Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Front porch, stairs, railing/bannister/balcony.
Bend over, lean over the railing. Only his naked upper torso shows.
Impossible not to see this in direct line of sight.

O dear, looked away and fell down two stairs......

Think I will take a picture, send it to you Ali. Lol.
(2)

Don't look, Send. lol

But what is this "hanging off the balcony?" Was that a typo? He's not literally hanging from his balcony, is he? Is there a hammock or a tire swing???? lol

Edit: Using the Edit button to show that it's still there for 30 minutes after posting comments. ;-)

Happy Silly Sunday, Send.
(1)

That said, what I really need help with is a new neighbor, visible from my front porch sliding glass window.

Obese, outside in his shorts or hanging off the balcony. That is gross and no one wants to see this shirtless wonder, not even his wife!

So far, I have restrained myself from shouting out:. "Put on some clothes!".
Help me brats!
What can I do?
(2)

Just cannot see very well on this tiny phone, do we still have an EDIT feature?
(3)

Desperate for a little help here.....
dH has been collecting used paper plates, to my chagrin and frustration.

Today, I behaved very badly, and so he could see, I spit on both plates saying:. "Here honey, would you please put these in the trash?"

He was grossed out, actually said I was uncouth, obnoxious, and rude.

I reminded him of his favorite movie . "The Titanic " where Jack (played by Leonardo DiCapprio) taught the heroine, Rose, to spit off the side of the ship.

In later scenes, Jack, being the hero that he was, sank into the freezing water......
(6)

Thanks for sharing Gershun!
Now that I am on the list, at the top, I would like to share the top spot with everyone who has ever posted on this "brat thread", and that includes you, MsMadge, and Luckylu...................
I mean. E v e r y o n e .
(5)

Tdk4Auburn,
In your situation only, I would like to advise:
1). Waiting on authorities to do the right thing by your Mom will not always have the desired result. You can help her by finding the AL near you.
2 . Keep in mind that a woman who has stayed with her abusive husband all these years may not be able to leave him, and if competent, may decide to stay.
3). Follow your Mom's lead, take her where she wants to go as much as possible. Show her the AL, as if she is choosing from many options.

Now that you have posted here on "Caregivers Behaving Badly" thread, you can come back anytime and we will try to lend you support for your difficult situation through the use of humor, acting out, and any other crazy ideas we can come up with.

On the second day of Autum, I suggest you buy a pumpkin pie, or eat chocolate!
(4)

That sounds like there's a heck of a back story to your situation, tdk. I second Ali's suggestion that you start a new thread; but meanwhile hugs and welcome.
(4)

Hi tdk4auburn, you've posted your comment/question in an open discussion thread, and while there's no issue with that and maybe you will get some good feedback on this thread "Caregivers Behaving Badly," you would likely reach a wider audience here on AgingCare if you were to use the Ask A Question feature.

In the top left corner of the screen there are three horizontal lines next to the logo AgingCare. Click on those three lines, first item in that drop down menu is Ask A Question. Use that to post the exact comment you just made here, or reword or whatever, and ask the forum for input that way if you'd like to reach more people. :-)
(10)

Being the only child at 46 and watching your mother go through dementia at 67 and as I drop her back home after she stays with me and our family for a few days. I cry as I watch her sit on the front porch with my father who is so mean to her and it bring backs memories of him beating her for over 15 years but she doesn't recall any of the beatings but I remember everyday of them as I see him. my father has nothing to do with me and it hurts me to leave her but after a week I need a break. I live three hours away and it breaks my heart but the courts decided to appoint a guardian and conservetor over her and they are about to do a home check. I hope they decide to let her live near me in a assisted living but they have been married 47 years. I hope someone has insight because I have read everything out there.
(3)

I used to turn up my nose at pickled beets but now I love them - yum! But the idea of ketchup on beets🤢
(1)

Pickled beets are yucky,but cooked beets with sugar and butter are really good,kind of like candied carrots.
I love 'em,but my dH won't touch them and even if he did,he'd probably smother them with ketchup.
(1)

My Mom used to get pickled beets all the time. Ugh!!

MsMadge, I'll share No. 1 Brat spot with Send!
(2)

You are #2 brat, Send, behind Gershun
(2)

Please put me on THE BRAT LIST.
(1)

Just got home from tucking in the Viking as caregiver texted that she was coughing quite a bit at dinner

she was wide awake at 11 pm so I gave her a juice box and said our prayers

I had the left the door open for a little light and another resident walked in and grabbed mom's comforter - good thing the Viking saw her as my head was turned and I didn't hear her - we practically had a tug of war in the hallway- no wonder mom's pillows and pillow cases keep disappearing
(7)

Hoca never has bacon or pancakes

the red might be watermelon as they serve bites of melon with breakfast
(2)

pureed pickles??? relish???? I am wondering what the red is too - bacon?
(3)

Yellow egg and white pancakes but you've got me wondering what the red part is MsM. The syrup sounds good though - mmmm, syrup 😋
(3)

Puréed pickles - oh my 🤢

well, hoca doesn’t purée the regular meal

it’s always a ribbon of white, a ribbon of lime green and a ribbon of poop brown
always cold with a little pitcher of whatever soup they had

for breakfast, it’s yellow, white and red and drenched in pancake syrup
(2)

From the items I've tasted it isn't usually the flavour that is a problem with the purees, it is more the presentation and the stubborn philosophy that everyone should enjoy the same menu choices. That's OK when they are serving a straightforward meat and potatoes meal or some kind of stew, but IMO there are some meals that just shouldn't be attempted - chicken caesar salad anyone? how about a salami sandwich served as a blob of pureed meat beside a blob of the ubiquitous commercially produced and somewhat sweet bread pudding, with a generous side of pureed pickles? And depending on who is cooking that day there are often problems with texture and consistency - things are too pasty, lumpy, runny or they just plain didn't make any.
(6)

Well, I have to say mother's food looks good. It is pureed but they manage to make it look like regular food and are quite proud of it. I should taste a little but mother who has always loved her food takes it in well usually. Her NH is built on the :community: concept where there are small communities so each dining room, has about 5-6 tables, each of which has cloth napkins and tablecloths. It all looks very nice. I wish their attention to mood and meds was as good.

sue -what if your swallowing was compromised??? Your filet wouldn't get to first base. Wish it was that simple.
(4)

Who (in their right mind) would eat that pig swill? Gag 😜!
Puréed slop with no salt, no sugar, no fat, low carbs, high fiber, high antioxidants and cold from the kitchen. I'd rather starve. Bet that's why a lot of the poor old ones spit their meals out.
If I'm needing that slop to maintain my "health", then give me a filet mignon covered in butter sautéed mushrooms, a loaded baked potato, asparagus with mayo, a glass of Cabernet and a piece of pecan pie then DON'T "code" me as I die with a smile on my face!
👼🏼 😋 👼🏼

Send,
Boys (who turn into men) need more than directions, they need an instruction manual! 🤔
(6)

Cwillie
the only time hoca staff eats in the dining room is if there's a special party otherwise they bring food back in
not even the kitchen staff will eat the food
(3)

I think it would be really educational for the executive staff to eat in the dining room once a month or so, not at their own special table but scattered amongst the residents. And I'd especially like the head of dietary services to enjoy a pureed meal😂
(7)

CWillie
the only thing left out of your dinner table was someone's runny nose dripping into their soup

mom had company for dinner tonight so she got to pass the puree and have polish sausage - as you can imagine the evening staff loves polish sausage night - many residents get diarrhea 💩
(3)

My mom sits at a table of four for her meals, since she needs to be fed there is someone there to supervise the other three for most meals but when I am there to feed mom usually nobody helps the others. Tonight the crazy level was higher than usual - E didn't want to eat and was using her fingers to divide the food on her plate into two halves, L as usual talked non stop nonsense and tried to get the lids off of her drinks (covered because she tends to mix them together and pour them on her plate) and the new fellow W had no idea what he was supposed to do with the things in front of him. I decided to act like an employee and pretend to be deaf, dumb and blind to it all, but it was hard.
(7)

Maybe the boys shoulda come with directions too?
(2)

Funny, whoda thunk those candy cigs should come with directions! I thought the red tip was the lit end too. Maybe it is just a matter of preference. Boys wouldn't like the lipstick idea, now would they?
(5)

Sue1957, OMG I think you are right! I believe that it was my older sister's that told me the red tip was lipstick, our parents did not smoke and we were very naive! Lol!

I used to Love the Pink Champagne Sherbert too, Gosh I hadn't heard of that in Years! My sister's and I were just speaking of the little corner store down the street from our cousins house growing up, which sold or loads of Penny Candy, Yum! Those Red Wax Lips, Wafer Spaceships with the sour powder inside, taffys and chews, Colored Dots on Wax Paper Strips, BitOHoney, Pixy Stix!

My parents were from Wales, UK and their Candy is So Much Better than ours, IMO! Our Nana used to send us Big Parcels at Christmas, loaded with Candy and Chocolates and there used to be this one particular candy thingy, a Sherbert Fountain which was a rolled up paper (like a penny tube) filled with sherbert powder, and a black licorice stick sticking out the top, which you used to suck up the powder, it never worked, but they were fun and tasty, Lol!

Oh the fun things we remember from childhood! Wish we could go back and do it all over again! My Cousins Always had cans of Hi-C fruit drink in their fridge, and that was a treat, but there were 6 kids in our family, so we couldn't afford that, so it was KoolAid for us, but then We finally got a 7/11 store put in down the street from us when I was about 8yo, so we had Slurpies!
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter