Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Brat!
(3)

Whenever I feel a need to whine about the cold I check the forecast for Golden in northern AB, then I dance in relief that I do not live there LOL
(8)

Are you cold Cwillie?

I am sure you would wish MsMadge a warm sunny SoCal day, since she is coughing?

BTW, Gershun has told me, you don't have Sees candies in Canada.  So sorry!
(1)

Brat.
(2)

Lol.
(1)

It’s a warm 18 degrees here.
(2)

Woke up to -9 this am.
(1)

Was 3 degrees when I woke up
(3)

A nice 81° F in So. Cal today.
Below freezing where you are?
(1)

Ms Madge, I hope the Viking's hospital stay is brief.

I love See's. Unfortunately, I didn't get See's this Christmas. Although I did get 2 boxes of Esther Price - a Dayton, Ohio favorite. Milk Chocolate Covered Cherries and Milk Chocolate Covered Potato Chips.

PJ has gone to the hospital to pick up Michael.
(2)

I love See’s Candy, the peanut brittle, nuts and chews are my favorite!
(2)

I've never met a box of See's peanut brittle that I did not love - and if you like your nuts a little sweeter, the pecan roll is the way to go
(2)

Thx for the info Send!
(2)

Gershun,
The See candy family is from Canada!

Mary See
MARY SEE
(1854–1939)

Homemade, Mom's Way
Mary See is more than just the iconic face on a box of See's Candies! Born Mary Wiseman in Ontario, Canada in 1854, she married Alexander See at age 20. They had three children—Charles, May and Bertha—and ran a hotel together on Tremont Park Island. While helping to run the hotel, Mary developed her own homemade candy recipes. After Mary's husband passed away in 1919, her son Charles suggested that she move to sunny California with him and his wife. There, Charles planned to start his own candy company, selling sweets made from his mother's recipes.

They settled in Pasadena, CA in a post-Victorian bungalow. Mary made candy in the bungalow's black-and-white kitchen. When Charles opened the first See's Candies shop in Los Angeles, he chose the now-iconic checkerboard theme inspired by this kitchen.

Mary took pride in her homemade candy, using only the finest and freshest ingredients—a tradition continued by See's to this day. In fact, some of our candies are still made using Mary's very own original recipes, including Peanut Brittle, Victoria Toffee and Chocolate Walnut Fudge.
(4)

Sounds like good care, caught in time!

There really are no bad pieces of Sees.

We had desperado chili from Wendy's, only 2.49, very mild, but it was what I needed.

Glad that your Mom is eating!
(2)

Bless your heart MsMadge...I hope you get some much needed rest tonight and I hope you've got atleast 1 good piece of chocolate left to eat before you crash.Your'e Mother is so lucky to have you and you,her.Sleep well~
(4)

The Viking hit the exacta - flu and another UTI

They moved her from the ER to a room this morning - she's getting iv fluids and antibiotics

I think we caught both early enough but I must say how frustrating the whole process is

It took over an hour, many Sticks and five different teams to start the iv and despite her having Urosepsis last month I had to ask ER to do an urinalysis

Mom is coughing feels a little warm but recognizes me even wearing a mask 😷

Fed her a little cream of rice and jello tonight and am going home to sleep

I've been in the same clothes for 36 hours now

I hope I didn't eat all the good pieces of See's last night cause I really need a good one tonight

thanks everyone for your well wishes
(8)

MsMadge,
We know you ate the whole box last night! It's okay, we totally understand......it was going to be a very long night!

There is always going to be enough Sees candies!
(2)

Since it's Lu's birthday 🎉 Send please give her my piece of See's

We're thinking of you Lu
(1)

Cashew Brittle, white chocolate.

Hubs gets truffles.
(0)

Tomorrow is my dH's birthday.
He does not give me gifts or cards.
I got him some Sees candy for tomorrow.
I am eating mine right now.

He washed the car today......without being asked. Should I be worried? Mwah ha ha.
Of course, but I am not going to.

MsMadge?
Luckylu?
Gershun?

Would you like some Sees candy?
(3)

Miss Madge hope the nurse won the battle of the IV without too many scars. That Viking sure is something else.
One occasion where arriving by ambulance does not get you to the top of the line.
When my apendix burst and I got transferred to a regional hosp there was a whole line of
ambulances waiting to even get up to the door. Once inside there were gurneys packed in as
far as the eye could see. I swear some of them were double deckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a nap Miss Madge as soon as the Viking gets a room.
(6)

MsMadge,
Waiting to hear-the ambulance bay is outside, right?
Hoping things went better after that long wait.
God speed to the Viking!
(2)

Breakfast conversation at my house:
If you come home from work, eat dinner, do not check on me until the next day at noon.........and find me dead.......I just want to say........
You know how I have always said that I would never come back to haunt you?
(2)

Happy Birthday LuckyLu!🎉🎈🎂🎂
(2)

🎂🎈🎁💐 Luckylu!!
(1)

Happy Birthday Luckylu! You are my pet partner behaving badly. May you have a great day with many blessing this next year.
(0)

Today is Luckylu's Birthday.
Can we wish you a Happy Birthday anyway Lu?

Happy Birthday kindest lady!
(2)

Hugs Ms Madge!
(4)

Oh, Madge!!! ((((((((hugs)))))))
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter