Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Mailed hard-copy of taxes today.
There was a minor bit of swearing, the
state forms were so very thick.

I wanted to be a brat on this Caregiver's Behaving Badly thread, and try to be funny.
However, there is just n o t h i n g funny at all about taxes.
(2)

That is not exactly what I would be writing on the postcards Gershun. But that is an amazing idea. Once or twice, I gathered up the shopping carts and brought them to the door so they could go home earlier.
The postcard would say:
"Boycott this store! They have their employees clock out, then gather in the lobby exit until the manager lets them out 30 minutes later!"

Against employment law if you do not pay them for that 1/2 hour.
(2)

Send, you should start writing out postcards and sending them to people "In the parking lot, you are lucky you are not here" or "in the parking lot, gifts of any kind will be accepted, especially of the chocolate variety" Start making a game out of it. Maybe they'll make you one of those human interest stories on the news. You'll be famous. Parking lot lady you'll be known as. Instead of Save the Whales t-shirts, there'll be Save Parking lot lady. Just think of it............Yes!
(4)

Are you still in the parking lot, Send ?

The uber driver texted he couldn't find you but the steak and shrimp were very tasty
(2)

That is being a brat! Love it. Keeps the kids close to home!
(1)

PJ and I are both bad. PJ fills in deep holes with snow. Boys can't see where the big holes are - drive right in and get stuck.
(3)

Becky,
If you want to be bad, take a spray can of bright yellow marking paint and spray parking space lines to neaten up the yard until the snow melts.
(2)

MsMadge,
Please send Uber with a HUG! Lol.

Thanks for thinking of me.
Taxes are not done yet.
How about you?

Hurry, Panda closes before in n out.  They have steak and shrimp!
(1)

Ok, Becky, here is your ~~~~HUG~~~~~!!
Could you please tell me how many lakes there are in your state, counting them backwards, take away 3?

It is not like you to be so serious, and I do not have a single comeback for the seriousness of the homeless issues. It has been in the news a whole lot, I understand.
(1)

Send,
I'm leaving hoca and heading to either panda or inn n out
You want me to send an uber your way with dinner ?

Hope you're taxes are done
(1)

Becky,
When I pick up dH from work, everytime I have to wait for the employer to let them out.
I am not sitting in parking lots because I am homeless. I never thought that I would be just a driver for dH either. Retirement should look more like what you are experiencing: A place at a lake, with family around. Good on you smart lady.  Enjoy!
(4)

Send, Sad, but there are several elderly people who live in cars around here. Once the weather gets better and they can get off road, they'll be staying out in the woods. Homelessness here is bad. It's mostly young mothers and kids or older people with no support system. In the winter I always read about seniors in rooms or found in cars deceased. A couple of years ago a bag lady died on a bench next door to the police station.
(2)

I hope there isn't a parking lot in my future. Although when all of our children and grandchildren are visiting, the front yard looks like a parking lot. So maybe I'm there already. Once the snows off we're having the parking area across the road regraveled so they're not in the yard. The cars have been kind of a growing thing. As grandchildren have reached 16 and gotten a car, the yard has become a parking area. Truly ugly in the snow.
(1)

Anyone see themselves sitting in parking lots for their retirement plan?

Mwah
(2)

Thank you for the hugs!
Dinner is over, going to bed soon.

This was just a busy, but normal day.

t a x e s .......getting me down.
(2)

Hi everyone!
Going out to get dH from work soon.
Please send hugs to me on my wall, by private p.m.
Hugs, I need some hugs.
Even UBER drivers need hugs.

Does anyone else just need a hug?

I am okay, I think.
(5)

Maybe it's from taking care of Mother for so long. I knew anything could happen at anytime and I'd better get all the sleep I could when I had the chance or maybe it's from going nonstop all day everyday and I'm just exhausted and I just crash.
(4)

That's why you are Lucky lu! :)
(3)

That would do it Gershun,but I don't seem to have any trouble sleeping.As soon as my head hits the pillow,I'm out.
(4)

CNN puts me to sleep sometimes. Listening to Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon going on and on and on and on about Trump............I'm nodding off just thinking about it. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(5)

Windy, is Alex still driving? Haven't watched the show in a couple of years. I also liked the show with the big rig tow trucks.... and the tornado chasers. Those two shows are gone since our cable provider stopped showing the Weather Channel :(
(2)

Oh my goodness. I fall asleep to all those true-crime “disappearance and murder” shows, too!
(3)

I save golf for daytime naps.
(2)

Yeah, forensic files is great stuff. But even more sleep inducing is golf, nascar, baseball, or the ultimate.....ICE ROAD TRUCKERS.
(5)

FF, My go to is Forensic Files. The narrator's voice puts me to sleep and keeps me asleep.
(6)

Never tired counting sheep. I find if I tune into 48 hours murder mystery that I doze off 15-30 minutes before knowing who was the murderer.

So now on Saturday nights, I tune into the old reruns of Columbo, as one knows who is the murderer the first 10 minutes :)
(4)

Peep?
(0)

Bo
(0)

To be honest I don't count sheep; I count bricks as I build a wall or shovelfuls of dirt as I turn over the soil or rocks as I load them into a truck.... anything repetitive and dull that can get my mind out of whatever place is keeping me from sleeping. If I counted sheep I would probably count them as they passed through the chute on their way to get tagged or vaccinated, I guess that image is a holdover from my farm girl upbringing :P
(2)

I’ve always wondered about counting sheep. Do they line up neatly and wait to be counted?
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter