bah ha ha!
(5)

Before I even wake up on Christmas morning, ten people will have "liked" one of my answers! While I love to be appreciated, my answer was: "Listen to Barb and Windy".

Lol.

Maybe if we can all mop the kitchen floor, or something, on Christmas morning.........
(5)

MsMadge,
Try to remember that you are a visitor in the land of demented.
Keep your wits about you. The pumpkin pie should help.

Merry Christmas to a dear, sweet lady!
(5)

From the land of the demented, a merry Christmas to all !
(9)

Lizzy, I remember a time when the doctors would read the charts. The literal physical charts. Only recently, when my dad was in the ER, when I realized not one single ER doctor, after every shift, read dad’s chart. And these charts are No Longer Handwritten. It’s typed into the computer as we tell them! Some doctors carried their small computer typing into it. One doctor had an actual pen and writing the info on a torn off page from a regular notebook. Not a chart sheet. A regular loose leaf paper! I realized that when the hospital became computerized (no longer writing down medical histories), No One Cared to Read It!!.. and because only oldest sis and I knew dad’s history to answer questions, and the doctors weren’t reading the chart, I was forced to take so many of my vacation leave... I was getting irritated having to repeat over and over again to every shift. Dad stayed about a week in the ER Trauma....

I’m glad they found your sister’s problem and dealt with it immediately. And that you were able to make her laugh. I hope you enjoy your holiday despite all this!
(2)

Still here...sister is whacked out of her head from anesthesia.

Surgery only an hour.

When they went in by LAP thru bellybutton she had a Hernia there so surgeon repaired that. Gallbladder removed.

Surgeon says she can go home today but final decision up to Hospitalist.

I was here only to get report from Surgeon. Sister has been in hospital for 1 week. It’s been a fiasco, comedy of errors, and apparently no one reads charts anymore. Sister called me couple days ago and put surgeons nurse on phone with me. She finally admitted she better go read sisters info (chart).

Anyway, hanging around to see if they are gonna release her today.

I did my job. Translated Surgeons finding to BIL and accidentally caused my sister to laugh hystericallly.

Oops bratty me!
(4)

Lizzywho,
You can buy out all the good chocolate candy from the vending machine.

Welcome Daughter1975!

Merry Christmas Brats!

What would Gershun say?
(4)

I only read posts from the last few pages of it. You guys make me laugh. I'm a brat! I'm owning it!

I lost it yesterday and have been feeling guilty and yucky and lonely. But, you all get it and forgive. You don't know me, but you do, right?

Thanks for the silly banter, the sarcasm, the menu, the "selfish" moments you are basking in and the camaraderie.

Merry Christmas.
(8)

Merry Christmas Brats!

Send,
Hope you are felling better!

Fixing to dress and take my bratty rear end to take short ride to dysfunction junction. My sister...uggghhh...is having Gall Bladder Surgery at 8 this morning. Apparently her hubby worked nights last night and is sick and really needs to go home to rest. Told her I would be there by 9 to let him go home and stay until she comes out of recovery. Three hour surgery.

Hmm, wonder what kind of mischief I can get myself into in a surgery waiting area on Christmas Eve?🎄
(5)

Merry Christmas to everyone on the brat thread! Hope you are feeling better Send. Luckylu, your cats will have ribbons and boxes to explore, play time!
(6)

Hug #12. Brat
(1)

I like that one One of my favorite goofy baby looks.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter