Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
A technical genius cannot be gps tracked....lol....but my sis loaned him an I-pho n e on her account, that has helped in the past, a little bit. heh heh heh.

Last time (not New Years), he arived home on his bike just as the sheriff was here trying to locate him. He had driven the bicycle home from the hospital after falling off his bike, arriving just after midnight.

On edge for New Years drama.....
(4)

I think dH needs a GPS tracker Send 🙄🤨
(2)

Hubs cannot be trusted to make it home on the bus in a timely manner, he may ghost, disappear all night, be unsafe. He is traditionally unable to ask for help....Has been brought home by the search and rescue before.I will be there for him, but looking up bus service as a plan B.
(2)

No buses? My nearest city runs free bus service til 1:00 a.m. on new year's eve and has for years, it is supposed to cut down on impaired driving.
(7)

Australia, New Zealand, and Thailand have already rung in the New Year!
It was beautiful! As well as other countries?
California still has 11 hours to go....why am I in tears?

Don't even know as hubs prepares for work, coming home after 10 p.m. New Years Eve, and I am d r i v i n g....
The buses will have stopped, Uber will be prohibitive, too cold to bike home.

This very difficult year is almost over.
(5)

Happier healthier New Year to all

there's a cherry 🍒 danish and some amaretto coffee ☕️ calling my name
(8)

To you too, send 🎈🎈🎈
(4)

Barb,
Yes, it is fitting.

Happiest New Year ever for ALL caregivers!
(6)

Send; I just used that on a thread to a person who doesn't seem to be having a very good year (screaming hissy fitting gma with no filter). I'm sure I didn't invent it, it just seemed apt for the situation!
(2)

What is the origin of the phrase:
Happier New Year!
Have heard it twice now, is it going around? Is it new? Guessing that I like it.....

Wishing every brat here a Happier New Year!
(7)

Lol I need to bring in the New Year with some exercise to make up for eating all the sweets and carbs (love the Turtles too by the way)! Now whether I will actually do it is a different story...the best of intentions and all that. I told my husband I'm going to start doing some Sweatin to the Oldies again. Remember those? I actually still have it on VHS.
(6)

Hope everyone is recovering from their various kinds of hangovers and ready to bring in the New Year with a veggie platter!!!🥕🥕🥕 😉

Now that's bad!!! 😲
(7)

Wow. I could go with the 1/2 bag of chips, two pieces of shortbread, crackers salami and cheese, and a couple of squares of dark unsweetened chocolate. I can pig out on crackers and hummus, guacamole, liverwurst, etc. But then I need a carrot or celery. I'm not so much into sweets. Going against the trend as I know at my age many like more and more sweets.
(5)

Gershun, it sounds like a really, really bad day for you.  Sweets are the first thing I crave when emotional.  As a diabetic, I then have a sugar hangover next day.  Are you doing ok now?
(1)

No, I didn't.........that's the sad thing. I could have ate more. I love turtles.
(3)

Gershun did you get full?
My DH loves those chocolate pecan turtles.
(2)

I had one really bad day the other day. Let me list all I ate: It started with two turtle chocolates for breakfast, then a big piece of garlic bread. Then half a bag of chips, Lay's rippled. Two pieces of shortbread (150 cal. ea.) A Snickers chocolate bar followed by a Kit Kat chocolate bar. Two more shortbread cookies. Two snack pack things with crackers, salami, cheese, followed by another shortbread biscuit.

Yep, yep, yep............!
(6)

And, finish all the rum and eggnog
(2)

Haha CWillie, that's about how I feel too. Way too much pie and mashed potatoes over the holidays.
(2)

My new years resolution is to get back on my low carb diet, that means I only have a couple of days to eat all the carbs currently in my house.
(8)

Chinese New Year, Feb. 2019
Year of the pig.
Will the chocolate last that long, MsMadge,?
Well, what I meant, if I bought it now, it would be gone by Feb.
If I saved it for Feb., it would be too old?

I was napping from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., then abruptly awakened by hubs. So I happened to be awake on a Saturday night. Likely, not for long.

You are always an amazing resource MsMadge!
(3)

Costco is selling Godiva chocolate for Chinese New Year

It looks a lot like the box they were selling for Xmas except it has a red lid instead of a gold lid 🎁

I also got bagels and Danish for breakfast with the Viking
(5)

Got any chocolate for New Year's eve?
(3)

Ok here is my inner brat for the night. I'm gonna take her dang car keys...... Baked driving is impaired driving ugh ahhhhhhhh
(4)

MsMadge, no one told your dog he should get sick from eating that stuff. ;-)

Tammyrex, that situation can certainly bring out brat ideas and actions.
(2)

Lately I feel like a brat constantly. I am a glorified cleaning lady/ personal slave. Well at least that's how I feel most of the time lately. I used to really enjoy hanging out with my friends, a disabled amputee veteran and his wife that has a history of brain cancer, strokes, lupus you name it. Now I clean and go home. She has beginning memory issues and he is diabetic and stubborn as he can be. I'm soooo tired of being told how to do the same things over and over. I am being treated like I'm stupid and don't have a lick of common sense. I DO HAVE COMMON SENSE. Everytime I go to work I find things that just piss me off. Lately they have had a roach issue so I remind constantly please dont leave dirty dishes in the sink, rinse them and put them in dishwasher. Please wipe up puddles of coffee, if you throw away food please put in grocery bag and tie it before you put in garbage can. Please do not put full urinal on dining room table. I could literally go on and on. I am ready to just throw in the towel and tell them to hire someone else.
(3)

My childhood Viking dog ate chocolate chip cookies and cracked open the Xmas walnuts

she also enjoyed a bit of garlic when she got sirloin as a treat and her McDonald’s hamburger had onions

This was 40 so years ago and she lived til nearly 15

did we know then that all these things are bad for dogs ?
(4)

Googled that! Boston Cakes, and entire company of delicious! Would have ordered some if I knew! Hubs would love them.

And swipe was when the cat would bat it's claw at the dog, I remember!

You have me thinking now...isn't swiping a credit card basically stealing anyway?
1) Consumers who do not pay their CC bill.
2) CC Companies loaning with exorbitant fees and interest.
(2)

My error...Boston Coffee Cake, some with walnuts, and some all chocolate with chocolate frosting and walnuts.  Dog outside is fine, but she saves some for him.  I guess I could hide the cake, serve her one slice while dog is out, and then just swipe the dish with leftover cake away from her when dog comes in.  She's real good with the evil eye.

Remember when swipe meant steal, and not something you do with a credit card?
(2)

Company was nice! Taking a page out of Gershun's holiday survival guide, we went late, left early. But not on purpose, there were getting to work time constraints, and the company met us at a busy restaurant, with a new waitress, her first day. Nervous people make me nervous.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter