Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Kumbaya Luckylu!

Lost my little aluminum hat!
(2)

Already consumed all my points for today, but there are 200 food items that
have -0- points!
Yum!
I need to eat.

I don't think it is fair to ask hubs tech support for this. It is my responsibility.
But he does enjoy scanning a product's barcode for the WW points, he just has not taught me to do it. Today's burrito was only 5 points, and the piece of Belgium Chocolate was 5 points also. Food was good, but the scanning ruined the ambience of the meal.
(4)

You are using a diet app Send? That's too high tech for me, but then I already know what my diet pitfalls are so I can avoid them if I choose (and if I have the willpower).
(5)

There is an app for things.
Reminder: A computer cannot think or use common sense!
There is no way I am allowed 56 points for not eating something, when I am allowed 27 points daily, rollover is 4. And, not entering a meal because I couldn't.
Anyway, might need to track my meals by writing them out, adding it myself, and using common sense.
The brat part is, this piece of chocolate is allowed at 5 points! I am going to eat it!
(4)

About 8 years ago hubs had 1 foot in the grave from very severe pneumonia. He was hooked up to a respirator for 2 weeks in a drug induced coma in ICU here in Puerto Vallarta. He also needed dialysis, had cardiac arrhythmias and muscle wasting. I took him home by ambulance 35 days later. He had physical therapy, respiratory treatments, exercises 4 times a day and learned to walk all over again. He was the worst patient I ever had! 🤬
By the grace of God (and a very talented physician) he survived a 90% chance of dying. He says he survived so he can torment me (he’s kidding).
Some days I think it’s true! He’s a diablo 👹.
(7)

Looking up Charlie Brown's teacher.....ringtone

Bleh mwa huh wah bleh........

funny MsMadge!
You are so very well read!

Does anyone know if the Jitterbug can download a ringtone??

Because I want to download this song.....as sung by Andy Williams

In a little while from now
If I'm not feeling any less sour
I promise myself
To treat myself
And visit a nearby tower
And climbing to the top
Will throw myself off....
(1)

My kindle reads 5:57 a.m.
The clocks still read 4:57 a.m.

Just last week, I grabbed one clock off a bookshelf because it was 20 minutes different than all the other clocks in the house. I hid it.
Maybe dH likes it this way, but from the bedroom to sitting at the table, I was getting soooo very confused. It feels like being GASLIGHTED. His motivation is not known.

DO NOT MESS WITH TIME!
(1)

Time change

spring back
fall forward

spring forward
fall back

never change the clocks
be early or late
(4)

Send,

maybe there's a ringtone like Charlie Brown's teacher you can use for dh

wah waaah waaaah wah wah
(4)

That will be a great new hair color for you Send,sounds pretty~
My hairdresser lightens my color every time I get it colored because he says the older you are,the lighter you should go since darker hair brings out the wrinkles and makes you look harsh.(That's what he told me).
AND,
I'm married to a mutt too~
(3)

Oh good, The Boundaries books, now come with electronics advice!
(1)

To be a "true" brat, one needs to post some bratty ideas once in awhile.
Friday and Saturday nights are good brat times.

Even if you do not act on it, what would you really like to "do" to relieve stress?

I am going to try a new hair color, called soft silver blonde, in preparation for going gray.
(3)

Thanks Sue !
(1)

If it’s any comfort Send, we should leave the husbands to fend for themselves for a few days.

Hubs did a lot of the packing while I went around “not doing anything” like getting the car smogged and registered to his mother, cancelling magazine subscriptions, getting medical records, phoning banks, rerouting mail, calling credit card companies, etc. He’s been totally stressed during this whole episode (over a month) and won’t be happy until every last thing is put away. (I figure another 2 weeks).

In the midst of all this, I need to fly back to Tijuana to get my mother while he stays with the 4 cats and 3 dogs. I’m NOT looking forward to the 3 hour flight with Mom. Maybe the nurse at the TJ facility can give her a wee bit more anti anxiety medication to take the edge off.

So, as a last resort, I told “Grumpy” that I might need to let his mother in on how his behavior has been towards me (😱 Oh NO, don’t call mom!)
MIL is on my side! Tellin’ on you to your mama still carries some fear cause she’s still the BIG boss in this Mexican hierarchy.

I got an apology later on in the day and he’s been civil since. Thank God I’ve got that card up my sleeve.

Crud, can’t live with ‘em but can’t live without ‘em either. Grrrrr 😒
(5)

Yes, you are correct.
I may be joking about the issue, but it really hurts when I am already challenged to hold him in high esteem.
Turning off my cell phone for the month of March.

Avoiding all or nothing thinking.........I think.
(3)

Maybe you need to reread your books on boundaries Send, just because DH needs help doesn't give him a free pass to be an ass. You know what they say about biting the hand that feeds you...
(3)

My husband is a dog.
Married to a dog.
(1)

MsMadge, (and other brats),
That sounds like another distressing issue, and I will read the article later.
Overheard in passing, people are leaving fb in droves? What is that about I wonder? Maybe they have all shown up here?

Hubs has been listening to a misogynist type radio show. His attitude has changed for the worse. It is hard enough to get his cooperation. This morning I discovered his special ring tone for me when I call him on his cell phone is a dog barking. Everyone k n o w s d o g s. cannot use a telephone!

Next time I am at the market or pet store, I will be spending a fortune on dog food, and will line my cupboards with canned dog food only.

Everyone knows a dog cannot cook or drive......

Arf, arf arf, arf, bark, bark, bark, yip, yip.......growl, .........
growl, Grrrr.....

Should I bite him?

How is he going to call a dog for a ride????
(3)

Unfortunately they were unpaid and family members who promised to help so that I could go see Dad. Mostly so they didn't have to deal with it, to be honest. I'm the only one who seems able to deal with our parents declining health. Rest assured, they got an ear full when I got home.
(3)

I happened to catch a headline in the NY times while at Starbucks this week, and finally had a chance tonight to search online for the article- so sad about rural NHs closing and folks being shipped hundreds of miles away
(2)

TiredinLville,

That was others behaving badly, but now that you are back, give the "fake" caregivers the riot act. Act really badly towards them, but don't let Mom hear.
And with hold their pay. imo. NOT AS EXPECTED.

Shessh, I am upset for you!
(2)

I take care of my mom, but recently his wife had to place my dad in a nursing home 3 hours from me. I wanted to see the place and my dad so I arranged for people to come help my mom while I was gone. (Amazing, but it took 4 people to handle what I do for her everyday.) I booked a hotel...with a Jacuzzi. I told them I was going up early so I could see dad on Friday, but I actually spent friday evening in a hotel all by myself, hanging out in the jaccuzi. I saw my dad on Saturday and spent a good amount of time with him and went back home Saturday night. That one night of me time was so amazing. I told myself that I would do it again the next time I visit him, then I got home to find out that all hell had broken loose in the 36 hours I was gone. One person forgot to show up completely and the others only stayed for a couple of hours. Mom only got one meal while I was gone but she didn't tell me because she didn't want to upset me while I was with Dad, so she just ate a lot of snack food. I was not a happy camper. My one night of me time created a bad weekend for her.
(3)

Yes and my phone has been beeping with news of lightning nearby
(2)

Thank you Send......I try,as much as possible.

Goodnight to you too~
(1)

Luckylu,
You deserve some treats, and kudos for being bratty. Keep up the good work.

Goodnight!
(3)

MsMadge,
A strange thunder and lightening storm is headed South from here.
Did you get any rain, or real scary thunder and lightening after 9 p.m.?

It sounded like a truck was running back and forth through the house and down the street. 1,000 one.....
(1)

Knowing were about to be snowed in and feeling alittle bratty at Walmart today,I snuck some things I wanted that we didn't need into the cart. Now if I can't get out, I have my candy and the cats have some treats.
(9)

yesterday was recycling day, and windy as heck when I can home the night before when the bins get put out. Three bins at the end of our drive ( ours and two neighbors, we are rural and it seems our drive is the pick up spot). I asked hubs about this,, he said he tied our bin shut with a bungee,, Yep he did... but the neighbors did not. So when I left for work.. all three bins in our ditch.. two open,, ours all sealed up... hubs picked up trash for an hour in terrible wind.. Time to give the neighbors bungees for Christmas... or invite them over for a trash party... Do you think they would get the hint?? I also did not call him to inform of this at 5 am.. LOL Who needs woken up to that news?
(4)

The phone message said: "Water Delivery is tomorrow".

The driveway alarm went off, I jumped up, asking hubs if he put the empty bottle outside. Never answering with "Yes", or "No", He said:
"I thought they were coming tomorrow".

"You are right, they did say they are coming tomorrow!"
Yep. (pause for effect).......
"But they said that yesterday."

The sun will come out, tomorrow.
Bet your bottom dollar, there'll be sun.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.....
(6)

Unintended consequences

it was too chilly to take mom out for a walk after breakfast so decided to play balloon 🎈 and pool noodle with her -
she was doing very well although she only uses her left hand to hit it

another resident whom I don’t know wanted to play so I gave him my noodle - bad idea
he teasingly hit the Viking on the head with it -
I guess you know how that went over
(8)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter