Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Odom wins, by seniority. And howling. :)
(3)

Well that didn't work out too good with the kittens and I had to take them back to their catroom because Odom started howling and crying and I couldn't take it. I just wish so bad  that they all got along so I wouldn't have to separate them at all.
Hopefully the storming will quit soon.
(2)

The kittens were thrilled to get to come be with me in the den tonight,but my old boy cat,Odom is bummed that he had to go back to his room and I will miss being with him tonight.
It was so strange when I experienced that Earthquake in Alaska years ago. I was coming in the door to our duplex and the refrigerator was going up and down off the floor and I thought it was me,seeing things.
Earthquakes and tornadoes are bad but the worst to me would be those fires inCalifornia.
(2)

Lu- we had bad storms here too, even tornado warnings. Fierce winds came through a little while ago. I am not a fan. Hope kittens weren't too scared. Like me a scared y cat.
I have lived with Ca earthquakes where I grew up, and I would take an earthquake over a tornado any day.
Although where I live now, we have both :(
(2)

The storm is s bad and loud here tonight that  think I'll let the kittens outta their catroom for the night for the very first time ever. I hope they will let me sleep and they don't bite my face.
The Earthquake in Alaska today was a pretty big one at 7 on the rictor scale.I was in a 4.7 Earthquake when I lived there in the 80's,but my dH that grew up in Anchorage said the worst one he ever went through was when he was 14 years old and he was on his paper route and it registered 9.3 and that was in 1964.
Where I come from,I had never been through an Earthquake.I'm more used to tornado's.
(3)

MsMadge,
Everybody knows that CA earthquakes happen in January.
Behaving badly on a Friday night, nevermind me, I am not trying to scare anyone.
No, really, they happen at other times too.
Mwah haha ha.

Well, I did wake up to a 7 on the richter scale, it was on the news, and was reported in Anchorage, Alaska.
(2)

Lowe’s delivers ?

I’m getting too old to be hauling 50 lb bags

At least we didn’t wake up to a 7 point earthquake
(2)

Well, the storms are bad for so many people. Hoping everyone stays safe.
(1)

Yes, but do not empty the potting soil onto the ground, keep the bags intact. I just had to say that, because my first thoughts were, well...you know.

Good idea CWillie, she can plant in the potting soil in the spring. Lowe's delivers.
(2)

Sandbags might not be readily available but I imagine several bags of cheap potting soil from the local hardware or garden centre would work just as well.
(2)

So sorry MsMadge! Bailing water in pails at midnight---you just don't need this!

Living alone, I once called the army corp of engineers, who referred me to a guy who properly placed sandbags to prevent the rain water from entering under the guest house into the bedroom, which was sopping wet.

The sandbags can redirect the water away from your home.
(1)

Send,
light rain ? It poured and was windy. Had to get pails at nearly midnight to try and keep rain from going under the cement slab. I still need to clean the floor furnace- I was cold last night
(1)

Aww choo! Very badly!!! The fans have been off mostly so he could fly around free. The t.v. has been on 6 hours with bird videos, getting a little on my nerves now. But his twirting never bothers me. The videos have birds in the pet shop or avery, so many of them. He is very smart, and drinks water whenever I say so, or whenever we eat or drink, he does too.

There is a light rain....a very nice day off for us both.

Oh, I already mentioned the rain. It has been so rare, and unlike the fear monger news had warned us about.
(2)

Don't turn on the fan to blow the dust away, that would be behaving very badly!
(1)

Hey, MsMadge,
Did you get enough "light rain"?

The rain finally arrived here, and is a pleasant on and off again rain, mostly occuring overnight.

Tweety was lost today, I panicked, thinking he could have fallen behind something, and he suddenly got very quiet. Looking everywhere. But he found a new place overhead on the ceiling fan. Oh, there he is, looking down at me. Now I must dust the fan.
(1)

MsMadge,
She pinched you?
So sorry, she must have thought you were the turkey this year.
(1)

maybe you are just getting slower at dodging MsM? I'm glad she is still feisty!
(4)

I seem to be annoying the Viking

she pinched me several times the past couple of visits
(4)

When are we getting 'On My Mind' back? How else are we supposed to wish everybody happy holidays???
(3)

I hope she licks the plate clean MsM!
(3)

Nah, MsMadge - you've definitely got your 'five a day' there, not even counting the cocoa beans in the chocolate :)

(((Have a very Happy Thanksgiving)))
(2)

Thought I'd bring a few goodies to the Viking for thanksgiving dinner-

baked sweet potato, Mac n cheese, ambrosia, pumpkin pie, See's chocolate, maraschino cherries for a Shirley temple, honey baked ham, cranberries and sweet Hawaiian rolls

should I bother with a vegetable? 😋
(4)

Well, that is what I have been eating, turkey. I am too old to wait for the actual day of Thanksgiving.
(2)

Kinda like a turkey, huh, Send?
(2)

I have been eating like a bird.
But I feel so stuffed.
(4)

Barb that is absolutely hysterical - I can just see the congregation wondering why on earth they'd taken it into their heads to go for a little ramble in the middle of the service 😂
(2)

Send, one of the best Thanksgivings I ever had was the year after my divorce.

I signed up to serve dinners at a local Episcopal Church and met the loveliest people. I was tired and sore at the end of the day and went out for Chinese food afterwards. I felt very good that evening.
(7)

Yes, we shook hands all around!

The other highlight was when my brother and SIL proceeded elegantly to the back of the church to brings the Eucharistic Gifts to the front, as they had been told to do during rehearsal; no gifts were to be had in the rear, so they just as elegantly processed back the aisle to their seats and pointed to the officiant that the gifts were already on the altar.

My SIL got VERY good use of her lovely navy chiffon ensemble!
(5)

Sheesh.
"When people flung their potty waste out of the window, they would shout “Gardez l'eau” [gar-day low]. That's French for “watch out for the water”. We probably get the word “loo” from this expression, although some people think it comes from “Room 100” which is what European people used to call the bathroom".

You heard it here first: Loo.
(4)

Love it, BB! I hope you thanked the priest for "such a wonderful service" when you shook hands with him.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter