Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Gershun here................probably too late to catch up with you guys! I'm backwards. I stay up all night and sleep during the day now.

So just to catch up. I have a tendency to sit on my glasses. I've done this twice now in the last six months. So Hubs and I went to the optometrist and he is a super nice guy. Fixed my glasses for free. While he was repairing them my Hubs was chatting up the woman who worked there. I tuned into their conversation until I realized they were both ignoring me. I started trying glasses on and finally found one I liked. Turned out they were Jimmy Choo lenses. He's a big name in the shoe business. I did not know he designed glass frames as well. It figures the one pair I tried on that I liked were the most expensive ones there.

Then I was talking to the nice man fixing my lenses apologizing for sitting on my glasses once again. His response "thats okay we're only human" I said oh, but I'm an android. He chuckled...........then I went back to being ignored by Hubs and the chick working there.

Anywho, I guess I'll go count sheep now. Trouble with me is when I do this, I picture the sheep jumping fences and grazing and next thing I know I'm thinking about everything but sheep. Sigh.................
(2)

You went to the chiro on Friday the 13th, Send?
(2)

ER docs have their ready rooms. Maybe that’s where all the action is.
(3)

Getting back to Veronica......
"We all know why people become doctors, don't we?"
Back when most doctors were male;
Back when most nurses were female;
Doctors became doctors to marry a pretty nurse, because they just did not have time
to date after work. imo.

(3)

At the chiropractor, I asked, "what was that groaning in the next room?" " What were you doing to the poor guy?"
He answered: "The man didn't pay his bill".

Lol.
(4)

Becky,
Here is your test answers within 10 minutes! 

Anyone who can still cook the great things you do (dinner thread) is A-ok mentally.  In addition, you passed the PJ test, he married you!

So, I notice a diagnosis might depend on where you were found, and what one said when you were picked up by police.??

Does anyone have any qualms about hanging out on the brat thread then?

I haven't seen Gershun around for a long time.....

(1)

I would love to have my post injury evaluations on here. I'm sure the wait would not be as long as the neurologists office.

My first official mental health license was as a QMHE - Qualified Mental Health Examiner. Mostly worked in the Emergency room on Friday and Saturday night. Police would bring in people for evaluation. If they came in naked saying they were hiding from the CIA or Russians - pretty good bet was they were having a schizophrenic episode. Passed out naked on the sidewalk - usually a drunk. Really a high tech positions. Actually working the ER was a good gig. In a rural health hospital in WV or rural Maine not very complicated back in the late 90's and early 2000's. Now it's opioid, fentanyl and heroin overdoses...one after another. So sad I could cry.
(5)

Bo Peep's at the chiropractor waiting on Send...
(2)

Where has little Bo Peep gone?
(2)

My chiropractor wants to see me today.
(2)

If t h e sheep are disappearing, CWillie, where are they going?

I would be so concerned of their disappearances, that I could not sleep. This is because my Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills. (Sheep).
(1)

Oh, shoot me, did I just lose half my audience because I am a brat?
(0)

Re: sheep
Of course there are sheep.
999 of them.
(1)

CWillie,
Re: Counting....
Don't they have sheep in Canada?

Re: Testing...
I have observed the tester, after the first correct answer, to NOT be following the answers given. Apparently, if you are 1) able to follow directions, and 2) get one question correct, YOU PASS.

Asking the tester to first take the test, well....that would be being a brat.  Most could not do it.
We all know why people become doctors, now, don't we?
(1)

What if I asked the person giving the test to go first, do you think they could do it?
(3)

When I can't sleep I sometimes count backwards from 999, should I start counting by 3's or 7's instead? I'm afraid I would never get to sleep that way.
(4)

Becky,
Ok, because you also had trauma to the head, would you mind being put on the brat list for the mini-mental exam? If so, check in whenever you want, it will save so much on doctor's fees. For you, and for Lizzy.

Counting backwards from 3 would be a whole lot easier than 7.
Because for those subtracting with their fingers, it is easier to use just one hand.
(2)

In Canada, the NH probably did have rye crackers and coke on that tea cart?
I just cannot accept that CWillie would be so bad as to be joking around that much, lol.

Is it true CWillie? Are you a real brat now? Welcome.
(0)

You also need to know the name of the current president. Also practice counting backwards by 3 - some docs and hospitals use that.  Or you could be defiant like PJ's little girl Liv. Drug baby with some problems. When the questions they ask her get too hard her answer is "what's wrong with You? Don't you remember I have problems?"
(2)

CW,

Rye and coke! I’m guessing that wasn’t Rye Bread! Too funny!
(2)

Yikes!
I always know what day it is. Unless I have the need to be in front of a calendar, which is rare, I do loose track of the date. Is this a warning sign?!? LOL. I better start practicing keeping up with that! It would be an answer that would be good to have for my future exams.
(1)

When they were going through the NH dining room with the juice cart I asked for a rye and coke, was that bad? I mean I know they only serve juice there, I should have asked for vodka and OJ.
(3)

Omg. Missed the post with the exam. LOL. Ain’t it the truth!

This experience has taught me one thing for sure. SLOW DOWN! Not necessarily what I try to accomplish in a day but at the speed I try to accomplish said tasks! No more moving my feet at 100mph.

I do not have the grace of a gazelle, never have. If I don’t slow the heck down I am just asking for trouble.
(1)

According to my family, I am the only one needing these tests.
I actually asked my brother the other day, what day is it, and he did not know the answer, said it did not matter, that he did not care since he retired recently.

His results: depression after retirement. I will check back with him in a month.
If I remember.
(2)

Thanks Send,

Hubby did make a comment that my pea brain might have fallen out when I bopped my head. Not true I have proof!

I feel like I have completely recovered. I have to admit I was worried there for a couple weeks. I could speak a sentence but I found myself searching for the last word. And just a general feeling of being “spaced out”.

Since I typed that last post I opened a piece of mail. It was a refund check from the glass company. I paid them twice during the whole head injury fiasco.😬

Anyway, I usually do get copies of more important test results. I have a file. I have it on my list to do next week.

I do have a normally scheduled checkup with PCP on 4/30. I think he will be surprised I can now pass the field sobriety test that I failed so miserably in his office during this fiasco.

Given my family history, I think mini-mental exams on a regular basis are in order.
(2)

Today is Friday.
(0)

Start by counting backwards from 100, subtracting 7 each time.  It might be a good idea if we ALL started practicing the answers now, writing it down, memorizing it.

When my eyes were being tested, I had to admit to the O.D. doctor that I was no longer sure if I was memorizing the letters before me, or seeing them ok.

Answer this: "Who is the president of (wherever you live)". Don't say the name, it is enough that you know. lol. factoid: I just don't want to hear it said out loud. Mwah ha ha ha.
(1)

Lizzywho,
I had an MRI in the year 2000, and was grateful it showed a brain in there, somewhere.

Get a copy of the test results, read it.

Use it later to document to your family whenever they make jokes about your brain functioning.

I hope you have recovered completely, or soon.  It is not a reflection on your brain if you had to fire a contractor.

Come back often, and the brats here will give you a free, mini-mental exam. lol.
(1)

V,
Yes, a high-end sort of environment, they also sell glasses. But there was no pressure, I had to leave in a hurry. When the person helping me pick glasses found I was not buying the Givenchy @ $230 for the frames alone, she dropped me like a hot potato and went on to the next commision. The manager brought me the rose-colored frames.
We dress up and do not "appear" as budget minded as we must be. My black slacks could be from the year 2000 and nobody would know, lol.
(1)

Hi Brats!

My MRI declared a “Normal Brain”. My family does not agree!

The dizziness, lack of balance, and not being able to think my way out of a paper bag was off and on for at least 2 weeks plus a few days.

Took it easy for a few additional few days. Now I am back to 100%. Bahahaha!

I am behaving badly! I voiced my displeasure, forcefully, this morning with frustrating contractor doing home repairs. He has been relieved of duty!

I’m so done. Stick a fork in me.

The few things left on our home will be done ourselves.

I will find someone else or we will handle the few things that need to be dealt with at the farmhouse my son and DIL live in.

Grrrrrr! My frustrated, impatient, brain is clicking on all cylinders and I am behaving badly! Whoop Whoop
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter