Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
CountryMouse...My dH rearranges ALOT of things around this house and in his mind~
I Never know what twisted thing he'll say or do next~
(2)

Lol, Lucky! Is your DH always that good at anagrams? :)
(1)

Send,
Did you get lost in the new site again?

Follow Gershun's popcorn trail back here
(1)

My dear dH handed me a paper with a word he had written down and said it might interest me because it was about curvature of the spine,called peyronie's disease,so I looked it up on the computer and it was bent alright,,but it sure wasn't the spine....
(6)

Where are the Brats at tonight?! Roll Call!

Usually I don't enjoy secondhand embarrassment but I got a door to door campaigner today who managed to misinterpret ALL of my political opinions...and I think he thought I was 40...so I didn't feel as bad about being snarky with him!

He was quite the gymnast; never seen someone walk down a driveway with both feet in their mouth before!
(7)

MsMadge, presumably the advertisers are thinking (correctly?) that iPad users are younger and richer than ploddy old desk-top bound people like me :)
(3)

I'm on an iPad
It's a photo of a man and a dog at beach

With colitis
Even a day at the beach is a victory
(3)

They wouldn't let me post about the ad. Lol
(2)

I only see a banner ad at the top of this page, I never even noticed it was there :P

I wonder if it depends on what device we are using to get AgingCare. I am on an old desk top computer, pre Microsoft #10. I can't use a handheld device, it makes me seasick :(
(1)

Hm, MsMadge? I'm only seeing the friendly funeral planning guide. What are you browsing on?
(2)

Is this annoying colitis ad on the new site too?
(1)

Send, I don't want to go there..........I'm scared. Come back! I'll leave a popcorn trail for you.
(5)

h e l p. m e. i. a. m l.o s t. o v e r. h e re o n t h e. n e w a g i n g.
c a r e a n d. c a n n o t. f i n d. m y. w a y b a c k !
(3)

Humm..............Send, don't quite know how to respond to that. But hope you are having fun over there.
(2)

Hi everyone! I am writing to you from the new aging care website.
It is so pretty over here, it is almost like heaven. They have flowers, squirrels, and birds and cats over here too.

When I ate all that Chili today, I served it on a blue plate.

Love from Sendhelp.
(4)

Haven't thought of my favorite snack growing up for so long.....chocolate milkshake with salted french fries dipped in. OMG, that is soon good. No one I was with wanted to sit near me 'cause it looked so weird but I was in Heaven.

I hope there are fries and chocolate milkshakes in Heaven...no calories or cholesterol of course, after all, it's Heaven!

A friend liked popcorn with her vanilla frosty.
(2)

I think it's a piece of lettuce served on a Blue plate Send~
(2)

What is the blue plate special?
(2)

Frosty and fries...yum! Now I have a craving - Thanks for that!

I feel like I have been used and abused by some in this family. Looking at it through my daughter's eyes gives me a different thought. I went into this, like a lot of people have done, blindly. And I still have blind days. They should teach all of this crap in school to every single kid. Some will retain it, some won't. My Trainor at the insurance company I used to work at, said "It is written", and to that remark today, I would have to call BS.
(1)

MsMadge, I used to love eating McD's ice cream with french fries. Then when Wendy's came on island, I found out that it's just as good eating Frosty with fries. I even showed my 2 nieces how to eat it like that when they were quite young. As teenagers, their friends freaked out when they saw my nieces eat it like that. My nieces persuaded them to give it a try. And the friends loved it, too! ... We are such a corrupting influences (sweet and salty!)
(8)

From the things you've written on the forum I'd say you are doing good deeds all the time MsMadge, I think you must be paid up for a life time.
(4)

I try to do one good deed a year - not a lofty goal, and sometimes I cheat and either don't plan one or will count one that was unintentional

Today I did two - one by happenstance - but I'm set now until 2020
(6)

MsMadge...You'd probably Love the Russell Stover's Pecan patties with Sea salt in 'em~
(4)

Kinda like milk shakes and fries
(4)

One of my girlfriends in high school used eat chocolate ice cream with crumbled potato chips on top.  She said cured the chocolate and salt cravings. I’ve tried it and it is good.
(4)

Chocolate followed by salt then back to chocolate then ....
(2)

D**n it, now I want potato chips.🤤🤤

Oh well, there are none in the house and I already have my jammies on.... I may as well go read in bed. Night night all 💤
(3)

Cwillie, try not to stress eat. It will just make you feel worse. Or it might make you feel better. Do you, don't listen to me.

I hear you guys and even though I miss my Mom so, I don't miss the nursing home visits. They broke my heart. Come to think of it I remember eating family- size chocolate bars quite a bit back then. With a family-sized bag of Lays as a chaser.
(6)

I've already polished off my family sized chocolate bar, I don't know whether to pop a pill for my backache or just keep pouring more wine.
(3)

We have a Mother's Day tea tomorrow at 2:00, of course it is over on the Retirement Home/AL side. I have no idea what this event entails but based on past "special" days it will be coffee/tea and cookies with no thought for special diets or space for wheelchairs. It really doesn't matter because mom is put to bed in the afternoons, and I've learned that skipping bed time may also mean skipping diaper checks since they need to lift her into bed to change her.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter