Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Assorted cards for me, please. Lol.
(1)

Send, haha! One of the young guys I work with is such a snot if he doesn’t like you. The micro controller they transferred to another store, he didn’t like her and when she would try to talk to him, he gave her a business card that said STOP TALKING!
(3)

My card could read:

"One of us has dementia, one of us is just bad. Thanks for understanding, let me get out of the way before you punch his lights out."

Do they give the card back to you? I am gonna need more cards.
(3)

THINGS VERONICA SAYS:

Carrying a card to explain the rudeness of your loved one with dementia:
"Sorry my Mom has forgotten how to be polite
I hope you were not offended.
You really don't look like the back end of a horse []
Your make up does not make you look like a clown. []
You are not a fat pig, just pleasantly plump []
She's right those shorts do show more than they should []
Those breast implants must make your neck hurt []
Your baby does not look like a monkey []
Your husband does not look young enough to be your son {]
Did you really make your dress from a tablecloth? []
Were you really trying to run her over []

Now I am just being silly and should move to the caregivers behaving badly thread."

LOL V.
(5)

Well, apparently, Billy has.

He has a bible in his casket.
(5)

YOU ALL KNOW THIS:

The saying " YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU".
(1)

Wow, I would never have thought of the bathtub! Eewwww.

Thankfully I went to college the "regular" way but my days in Catholic school sounded a bit like that nursing dorm. 😉

There have been so many advances in nursing that we could probably write a book.

Remember when;
Glass IV bottles?
Needle and syringe choppers?
Metal bedpans coated with white enamel?
Flat bed sheets for the top and bottom?
When smoking was allowed in the hospital?
Glass (Mercury) thermometers?
Manual blood pressure cuff and a stethoscope?
Cooling someone down with an alcohol bath?
With ice added if Temp. over 106*?
A mortar and pestle to grind meds?
Charting on paper (in a hard bound chart) with black pen (day shift), green ink (swing shift) and red ink (night shift)?
Those crazy "Flying Nun" nursing caps?
White dresses (uniform) with white stockings and white nursing shoes?
Medicine cards with patients' name and drug that sat in a little slot behind the paper med cup in an aluminum tray?
Showers lined up in a row...down the hall from your room?
When we used soap and water to clean our hands?(instead of antibacterial gel)
Fingernail inspection every morning by the nursing teacher? "Nail polish hides a multitude of sins", she'd say. She also checked the size of earrings (tiny or none at all), length of hair (off the shoulder) and proper stockings.)
"Latex" gloves?
Etc., etc.

Sometimes progress is a good thing! 💉
(4)

Sue here is an old nursing story that will make your hair curl. I promise I had nothing to do with this one. The night nurses on one ward which consited of four side rooms of six beds.
Doing rounds they went into one room and found a female patient had died. They were terrified of what night sister would do when they called her. The patient had been dead a while and was very cold.
So being resourceful girls they filled the bathtub with hot water and carried the body to the bathroom. they let her soak for a while till she was nicely warmed up , put on a clean gown and carried he back to bed. Night sister duly arrived when called and pronounced the patient dead. As she was leaving she turned back and said " Funny how did her hair get so wet?"

The Medical student on pain of death were forbidden to set foot in the nurses home, but their residence looked out over some of the nurses home windows. On morning there appeared  a mysterious set of  white footprints on the wall of the nurses home and appeared to enter a room on the 4th floor. No one ever found out who did it. Matron was not amused.
(6)

Speaking from experience, old nursing stories are fun now.....but they sure weren't then!
(3)

Thus proving Veronica has always been a real tough cookie and the same smart girl today. I love her stories! Especially the old nursing stories!
(5)

I bit a dentist when I was about 7 or 8. He put his fingers in my mouth to force it open. He realized his mistake and I did not get my filling. This was a school dentist and he had a foot powered drill and we were sat in a hard wood chair with the head pushed back over the top. No local anesthetic in those days either.
(4)

Becky - we had a dentist in our small town that had that happen too - kid bit him, he slapped the kid, the mother slapped the dentist and a lawsuit ensued with the mother suing the dentist and the dentist counter-suing for the injured finger and assault charges against the mother. What a mess. Never heard the outcome of the lawsuits, but he's no longer a dentist here. He left town.
(4)

I hope his meal was better than the Viking's hoca fare - 😂
(5)

My husband is building an Arby's in Oklahoma. Some people took him out to eat in a town they called hoca for short on the lake. All I could think of was Miss Madge and the Viking lol!
(7)

For their Birthday todaySend,weve been playing cat games all morning.I poured a whole bag of catnip all over their 4 scratchy scratches and they playfought for a while and then all crashed out.When they got up,we put on the music and did The Beanie Baby Boogie and then they had their favorite treat,a broth with anchovies and now they're crashed again.There's more in store when they wake up again.I love them so much and I'm so grateful they came and now my husband is too.He even brushes them sometimes.
(8)

When I was five, I was having wing bite x-rays. The dentist said “bite down hard”. I did as told. The dentist screamed and pulled his finger out of my mouth dripping blood.
(7)

You are funny Gershun.

Happy Birthday in remembrance of your lovely Mom, who shares a birthdate with Luckylu's kittens, today one year old.

MsMadge,
Imo, that remark was very unprofessional coming from the receptionist.
If you wanted to behave badly, you missed your chance to say to the waiting patients,
"Run, NOW, don't go in there!"
(7)

I don't know much about James Dean. I was just trying to be funny.......:P
(3)

I expect James Dean was far more sinned against than sinning.

MsMadge, why *wouldn't* you eat pizza in bed in the afternoon with your loving SO? Certainly beats eating it on the sofa in the evenings with your (pizza-)loving dog.
(3)

MsMadge, I laughed out loud at the end of your comment. I would have been one of those scared. One time, I was in my dentist chair waiting for the dentist when a child started crying hysterically. The longer I laid there, the more scared I became. Almost fled but ... I made it this far, I might as well finish it.. But I'm still chuckling, imagining myself in the waiting room.. hearing an ADULT cussing!
(4)

Took the Viking to the dentist for a cleaning today - she wasn't in the mood

I tried bribing her
that didn't work
I tried holding her hand
that didn't work

So I gave up and let her cuss a bit then scolded her

When she was done and we were headed out
The receptionist said the patients in the waiting room were
Getting scared
(8)

Lol Gersun!
Back in the time, I don't know how a woman could feel a pinch all that well what with wearing girdles and all.
(4)

Well, get this. Clark Gable was a bit of a rogue too. Apparently, he pinched my Mom's bottom. When she turned around, all affronted he had the nerve to say..............now wait for it..............Can you guess? Okay, I'll just say it. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!
This is just a rumor mind you..............May or may not have happened. But with all these stories going around........everyone is suspect, right? :)
(3)

Family tale that way way back in the last century my aunt - the Viking's sister - was at the beach and Errol Flynn was there and took a liking to her- never-mind my uncle was with her
Flynn had his bodyguard put my uncle in a trash can so he could get my aunt on his boat 🚣
Swashbuckling pirate
(9)

MsMadge,
Lunch.
We have been buying out a lot, eating out much more to stay away from home during the asbestos demolition in our neighborhood. There were no construction workers today, so I was resting from being away from home so much.
(3)

Oh give it time CWillie. While we're at it lets wake up the dead from their graves.......maybe Errol Flynn, James Dean.
(3)

Can anyone be surprised that a bunch of boys in a successful band were out s***ing around with anyone that was willing? Shouldn't we start calling out mick jagger & paul mccartney et al too?
(3)

Send, you stop that! You gave me a scare..............you little nut!

CWillie, yes, Hedley, one of those bands that will never have International success and probably have lost their Canadian fans too.
(3)

Send
Why are you eating pizza 🍕 In bed in the afternoon?
(3)

Cwillie,
Yeah, you shoulda been here to see hubs face. And then, his laugh, leaving him with a smile. He also said similar: "You had me going there for a minute".

Lizzy,
I still ate it.
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter