Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Never any chocolate for dogs.
Welcome on the brat bus Grannie Annie, take your seat until we work out the ingredients in a Boston Cake, or Boston Creme Cake?? Can you help us out?
I will have any leftover chocolate.
Isn't there chocolate on a Boston Cake? No walnuts?
I must be confused...Boston Creme Cake? I am no Martha Stewart, and would not have a clue how to make this cake. But when chocolate is happening, I will be there!

It would be evil imo to deny Mom chocolate, can you let the dog outside for awhile? It is poisonous to dogs, however.

Chocolate has a chemical in it that mimics feelings of being in love. Can we all have more love?

Are we having that for the New Years Eve party?
(1)

No chocolate? Now that is worse than bratty, that's practically evil🤣
(4)

I want a seat on the Brat Bus. 
My aunt loves Boston cake, which comes with walnuts in a bright box.  Our dog should not eat walnuts, and we told her.  She feeds him part of her cake each time.  I tried baking my own version without walnuts and slipping it in the bright box, but she won't eat it, so I stopped buying or baking cake.  Same goes with chocolate.  She gets nothing with chocolate in it.  The Dog rules, and I am suddenly deaf to complaints..
(1)

Now it is my turn-going to take nice hot shower.
Company is coming tomorrow.
(4)

Hold on CWillie, I will go look.
(3)

Happy Christmas morning everyone🤗

Did you get hubbie out of the bathroom Send?

MsM, I'm always astonished (and skeptical) when I read about the wonderful holiday buffets and activities that some people report getting at their facilities, the only ones I know of (even the "good" ones) are lot closer to the hoca than they are to the ritz.
(3)

Omg
what a Xmas eve
short staffed - no surprise
dinner looked like Chun king out of a can
but when I went to get creamer for coffee
I found a resident
bare bottomed asleep on the floor

fa la la la la
(8)

Hubs usually spends long periods of time in the bathroom. After a long while, I went to find him. He was locked in after installing a handicap door lever. It won't open.
Somehow, I already knew that I would be spending Christmas Eve alone.

No worries though, the space under the door is big enough to slide in his dinner.
As usual, dinner is going to be late. Much later.

Merry Christmas Brats!
(4)

Just don't mix up the juice with the real stuff MsMadge, when it comes to your own choice of beverage. Christmas at hoca....you may need a drink!
(1)

I bought plastic champagne glasses and sparking red, white and rose welch's grape juice for Xmas Eve at hoca - will anyone be fooled ?
(4)

The better be good or else teaching from Santa fans all those formative years
will not deter true brats from posting here during Christmas!
We will be handing out pieces of coal to the baddest behaviors, and the Grinch may make an appearance to give the caregiver awards, if you are bad enough!
(1)

Was this the one? I can't remember.
(1)

Putting rum and coca cola on the shopping list
(1)

✋✌️🖐️👐🙏👍👎
I can't seem to find the symbol I think you were referring to Send😉
(2)

Well, that is one finger you could choose, but every hand has five fingers.
Maybe you would be banned for using any finger other than the thumb.

Trader Joes has a recipe for eggnog: "We spiked Trader Joe's Egg Nog ($2.99) with Buffalo Trace bourbon ($25), Courvoisier VSOP cognac ($36), Appleton Estate Reserve rum ($38), and combinations thereof. For each drink, we used one part liquor for every five parts eggnog, a ratio we decided upon in a pre-taste test trial run."

So, yes Santa, rum.
(2)

Do you think if I start using the thumbs down emoji I'll get banished from the forum?
(1)

Rum.
adding eggnog to shopping list
(2)

We use Jim Beam at our house...One eggnog that's plain and one that's loaded~
(1)

Brandy or rum in eggnog?
(0)

Noel is french.
Joyeaux Noel means Merry Christmas.
(1)

NO ELves.
(1)

Hugs, Jennylee, sounds like a very stressful situation. I would call your local social services office and let them know your situation, that you can't continue taking care of your father long term in your home, as he is becoming more of a danger to himself, and that you have small children and it isn't a healthy situation for them either. Let them know that you have a very limited income and are unable to afford an attorney out of pocket. The caseworker may be able to help you with applying for Medicaid and helping your dad get into NH care. Some places might accept him as "Medicaid pending" once an application has been started and is in process.

Also, do you have a POA for your dad's medical and financial affairs? If not, the caseworker may be able to help with referral to legal resources for getting guardianship as well.

I would definitely contact them and see what assistance they can provide.
(2)

Big Hug Jenny
(0)

I’m absolutely stressed out. My dad is driving me crazy with his paranoid delusions. He thinks every pain warrants a trip to the er and they literally told me not to bring him back. He gets chronic utis due to a failing prostate which makes him extra crazy on occasion. Now he’s getting out of hand. Walking out the door secretly trying to get neighbors to get him an ambulance. He’s up all night and disturbing my three year old twins sleep. He’s getting more and more excitable and I literally can’t restrain him sometimes bc he’s so much bigger than me. I am trying to get Medicaid long term for him but they want a mountain of paperwork I just can’t seem to locate or have the money to provide. I’m losing my mind. Truly. Losing it.
(1)

First time I've seen this thread.  I Love it!  I am only on page 146, reading from original, but plan to read it at night, when everyone including dog is asleep.  Thanks, brats!
(3)

Geez, that's $50K a year over the decade they were doing it - those must have been some extravagant trips. And that must be some swanky school if that much $$$ wasn't missed. SMH.
(2)

Nuns embezzling and going to Vegas ???

my kind of sister act 🎰
(6)

Exiting busy store...
Big black pick-up truck comes speeding up just as we are crossing to the parking lot.
He was in a big big hurry, but stopped just 10 feet from us. We stood still after taking a few steps backwards.

Looking over, he was still stopped, and signalled for us to cross in front of him.
Lol. Hesitating, taking our time. I looked at hubs.

Pulled his arm to back up just a bit more, as we slunk behind the pylon of the building, the driver could no longer see us.

The truck driver yelled, "It,'s okay, you can cross now!" We do not move.
He shouted out again, repeat. Lol, I am laughing more now, as the driver feels obligated to wait.

He waited some more....then sped on his way.

As he passed by, ho ho ho........I cannot believe I enjoyed that so very much.

I was influenced by the movie, Grinch.
(5)

Yeah but, Ali....
The ones making the noise and haste are behaving badly.
The loud and aggressive persons are badly too.

And graceully surrendering the things of youth could get pretty brutal.
(2)

I like that, Send. I went and found some videos that have it as a spoken word, or as written verses with pretty instrumental music and scenery.

That isn't a very "behaving badly" poem, though. haha

Thanks for sharing. I hadn't come across that before and I like it very much.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter