Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Send don't you live in a Condo,, or am I remembering wrong? ( yes I do worry about early ALZ...) My DD's condo fees pay for a lot of things, and I would think water damage from a unit above yours would be covered? Hers was covered when the upstairs unit bathroom flooded. they redid her ceilings.
(2)

Oh, Send.

"...this is just such a little issue." ???

Not to you it's not.

It isn't that I don't applaud your consciousness of others who have bigger and more difficult battles to face, I do. But as well as size of problem, there is such a thing as proximity of problem, and your water issue doesn't need dealing with any less because other people are worse off.

You may, to divert you, be interested to know that the device you used up there about what you're going to do is called 'tmesis': the insertion of one word into another word to lend rhetorical emphasis.

I only know that because it came up on a programme called QI (stands for Quite Interesting), which I used to watch off-and-on, a panel game show ostensibly about esoteric as opposed to general knowledge but actually just an excuse for the participants to show off. Amusingly, often, to be fair.

The host, having explained it, invited the panellists to give their own examples of tmesis. Jo Brand contributed "Scunthorpe" a small and unremarkable town in Yorkshire.
(1)

Intermittent sleep, that is what I like!

Running out of swear words.
(0)

Ok, I need to know exactly who are the three brats who clicked "like" on Gershun's post?
We should all be sorry for chasing away those who are offended by pooh talk.
Sorry, NOT sorry, because I am being a brat. Very busy being bratty. It is really a difficult job, ya know?
However, the new website has mentioned several million viewers, now that is a little intimidating, but I am sure they are just logging in to learn how to change diapers over on some wonderful "how-to" thread.
(4)

Gershun,
Thanks anyway, but I think the color would be a little off for me.
A Superhero Cape is needed, nothing else will do.

There are some other brats that might own one, but I am looking for one that helps me fly. But, thank you for your offer. You are probably the baddest brat I know.

Mally, Realistically on the repairs.....my RV was a traveling house with bathroom, tub, sink, stove, and, what else, but a water heater! The water heater did need repairs, as well as t h e slide out rooms, and the repairs to the mechanical portion of a huge vehicle.
Worse than a house. imo.
(2)

Send, my Superhero's cape is at the laundry mat but you can borrow my poo-flinging cape. It's fairly clean........although there is are some diarrhea splatters on it but it still works.
(7)

BTDT.
Thanks Mally for what was an ideal plan, but we aleady did that.
Our mistake was having only the RV, with no home base. When it
came to repairs, we did not have the money to fix the generator.
When dH said No to emptying the tanks, going to the l aundromat,
hooking up, unhooking, driving, that all fell to me.

We tried a senior apartment, and found the drug addicts angry pounding at my door for basically speaking out, or trying to avoid them.

And yes, it is time for a change, a huge family is moving next door complete with rude, yelling, aggressive, hostile, smoking, reckless car drivers traveling in groups of 4-5 belligerant, late night drunks, allowed because the matruarch is a senior.

I won't do well in the current environment.
(3)

Send, is it time for a change? Senior citizens complex, with all repairs done by them, retirement center, or something? Here we have several couples, one of the two which doesn't need it, living together in the independent living section of a nice AL for about $3500-$4000 a month. We're RVers and are probably going to spend at least winters down south soon. Repairs should be minimal, less than a house, and if my hubby, who can fix everything, doesn't want to, can drive the RV to a repair place. (?) It will sure be nice not to be on the hook for maintenance and repairs; this place always needs something...
(1)

Oh thank you Countrymouse! Still don't know how to interpret the pooh, he now says it is for personal humor.

About the water????
What am I going to DO?
Absolutelyf-ing-NOTHING!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha, see me after the full moon has waned.???
Send the men in their little white coats?
Wait up! I must pay the rent first.

Camping out here on the brat thread.
So very nice to have a magical friend in you, CM, a literature genius.
Off to poohbear stories to discover why dH named his browser Pooshoneypot.
Thinking of the Native Americans trying to defend their water rights, and the resident's of Flint Michigan bad water crisis-this is just such a little issue.

(1)

I just want to thank myself, a hero, in a neighborhood of 50+ neighbors, 50+ more neighbors in the condos above us, no one but me (myself!) could affect a change and a repair of the condo's sprinkler, which was waking people up twice a week at 3:00 a.m.

During my own crisis, it was a single-handed effort, and was successful! I wrote flyers, marked the hole in the ground with red flags (just happened to have leftover on hand for another crisis I am fighting in my own neighborhood), and, placed a 25 foot caution tape from the broken sprinkler hole over to my property to mark where the water was battering my carport. That noise would wake up a hibernating bear, but over the past two months, dH said at 3 a.m., I am not going.

So, thank you so very much, Sendme2help! Amazing, caring, burnt out person that you are. Many good blessings to you today! Now, just try to get out to the gym to get that shower that you can no longer take at home! And have a great week! Gershun, can I borrow your "hero's superwoman cape?"

It is not over yet! But I sure felt like it was.....
(6)

"Very good honey this, don't know when I've had better..." - the Heffalump, in Pooh Bear's nightmare about losing all his honey.

Unless it was the empty honey pot Pooh and Piglet gave Eeyore for his birthday, along with a burst balloon.

Send, what *are* you going to do? What happens now about the water?
(2)

Waking up, I realized that I am at the end of my rope. I cannot do "this" anymore.
When the hot water heater burst, dH was able to remove it over a period of two days, this with an injured joint in hand and severe arthritis and scoliosis in back. I too have over-exerted keeping 
e v e r y t h i n g. else going, and trying to figure out what to do with the wet carpet, as I am sitting on the newly broken toilet seat.  It i s not right to expect him to do more, when he is spacing out, having increased symptoms of cognitive decline.  Neither of us are going to make it through this, I am sure.

So when he was at church, lol, lol....I organized the kitchen. On his computer monitor, up pops the words: pooshoneypot.

I would be roflol, but would never be able to get up off the floor; and as he is laughing, trying to explain to me what pooshoneypot means, I just walked away.

(2)

Brat was here, 3:25 a.m.
Nothing much happening here, but even though the condo neighbors had their sprinkler fixed (was flooding the carport, making noise, rat-a-tat, rat-a-tat, very loud), I am still awake at 3:00 a.m.
The moon is full, but there are no rings around it like Bookluvr reported last night.
(2)

Good to hear you are fine.
(0)

Send, I'm doing fine.

I spent two days this week taking a state course on applications for NH Medicaid. I probably lost a few brain cells. It was oh so boring.
(2)

Sorry Becky,
There seems to be some overlapping print on some computers.

But I guess that means you are okay! Passing all tests after a concussion....
adminstered brat tests don't count, you know that.
(0)

That is interesting Send. i would have been tempted to mess with it also. Quite scary to think about. I believe in Arizona a self driving car ran over a woman and killed her.
It's crazy, to think that computers are perfect and will not fail.
We will hear more stories such as the woman in Arizona, by the machines. Wait and see. It's an un-sane world we live in now.
(2)

Hey, any brats still up tonight?
Today, dH and I were following a Tesla.
He says: "That is a self driving car, you know?"
I got all excited, and was even tempted to mess with it, coming close to it, wondering if it would throw out a spike strip to protect itself (like in the old James Bond movies), or Batman's car. ha ha. But, I didn't.

Watching it drive itself, it crossed the line on the driver's side (that is the left in the USA)
several times; it changed lanes too often, and was unsafe in traffic-imo. It blinked only twice as it changed lanes between cars, so quickly, the car behind it would not have had time to speed up and cut it off from changing lanes.
I decided that I might try being that bold when changing lanes, as I don't need permission that these crazy drivers won't give way anyway.  The Tesla knew where to go, same place as we were going to return the work shirts for hubs, the New Nordstrom Rack-quite expensive imo.
That is tonight's Tesla story.
(6)

Becky,
You said: "Went to the new site. It's okay, but I don't like all of the overlapping print. It's messy looking and hard to read."

I checked, did not find any overlapping print. Because I was wondering about your vision after the head injury. I know you must have the very best of care, so I am not going to worry, and I certainly don't want to make you uncomfortable. But I could not find anything funny in there at all. So, let's go with the overlapping print.....where is it?
(0)

Becky, oh good heavens, I know whenever someone says to me that Snopes or PolitFacts.com [I like the pants-on-fire section] or Factcheck.org are fraud that there is no use trying to debate that person. Their mind is already made up, and their ears are closed.
(4)

Yes! Maybe sleep on one of those pilates machines, all twisted into a pretzel?
The price is right, and they are open 24 hours, with a Costco next door.
(2)

"sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi"

I think you should move into the gym, it sounds lovely and where else could you find accommodations for only $30 a month? 🤪🙃
(2)

People here are hardly allowed to smoke tobacco so I doubt we will see second hand smoke from recreational weed becoming a problem. Medical marijuana seems to be more of a thorny issue - should people have the right to "take their medication" at work or in any other place where smoking would normally be restricted?
(4)

MsMadge,
There is NO HOT WATER
NO RUNNING WATER, EVEN COLD,FROM THE SHOWER.

No hot water heater.

But there is a new gym membershio ($30/mo.) with showers, pool, sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi, , oh, and did I say SHOWERS!

There are 4 large pans of water (tap water) on the stove for sponge baths.

We have five 2 gal. clean, bottled drinking waters.  
And, challenges galore.

The only thing hot is our tempers.  Actually, I am still up right now because the 3 a.m. sprinklers went off at the condos above us, dumping again (tues. and fridays in the spring) huge amounts of water from their broken sprinkler.  I drove over there, shined a light on the area, as they all were sleeping nicely, and could not locate the broken sprinkler, at 3 a.m.  It had turned off by the time I got there.  Why is this all up to me to fix?  I cannot even take a shower in my own home!

CM, yes, I had to check on the pot story. Nothing about having to breathe in other people's pot seems real to me, so I have been checking if there are really laws allowing pot smokers to smoke legally, removing my rights to breathe clean air. If that makes me unpotular.....ok!

We should start another thread..."The Day today" for caregivers.
(2)

Send. Seriously. C'mon.

You had to *check* that the potheads' universal pardon story was fake?

Mind you. Oh thank you for reminding me of this one...

Wayyyyyy back we had a series called "The Day Today." It was a news satire; although, tellingly, I once dropped off during it, woke up to see an economics story presented as a cowboys' shoot-out, assumed it was still on and then found that, no, I was in fact watching the late news...

All the best satire is only a whisker away from the truth.

Anyway.

The Day Today had a story about clamping the homeless. It was a new police initiative to deter rough-sleeping - offenders found actually asleep would be clamped and then removed in the morning. They had the pictures to prove it. They also interviewed a celebrity - I think it was Kim Wilde, the singer - and her horror and outrage at the story were definitely not fake.

Chris Morris got into serious trouble - well. Throughout his career Chris Morris has got into trouble, it pretty much IS his career - later on when he ran a Paedophilia discussion which featured celebrity victims talking utter, patent rubbish quite voluntarily. A lot of people were extremely angry, questions in Parliament, that kind of thing, they said because he had "trivialised" the subject. Actually, they were angry because he had exposed vast swathes of superficiality and hypocrisy; but then that does tend to make people terribly angry, doesn't it? He couldn't very well complain.

Like The Life of Brian. The only person *not* satirised in the Life of Brian is Jesus. Brian is not supposed to represent Jesus. Brian goes to the Sermon on the Mount, for heaven's sake. The three kings take back their gifts when they realise their initial mistake, and go to offer them to the real baby Jesus instead. Brian CANNOT be supposed to be Jesus, because Jesus is (respectfully and tangentially) represented elsewhere in the film. But everywhere the film was banned and condemned for its "blasphemy." Nope. Sorry, dear godly folks. Monty Python were not laughing at God or Jesus. They were laughing at... you.

Margaret Thatcher wanted to ban IRA spokesmen from the broadcast media. The law said she couldn't. But she could legally disrupt their actual appearances in interview. So the BBC showed the interviews but with an actor speaking the words in voiceover. This was not satire, this was true.

The Day Today ran the same story, except that in their version the spokesmen had to inhale helium before they talked.
(1)

Do you have clean water yet, Send?
(1)

Went to the new site. It's okay, but I don't like all of the overlapping print. It's messy looking and hard to read.

I listen news on NPR and I watch news on PBS. I gave up on CNN a couple of years ago after they spent four months covering that missing airplane. FF I know exactly what you mean about the fact checker sites. I wrote something to a cousin about fact checker site. He blasted that saying everyone "knew" that Snopes was a fraud. But that doesn't deter me from trying to check things out.
(2)

Sendhelp, I know what you mean about the news. I use to be a political news junkie, but now it gives me a headache trying to figure out if something is actually true or story-telling.

I use to easily go into the fact checker sites, now I would need to spend half my day on those websites trying to sort through what is real of not.

I blame social media for misinformation quick transmission. Those conspiracy websites are not helping, it's like where on earth are they getting this stuff or why make up such verbiage.
(2)

Going outside tonight, there was no shooting stars visible at all, 12:30 a.m.
The Lyrid Meteor shower did not show.

This morning, on the major news station, the weather reporter said today was Saturday morning!!! I knew it was Sunday, but she made me doubt myself, and look it up!

Isn't life hard enough without misinformation going on?

Then, on a social media site, fake news is spreading that the Prime Minister of Canada
pardoned all those convicted for pot, and released them.

Looking that up on the fact checker website, it was false. Wasting my time with NEWS.
(0)

Thank you Mally. I p.m.'d you.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter