Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Put a Claritin inside the Viking's egg, MsMadge.

Then add 3 red jelly beans for her.
(1)

My much older siblings thought it funny to crack their hard boiled eggs on my little head
I did not
(3)

I washed my plastic eggs last night - per the instructions -
and was getting ready to fill them when hoca called to say the Viking is getting sick - congestion and cough - they're also short staffed given the holiday and I only have one private caregiver for 2 hours at dinner for her

I'm gonna need more jelly beans to get through today
(2)

Just do not know what it is about traditions from childhood......
Hard boiling those eggs (except for o n e ), dyeing them all.....
Learning to cope by spinning any egg you plan to eat because your brother is most likely to have given you the uncooked faster spinning egg.

Instead of hiding eggs, I have always had to hide the chocolate bunnies because they would be eaten by others.

(2)

But are they c h o c o l a t e dyed?
(1)

Ralph's is selling a dozen pre-dyed eggs for $4.99
(2)

And, they are C h o c o l a t e !
(1)

Of course not, and who'd want to eat real bunny eggs if they did? Easter eggs are magical eggs delivered by a magical bunny... they come from the easter egg tree.
(2)

The news reported that 10,000 people have asked, do easter bunnies lay eggs?
(2)

I slept past the sunrise service and have been on the phone with a cousin for the last hour so it looks like I'm not going to make it to the 11:00 service either (well I could if I hurry but...). Well, maybe next week.
(5)

Happy Easter!!!🐣🐰🐇
(2)

Happy Easter Everyone!
(2)

Continuing with abbreviation meangings:

N A G S

North American Grebe Society

(0)

A rare sunny day here. A while back, we committed to a family party (great-nephew is turning the big 3). As today rolled around, kinda wish we had said no! Oh well. The shindig is near a district with ethnic restaurants, brewpubs and food trucks. We’ll put in our time with Team Dysfunction, then scoot out for a sanity stop. And I won’t have to cook dinner tonite. 😃
(4)

I'm remembering the Easter weekend about 5 years ago when older bro brought his kids up to grandma's house for the weekend. I taught him how to boil eggs (lol) for coloring and SIL hid treats in back yard for the 2 younger ones to find the next day. Wake up the next day to discover that squirrels had gotten into all the plastic eggs and ate the candy. :-)
(7)

Thank you Send! That song reminded me of Daddy. I'm smiling now. Nighty Night!
(1)

"Smile"

Smile tho' your heart is aching
Smile even tho' it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky
You'll get by

If you smile
Thro' your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shin-ing thro' for you

Light up your face with gladness
Hide ev-'ry trace of sadness
Altho' a tear may be ever so near

That's the time
You must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying
You'll find that life is still worth-while

If you just smile...
(3)

MsMadge,
Have you ever actually seen any grunion?
We used to go to Huntington Beach for the firepits.
Later, it was fancy restaurants waterside in Newport Beach.
Today, uh, well just nothing is happening beach-wise.
(2)

I bought a green bow tie with a little light up shamrock on it at grocery store for less than $2. I'll be wearing that today. Chicago takes its St. Pat's Day celebrations very seriously and it's on a Saturday this year, so I expect there will be all kinds of crowds out. Should be fun!

Happy St. Paddy's. 🌈☘️
(4)

Happy St Patrick's 🍀
(2)

I ended up with today off and I slept ALL DAY. It was great. Now, of course the problem is that I'm wide awake and I will want to be heading out to work about 9am. It's nearly 3... Oh well.
(1)

Catchy tune, Madge, I'm familiar. But pretty sure that lyric says "1966" in it. ;-)
(1)

Woo ohh
I'm a Rebel just for kicks now
I've been feeling it since 1966 now
It might be over now but 
I feel it still 
(2)

Send
The grunion are runnin
Wanna have a wienie roast at the beach ?
(2)

I once found a forgotten Easter treat when I was hiding the goodies the next year. The dilemma was - do I toss it, eat it or just leave it to be found with all the new stuff?
(3)

Gershun and Countrymouse,
No worries about hiding Easter eggs around here.
By the time Easter arrives, the eggs and bunnies will have been moved around so many times that they will be lost, and we may forget to look for them.
Hubs will have hidden one for himself somewhere.....I am sure to find it since I am still organizing....in time for Christmas.
(3)

Boots,
My Daddy would say: "You can't be out after dark".
(3)

Send, Daddy would say " There's always more fish in the sea" if you needed a new boyfriend. But if you had 6 at the same time, well...your being a little piggy! And you would be getting a declaration of "Be careful what you wish for" lol!
(3)

Send, telling your husband to run and find the egg you had eaten would be pure evil. But also jolly funny.
(3)

Pinch her! Pinch her now!!!

MsMadge, the Easter Egg, the big Easter Egg this year is $20 at our fave store!
Don't do it!

Last night, I shared the silver bunny with hubs, it had white chocolate.  He was criticizing that white chocolate is not really chocolate.  I turned my back for a minute, and he ate the last piece.
So, I may have to hide his little chocolate bunny.  Well, not really, because that bunny will be sitting there torturing me until waaaay after Easter.  
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter