Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I could have sworn I made a rather snarky comment to a new question before I went out to help my mom with her supper, but when I got home it had disappeared without a trace. Should I still feel bad about behaving badly?
(4)

MsMadge, nothing for it - you'll have to go back to that address and tell the lady that around three thousand people want to know what was in the dam' box!
(9)

The saga ends....without a thank you?
You are such a kind person, MsMadge.

Returning all the paper products to costco tonight $42.31  Yes sir ree bob!  That is forty two dollars and thirty one cents.

The News had been there earlier because someone returned a live christmas tree.
They do not sell them at this location.
The tree was dead.
The customer was refunded their money.
Sheesh.

L O L
(5)

I delivered the package 📦 unopened today

Teenager was in the driveway and said her mom orders a lot of stuff

Now I regret not opening it
(5)

Don't let the hoarder stuff begin! I know several hoarders, and it ain't pretty.... One of them filled up their house, until they bought a store (junk store, of course) and moved into it, filled it up, and went to an apartment. He also has several rented storage units. Finally the wife bought a small house, and told him if he came with her he could bring NOTHING with him except his clothes - I think it stopped there. The other couple stories are similar; I'm sure it's a mental disorder of some kind, though many of the people that hoard here went thru the depression. I'm constantly getting rid of my stuff and encouraging hubby, also (not easy; stuff breeds in closets, did you know?). Send, clamp the lid on sooner, rather than too late.
(3)

Thank you Meallen.
I have read some that there really is no cure.
I am ready to fight for my space.
(2)

Randy Frost has written a great deal about hoarding--you can google him.
(1)

There is a word for it now....a genius hoarder. I feel so much better, really I do.

Now that I know what I am up against, I can fight this.
(1)

Lucklu,
That game sounds like something played at a wedding shower or baby shower?

Naming what is in the box....

Bright paper packages, tied up with string...these are a few of my favorite things.
(0)

Meallen,
The long ponytail works for me, but it grew so long, I can no longer comb it out. So, just a trim for me...wouldn't want to lose my ponytail.

Becky,
Yeah but....don't you hate being the "bad guy" ?
(1)

Beginning hoarder maybe? Defunct computer equipment is the worst. The pack rats I live with are having to start cutting their junk piles...some circa 1985.
(3)

Hello. 1) IMO your husband is a hoarder. I think if you start renting a place to keep stuff that does work... 2) I actually find have long hair easier--low pony tail every day! I shall buy chocolate.
(2)

Recently had to depend on dH to shop for us. A new behavior, he bought tons of paper plates, lunch plates, snack plates, bowls, and paper cups. Expensive!
On the one hand, this was genius when I could not wash dishes.
However, each package is about 18" tall, and we have NO place to store them, at all.
Calculating, it is about 6 months + supply. Really, no place! And, if we are not careful, they will be hidden and we both will forget we have them.

So, I am wondering if this is also a behavior of hoarders, buying, storing too much.
I seem to be losing the battle in every other area as he has already started collecting junk placed at the dumpsters, bringing it home and placing it somewhere on our property. As for me, I gave up a glass china cabinet recently acquired because it would fall on us in an earthquake. Funny, those paper plates could all fit in there.
Thinking of renting a storage unit to store just his collection of computers, electronics,
wires, defunct computers acquired also at the dumpsters, and clearing out the back screened-in porch. Even if our home was larger, the home is just not a place for these collections. I knew of a lady who divorced her husband because he took up an entire room in their small space, the room was unusable for anything but hoarding.

Will I be able to survive? Throwing out papers daily. There seems to be no end....
This new thing is stopping me from accessing the kitchen fully.
(3)

Meallen,
Excellent idea! Set that up, and when you understand that you already pay for groceries, and delivery is free if you order the minimum, take what is left after the first delivery, and get your hair cut. That will save time and fussing getting ready, and make your life easier.
Then continue the grocery online delivery services. That reminds me.....
(2)

I had a windfall of $175, My mother said to spend it on something that would make my (she means me, her daughter) live easier. I am looking into grocery delivery for three times.
(3)

I still haven't opened the box
But I will likely deliver it myself but not in the dark at night
(2)

Remember that game we used to play as kids where you stuck your hand in the box,maybe blindfolded even and you had to guess what it was you were feeling in the box?
This,reminds me of that.
(3)

Great! Sounds like your hubby did well even without finishing the class!
(0)

He is often a hero, just like any other husband can be. Thanks, Sharyn.
That was long ago, he didn't even finish the last class. We manage pretty well accommodating for many things.
(2)

Send, your poor hubby was typecast! Maybe he can do another film where he is the hero.
(1)

Veronica,
Don't understand the question, sorry. Is that one of those trick questions?

He actually played an evil entity inside a quite large box when he was taking a class on how to make films. It was called, "Party in a Box", and at the end, he popped out of the box as the evil plot came to an end, the music played. Do you think he was typecast?
(1)

Send are you sure about hubby?
(3)

Well...I have thought of that Luckylu, but I am not going to keep anything in my house that scares me, except hubs.  Lol. 
(3)

And I am wondering if you are going to keep it instead of sending it to the NH resident. I know you've been wanting a dog for a long time.Maybe this one would fit the bill for now...
(3)

A gift for a new resident in a NH that I need to mail was sitting on my bed, got under the comforter where I was sitting. It only takes a gentle touch on this doggy's head to set it off barking, yipping, whirring, wiggling round and round. My coat covered it, and I was overly startled by the toy dog. Jumped, until I could determine what it was.

Now I am wondering if it will scare him?
(4)

If it's a python it could stay nice and warm in a box in CA
(2)

If it is a python, they can go a long time without eating.
Is there any hissing?

Do they even have pythons in NJ?
(2)

MsMadge,
Do you think whatever is in the box needs to be fed?!?
(5)

Ms.Madge,
Whitepages online may have reverse lookup, enter the intended recipients address, they will give you their phone and name, for free, often.

Is it a late Christmas tree?
(2)

My thoughts exactly Golden!

Is it an exercise machine?
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter